Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

We have been here a few days now but due to the problems with France Telecom we do not currently have internet at home so i am having to resort to lots of hours in the Alpaka to keep upto date.

As Rorie's pictures show we have lots & lots of soft soft SNOW Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . The forecast is for more snow for the next FOUR days Very Happy Very Happy . It was snowing down to Bourg St Maurice this afternoon. The Double M run down into Val C is skiable pretty good so lots to ski Very Happy

I have a new camera so will hopefully be posting some pictures soon ( It is suppose to be idiot proof so i have a chance) rolling eyes I will probably need Cathy's help though wink

If you can get away there are loads of good offers for some of the hotels in Tignes and fantastic skiing available. Drop me a PM and i will get back to you with the best deals.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward wrote:
I have a new camera so will hopefully be posting some pictures soon ( It is suppose to be idiot proof so i have a chance) rolling eyes

I thought this one might be good for you - is yours similar?
Quote:
I will probably need Cathy's help though wink

Yes, I expect so! Madeye-Smiley
Glad to see the snow is arriving - enjoy! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/yjd9R9vpj9w&NR=1

In a week or two, Rorie??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kenzie, nice video! really want to get out there now, shame Im race training, doubt I'll be riding any lines like those Sad

Forecast is good again today, still 80k winds up top though. What sort of wind speeds do they allow before closing the lifts?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just seen the webcam for today

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="cathy"]
I thought this one might be good for you - is yours similar?
[quote]

Mine is not so technically advanced. What happened to box cameras Puzzled

Lots more snow overnight but unfourtunatly with high winds so the mountain is closed again today. The snow at resort level is pretty wet so should make a good base if the temperatures stop low Very Happy

Tomorrows weather forecast is much better so looking forward to a day of fresh tracks and DEEP DEEP powder
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kenzie, at this rate maybe!

http://twitgoo.com/4oy6r
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be out on the bootcamp trip in 2 weeks from 19th-22nd november,if the weather and cold temps hold which runs apart from the glacier runs are likely to be open? I gather the red 'double M' back to val claret opens(does the lanches chair serving it open too or is it the funicular only?) but do they also open up the 'cairn'or 'genepy' pistes early too if theres enough snow cover?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Atomic_Mick, officially only the glacier will be open until the 28th of November, though in previous years of good snow they have opened the Lanches and the Vanoise early. Unfortunately, my crystal ball is on the blink so I can't predict either way Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good news for Atomic_Mick! The service car was out on Lanches today so it looks like they are doing the necessary work to get it ready for operation. A few ski tourers have skied it already and it looks pretty good.

I've been trying to set a slalom course on the glacier for the past three days and to no avail! Today the glacier was once again closed. The news was that there was too much wind, and too much work required to clean up after the last two stormy days. There was a possibility of them opening at 1:30, but since I'd already been hanging around since 7:45, I've knocked it on the head.

It looks like fairer weather for the weekend. I'll try and get some powder skiing photos Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Atomic_Mick, I skied down Lanches today and it was pretty good snow too. My Pal Unlucky-Louis cried into his cat-suit after hitting a rock with his race skis, but I didn't hit a thing.

All and all, an excellent day and well worth the wait. Though the visibility was variable, snow today was excellent.

I made a Youtube playlist of the day's exploits. Sorry it's a bit shaky, it's my first day with my new camcorder...

http://youtube.com/v/1ySjDJw_kdc&feature=PlayList&p=45175D0DDA5A6EF1&index=0&playnext=1
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great vids.

Have you ever seen Lanches so quiet! It's a bit diffewrent from last Easter.

Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nice vids, the piste conditions look so good at the moment, can't wait till january
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rorie, thanks for the info and the vids look great too,which piste was the slalom and free skiing vids on-is that a blue or a red,it doesnt seem too steep as my gf whilst being able to ski reasonably well and in control on most blues now she just goes into survival mode if you mention the word 'red'. Also i have a secret plan to coax her down the lanches/double m if its open as if i remember it right is long and not too much of a red and pretty wide too-are there many steep/narrow bits on it(if not too many then a bit of slideslipping could be the way to navigate those bits),we are planning to have a private lesson when we get there-i'm also conscious of pushing her too hard and she screaming att me most of the way down too-i'm saying all this and then she'll just flatly refuse once she sees a red marker -maybe you could do a job on the piste markers for us rorie Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We were slalom skiing on the run next to the Champagny T-bar. Technically a red I think, but one of the easiest going. There should be plenty choice when you get out here, especially if they open Rossolin and/or Vanoise in the next week or so.

If you need an considerate, patient, highly qualified, and experienced instructor I might know someone Smile
ski holidays
Ok thanks for that-just sent you a pm rorie,
ski holidays
rorie wrote:

If you need an considerate, patient, highly qualified, and experienced instructor I might know someone Smile

Yes, contact that ESF instructor Stewart Woodward hey Rorie?
wink
snow report
Looks like the run from the glacier down to Tignes is open. People skiing on HD webcams, thats nice Cool
ski holidays
Atomic_Mick, you will do no better than rorie, ANYWHERE.
He gave me and 2 lesson sceptics the most superb 3hr lesson. Totally converted my mates.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
Looks like the run from the glacier down to Tignes is open. People skiing on HD webcams, thats nice Cool

Lot's of them and the lift is open to - was it open this early last year?
latest report
Thanks Frosty the Snowman!

Skiing was awesome today. Not enough snow yet to risk straying off-piste, but the pistes are so good you don't need to: Soft groomers, no queuing, and sunshine most of the day.

It's snowing again now so it could be another powder day tomorrow Smile
snow report
@stewart woodward I would be interested to hear on Tignes accom. deals please, for circa 25.11-02.12

May head down that way. Thanks. Best to email me. xavier.adam@redamc.com
snow report
Excellent snow in Tignes and great to be able to ski down to Val Claret today.
snow conditions
Dunk, brilliant! snowHead Can't wait to get there myself soon enough.
snow report
Woo Hoo 3 days to go Skiing from Thurs to Sat eve ... bring it on
latest report
Does anyone know of a link to a site showing which slopes are open in Tignes? Going out there for a week on the 5th December.
ski holidays
Obsessed_intermediate, Cool

http://www.skiplan.com/skiplan/infostation.php?p_lang=en&p_station=tignes&p_region=alpes&p_pays=france&p_stationformate=tignes
latest report
Cheers for that thefatcontroller, Very Happy I'm hoping they'll gradually open up more slopes over the next couple of weeks.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Atomic_Mick, you will do no better than rorie, ANYWHERE.
He gave me and 2 lesson sceptics the most superb 3hr lesson. Totally converted my mates.

I'd like to echo that sentiment.

Had a lesson with Rorie on Saturday (lucky, lucky me) and he was fantastic. Didn't make me feel silly at all, and I learnt lots, although I did look a bit silly yesterday whizzing down the hill singing 'up 2,3 grip 2, 3' but it worked, thanks Rorie.
snow conditions
Photo shamelessly stolen from the tdcski.com facebook page - looking sweet...

snow conditions
Obsessed_intermediate wrote:
Cheers for that thefatcontroller, Very Happy I'm hoping they'll gradually open up more slopes over the next couple of weeks.

Vast majority of lifts not due to open until the opening of the Espace (last Sat in Nov). Try looking from then.
snow report
Kenzie wrote:
Obsessed_intermediate wrote:

Vast majority of lifts not due to open until the opening of the Espace (last Sat in Nov). Try looking from then.

Toofy Grin Amazingly the day we arrive Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller first day out skiing for us Toofy Grin
latest report
Another amazing day on the glacier great snow but a little chilly this morning. We had over 1.0 meter of snow last week on the top and the skiing is just great.

Quiet a few teams practicing downhill & super G for races later this week and next.http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/18312/ppuser/688

Cathy Help wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward, You've linked to the page not the photo... you need .jpg to be showing at the end of the link

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/Tignes_2009_-_10_002.JPG is the photo and if you then surround it in the (img) (/img) tags using square brackets then it will work e.g
[aimg]https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/medium/Tignes_2009_-_10_002.JPG[/aimg] but remove the 'a's from the tag to get this lovely scene

ski holidays
stewart woodward, bless! How long have you been trying to get photos up here, three years? wink Laughing

OK, go to the page where your picture is, which is here: http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/18312/ppuser/688

At the bottom of tha page it says 'Linked Thumbnail' & some text (which is what you copy if you just want a little picture - thumbnail). On the right of that there's a little icon. Click on it. You'll then have 3 other options appear at the bottom of tha page. Left click on the 'Medium Image' text to highlight it, and then right click to copy it. And then just paste that straight into your post here - et voila!

Lovely pic by the way snowHead
snow report
Thanks snowlamb Smile
snow report
Hi rorie and stewart,
Looks like I am starting work on the 28th, so get a bit more snow down boys and we can go for a blast later that week.
See you soon
snow conditions
looks like there is enough snow already , check the webcam , skiers on the Les Lanches life and on Double M piste....so jealous

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm#GrandMotte
ski holidays
In Tignes on 2nd and 3rd Dec.

Where can I get a bit of race tuition for my daughter and/or a lesson for myself (need some help in powder if there is any!)?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy