Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
noggy wrote:
Bluebell, is quite correct. It was harder getting out than going in, I recall!

Hi noggy, hi Bluebell, yes, I remember that picture being taken too! Happy days! (apart from the lifts being closed that day of course). See you soon Bluebell, noggy, are you off out to Tignes too this December?

skihog, see you soon too.

Hopefully it will be a good one again. It's got pretty chilly here in the UK at times in the last week or so I think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Salut Tignards!

Hey Mrs W, I'm going to the Mayenne this afternoon to see my parents but I'll be back skiing next weekend (probably Saturday the 24th).

The snow is magic at the mo. This morning was beautiful sunshine, and a nice soft top layer of new snow. It looks like there's a bit more on the way this weekend, should be good for November. Snow-making is underway on Lanches, but they need a few weeks of it before we can think about skiing down Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone know what's wrong with the Tignes webcams on tignes.net, or where I can find an alternative?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
michaelf wrote:
Anyone know what's wrong with the Tignes webcams on tignes.net, or where I can find an alternative?

The Tignes web cams were working OK earlier this morning Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use this?

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The tignes website seem to have lost the bits which say which lifts and runs are open ... anybody found it
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmm, working again now but I had the same problem yesterday where they were showing stills from June of this year. Thanks for your responses.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, Thats an awesome panoramic, looks like a beautiful day!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Liam, try it on the tignes website and you'll get a full screen version!

How sad am I!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is the snow park open up Grande Motte glacier? Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone know why the tignes.co.uk webcam is still showing pictures from the 19th October.

Don't they realise we are checking every 1/2 hour for our fix of freshies? Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scroll down below the first one, all the rest are being updated:

http://www.tignes.net/fr/ski-a-tignes/webcams-290.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone in tignes wanting to give an update, looks like snow is falling?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hopefully this forecast of rain even up high will be wrong...

http://www.tignes.net/en/infos-pratiques/tignes-weather-292.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skeg289 wrote:
Is the snow park open up Grande Motte glacier? Puzzled

They were aiming for this weekend, french half term, but not enough snow to work with, however has been snowing for nearly two days Cool
snow report
I found a more promising weather forecast

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_14days.asp?locationID=1687

Its for bourg saint maurice, but using the simple and crude formula that you lose 0.6degrees per 100m vertical means that tignes should be 8-9 degrees colder. Therefore the forecast for heavy rain at 7 degrees should materialise as heavy snow above 2000m. How the hell they think they can predict to 3 sig fig the amount of rain for the 7/8th of November is beyond me but since it says something I like I'm going to choose to put my faith in it.
snow report
rorie, I see Abraskidabra is live - nice one, I like it, I like it! Very Happy
ski holidays
rambotion, if you're going to use metcheck, why not use Metcheck Tignes Forecast
ski holidays
rogg, for some reason the tignes one doesn't show as far in advance as the bourg one
ski holidays
rambotion, You so need to meet carled Toofy Grin
latest report
Glorious sunshine today. Descente is now open, which is the best free-skiing spot, and for half term week there are surprisingly few queues. I took this photo Saturday morning, and the grooming was even better today.

I don't build chairlifts anymore so I should be able to make more frequent updates now.
snow report
rorie wrote:
I don't build chairlifts anymore so I should be able to make more frequent updates now.

Have they managed to find any guniea pigs to test the new lift yet or are they just going to fill it up with all the non ESF instructors and hope for the best wink

Are Team Slalom Plus out this week Puzzled
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Chantelle's gone to the big Dutch snowdome this year, which is a stroke of luck for the smaller kids since Rossolin isn't open yet.

I'm training with Louis at the moment. He's got his test-technique booked for the week started December 7th so I'm his personal coach until I find some real clients Smile
latest report
rorie, Is Rosolin closed due to snow conditions or is the lift still broken ?
ski holidays
Its always scratchy getting from the funicular across to the glacier. I wonder why they haven't constructed more snow fencing in this area, (to the left of the stairs in the picture above) ?
snow report
rjs, unfortunately both at the moment. It looks like the repairs to the lift are nearly finished, but the lift track cuts across some rocks at the top which need some snow. Otherwise, the Rossolin piste looks pretty good.
snow conditions
A new? HD webcam of Val Claret turned on Toofy Grin

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam2.htm
latest report
I prefered the picture they were showing before - much more snow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the horse's mouth this one, as we only got back last night.

The top half of the glacier was closed yesterday as there is very little of the white stuff available. I got down Descente on mostly blue ice on Friday, but I doubt if many have done so since. Yesterday only the Champagny T-bar at the top of the funicular was running. Rosslin is still not open and there is welding and drilling going on as the t-bar was blown over a few weeks ago. There is not enough snow on the t-bar track at present to run it if it is fixed.

The best options are to ski the bottom part of the two runs at the lower end of the glacier, which are OK, though the t-bar track is over scary blue ice (or it was on Friday afternoon), or launch off down the Rosslin piste and find your way over to join the Double M which can be navigated as far as Val Claret on machine snow. I didn't do this as I was on new borrowed skis and I am not very brave. The skis were Atomic Nomad Crimsons, and while not in their element by any means did superbly on hard piste. Loved them.

It was getting cloudy as we left, and snow cannot be far away.

The Melezes superb as ever.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish,

Quote:
The top half of the glacier was closed yesterday as there is very little of the white stuff available

I was skiing slalom on 3500 yesterday, which was open, though I must admit there was a fair bit of glacial ice around! It looks like my prayers have been answered as snow forecast for tonight and through the week Smile
latest report
The rumors are true, there's loads of snow now and more coming. It's going to be a bit stormy this week though Sad

Here's a picture of my pal Lewis on 3500 earlier today...

As you can see he's just 'stoked' Smile

3500 wasn't groomed this morning and the powder was shin deep. Bring it on!
latest report
Back at work and a quick glance at the webcam shows deep snow down to Val Claret. Ah well.

snowHead
snow report
rorie, are you sure he's a friend of yours? Looks like a yeti to me Toofy Grin
snow report
Webcam looking very snowy this morning Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy, I think that's his 'winter beard'!

jonm, It's snowing down in Les Boisses, which is much lower than forecast. 100kph winds on the glacier have closed the mountain this morning. If it carries on snowing like this, ski touring could be an option by the weekend Smile
snow report
rorie, excellent snowHead
snow report
I went out at lunchtime for my first nordic skiing experience! It was a bit ambitious this early in the season, and I did find a few rocks but this youtube clip should give you an idea of what the weather's like in Tignes Smile

My first nordic skiing excursion
snow conditions
rorie, have you considered Nordic lessons?
ski holidays
woohoo!! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, it's on the cards!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy