Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Edelweiss and Sauze d’Oulx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of booking Hotel Edelweiss in Sauze d’Oulx for a week in Feb!

Anyone been to this hotel? Any info?

What about Sauze d’Oulx?

Me and my wife are boarders, the only italian resort we have been to is Passo Tonale which we liked but was a bit on the quite side.

My favorite resort so far was Mayrhofen!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you like Mayrhofen then Suzy Does will be a complete change for you. Sauze is lively, compact and a very friendly town. The boarding is OK but limited off piste unless you're seriously good around trees! The immediate area isn;t too bad and of course the other side of the Milky Way with sestriere etc is much better, but last year they still only had a poxy 1 man chair to get across from Sauze, and if it gets windy it closes so beware.

The Esdelweiss is lovely - food is simple but plentiful. In soft boots both of the 2 closest lifts are easy to walk to - go to the uphill one (can't remember name) which gets you to the mid station and opens the whole area to you.

Individual perception is very interesting innit - I found Mayrhofen possibly the most boring place I've ever been!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you can put up with the long transfer Livigno is a good resort, lots apres ski, and a good selection of slopes, more snow sure at resort level than Sauze. And! having been to both Sauze and Livgno the walking is easier in Livigno as its a pretty flat village, and there are free buses from 8am to late.
by the way its duty free too cheap booze in the supermarkets
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bramwing, You dont need to take the one man chair to get over to Borgata and Sestriere! As you are looking at the one man chair ski down to the right and at the bottom of the run a 4 man chair (I think) takes you to the top of the bubble lift and you can either ski half way down and get on at the middle station or get in at the top and straight down to Borgata! Dont be tempted to ski all the way down, we did it once disregarding the signs and had to cross roads etc, not particulary hard but a hassle!

Best skiing is either in Sestriere or Sansicario. The skiing is tougher in Sestriere but skiing through the trees over in Sansicario is fab! It is also warmer in that valley!!

I would avoid Livigno, disjointed area and not great skiing! But it does have a certain following.

Enjoy wherever you decide!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you good Boarders ?? A lot of drag lifts and crucial ones at that.

I really like the resort itself. Everything you need is there somewhere.

Personally I'd take the lift on the left, as you look up, up the hill. The one on the right means using one of two shitty, ancient, slow double chairs. Unless they've got rid of them and replaced them with sopmething from this century.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
666 wrote:
Are you good Boarders ?? A lot of drag lifts and crucial ones at that.

I really like the resort itself. Everything you need is there somewhere.

Personally I'd take the lift on the left, as you look up, up the hill. The one on the right means using one of two shitty, ancient, slow double chairs. Unless they've got rid of them and replaced them with sopmething from this century.

Well.....I guess we are alright boarders. The wife is ok on Reds, I'm fine with most blacks. I also like to have a little play in a park.

But I don't know any boarders that like drags!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry I did not read your post correctly doh. As a boarder you may not like the way of getting over to Sansicario, sorry long, long and steep drag lift! Sad Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy