Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
A very cold day but with a nice covering of fresh powder Very Happy

Skied a little this morning around the Marmottes lift and then down into La Daille to watch the ladies downhill. Unfourtunatly the race was cancelled, but the free Milka hot chocolate was much appreciated. Had to have another warm up later as everybody was feeling the chill.
The pistes are in great shape and the offpiste powder was very light.

The skies have recently cleared a little so hopefully tomorrow will be a blue bird day Very Happy but no doubt still very cold. It looks like we have some warmer temperatures coming in the middle of next week Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beautifull clear morning but still a little cool Confused

After all the fresh snow over the past few days could be a great day Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
Jo225, we saw you this morning (sunday) at the bottom of the sache lift - you actually skied passed us on the way down to it - we shouted after you but you didn't hear us.

Oops, sorry! Embarassed

holidayloverxx wrote:
snorkyvandyke, in fact some of us did ski down to Les Brev from Les Boisses and it wasn;t really open. loads of snow but not pisted. it could all be different by now

It was horrid on Sunday, wasn't it, & believe me, the bit down from Boisses was the best bit - it was basically frozen rubble higher up... However, I was told that it was much better towards the end of the week (didn't do it again myself, though).

Had a lovely week, btw, despite the temperature (don't think I've ever been quite so cold!). We watched some of the racing on Friday in La Daille - great atmosphere Very Happy The free hot chocolate was much appreciated, & I got to dance with the Milka cow Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh. Sounds like we will have to have our witts about us. Going with a large group of beginners and staying at Les Brevs. Would be nice to have a good run home but if it is that bad the less experienced members can maybe download on the lift. I see there is supposed to be some snow forecast. That may help to alleviate the condition of the bottom runs. Do they have snow cannons on those lower runs? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Loads of snow overnight

Deep powder

Lovely skiing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tollpepper, I don't suppose you'd consider saving some of the powder until Sunday?
Nope, thought not! Enjoy and keep us updated.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still snowing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got back from Tignes on Sunday - Weather was great but F R E E Z I N G ............... Snow conditions up top were excellent. Lower - going down into Val and Les Breviere snow cannons had been going non stop, lots of powder but icy underneath. A few runs still not open.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is some more snow coming your way on the 22nd, 23rd etc. Hopefully that will dress things off nicely. Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Watch out for the students across Espace Killy again. 3rd-9th Jan. I know Nottingham Trent Uni (250 of us) is going with Wasteland Ski and they usually bring several other unis at the same time. Normally around 1-2k people in total. NehNeh

Have 5-6 inches here anyway. I might just stay and keep skiing down the garden.

jonm wrote:
AlTom, nice pics - what PP have you done on them to get that 'silvery' effect on the snow?

Just looks like decently exposed photos with an SLR to me. No serious post processing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow is great all the way down to Les Brevieres and skiable to the bottom

Icy patches where the wind has blown the snow off

Very warm today, less wind than yesterday but cloudy and easier to see

Quite a lot of red dots on the piste boards, probably because of the wind

Snow forecast for the next few days, although have heard a rumour of rain Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lots of lovely new snow this morning, about 15cm Very Happy Very Happy

Currently some breaks in the clouds so should be a great day Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Awesome skiing today, loads of lovely deep fresh powder to play in, and the sun was out in the morning. The light went pretty flat in the afternoon, but still very nice. The 26 hours of horrendous journey to get here was all worth it just for today! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, save some for us...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RachelQ wrote:
The 26 hours of horrendous journey to get here

Sad Sad
Quote:
was all worth it just for today! snowHead

snowHead snowHead hope you all have a fab time!
ski holidays
Me thinks that there will be plenty of snow for all those yet to get here, I hear there is more to come

As above, lovely morning not so brill this pm when I was skiing on a very lumpy sheet - if you haven't dug them out remember your low/flat light eye wear. might help

snowHead
snow report
I hope you are right!
I wonder how busy the slopes will be on Christmas day?

www.tignes-apartment.co.uk
snow report
Hmm - judging by the numbers out and about not too bad I'm guessing, depends on whether or not there is sun

Much the best day today, lovely bright morning and beautifully groomed pistes, got a little slushy low down toward the end of the day but then the temp was registering at +7.

Looking forward to a wonderful days skiing tomorrow and for the next few days
snow conditions
The snow conditions are changing very quickly at the moment with great snow yesterday morning but getting a little sticky in the afternoon due to the rise in temperatures.

Last night was the annual xmas eve torch lit descent down Trolles and the arrival of Santa. I have done this for a number of years in varying conditions from a blizzard to sheet ice rolling eyes but last night was the first time in driving RAIN Sad The descent starts at the top of the Paquis lift where thankfully it was snowing but it soon turned into sleet/rain.

Thankfully the temperature has dropped during the night and we have lovely fresh snow this morning Very Happy with a forecast of more snow during the day Little Angel

Going skiing this morning with fellow snowHead George Owen, if he has recovered from the vast amounts of beer he was consuming last night wink

Finally a HAPPY CHRISTMAS from Mrs W & Myself.

Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
Snow fell all night

Fabulous skiing today, good pistes, good weather and all round good fun snowHead
ski holidays
Yesterday was a welcome return to SUNSHINE with warmish temperatures and no winds Very Happy

I met up with Rorie Scott and another friend in the morning for our usual tour to La Daille and Val D. We started down the Tommeuses bumps, which were mainly filled with fresh powder Very Happy before skiiing the bumps & trees under the Etroits chair. The bumps were quiet embarrasing as i had a pre release on my skis and went head first down the bumps Sad Thankfully i was in 'civis' and did not get too much stick from the few people on the lift. We skied La Face into Val D for our morning expresso Little Angel La Face is in great condition with firm grippy snow on a very firm base.

Our intention was to ski the 'S' bumps after coffee but unfourtunatly the run was closed Sad . We returned to Tignes for lunch by skiing the Paquerettes and Trolles all the way from the top offpiste under the Aeroski. The snow was fantastic with knee deep untracked powder Little Angel Little Angel

We lunched in the Spar supermarket which is becoming too busy with british clients wink due to their excellant sarnies at very reasonable rates.

After lunch we met up with another friend who had been granted his yearly pass, by his girlfriend, to ski with us Laughing

The afternoon consisted of repeat trips around Tichot & Grattalu to ski the offpiste on Lognan. We did 4 loops with fresh tracks each time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All in all a great days skiing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Fantastic sunshine all morning so ace skiing
ski holidays
Just back from a fantastic weeks skiing. Mixed conditions at times with flat light and high winds but lots of fresh snow.

stewart woodward, I was only drinking Mutzig so i was fine Shocked Shocked Shocked . Also the pizza at about 11pm helped with the stamina for our lesson on Christmas morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Claire and I really enjoyed the tuition and you've definitely brought our skiing on. Much appreciated by us Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

Great snow conditions for those lucky enough to be there for New Year.
snow report
Snowing and snowing and snowing today - about 3-4" so far
snow conditions
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The pisters were out early this morning, about 6.00am, making the pistes safe but no doubt waking up everybody in Tignes Sad The weather has been so changable these past few days with lots of snow/sleet & fluctuating temperatures. Yesterday we had +4 in Tignes le Lac but we have -25 forecast for saturday Puzzled No wonder the snow pack is so unstable with the avalanche risk fluctuating between 3 & 4. Who knows how many layers to put on in the morning Puzzled

The pistes are in great condition although rather bumpy towards the end of the day due to all the new snow. Hopefully i am going to get over to Val D this afternoon to ski the Foret bumps if the weather is suitable.
ski holidays
Snow up high today

rain down low which turned in to a heavy snow shower

and yes the explosions rattled our windows this morning

blooming warm though

does -25 mean we'll get clear skies? (and maybe even be able to see a little further?)
ski holidays
stewart woodward, hi Stewart, Thought you said was going to clear up this afternoon! Smile pretty bloomin wild in VdI this pm
latest report
skihog wrote:
stewart woodward, hi Stewart, Thought you said was going to clear up this afternoon! Smile pretty bloomin wild in VdI this pm

Hi Skihog - It was pretty wild in all the Espace Killy yesterday afternoon with some of the connecting lifts closing early. I was so glad to have my full length storm coat on Very Happy

This morning it is snowing steadily once again with more snow forecast for tomorrow Blush
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward wrote:
.....This morning it is snowing steadily once again with more snow forecast for tomorrow Blush

Excellent, I'm coming out on Sunday for a week.
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
skihog wrote:

Hi Skihog - It was pretty wild in all the Espace Killy yesterday afternoon with some of the connecting lifts closing early. I was so glad to have my full length storm coat on Very Happy

This morning it is snowing steadily once again with more snow forecast for tomorrow Blush
Hi Stewart! Glad to hear there's plenty of snow. Mr BH and I arrive 9/1 snow sounds good but not keen on the wind could you arrange some blue bird days rolling eyes Are you still with ESF?
ski holidays
spyderjon, leave some for me and my sexy new bindings Cool snowHead
snow report
Countdown to our holiday a week today will be on the train coming to Tignes, keep those reports coming W, they are my daily reading!! Very Happy
latest report
Crunchiepink13 wrote:
Countdown to our holiday a week today will be on the train coming to Tignes, keep those reports coming W, they are my daily reading!! Very Happy

Hope these photo's from today wet your appetite Very Happy

We didn't get as much sun as forecast Sad and it was very cold Sad but at least you could see Little Angel
ski holidays
Good pics Stew! And what's this 'Scotland - Best snow in Europe' thread all about? Does it really matter when all the roads in the area are shut? Smile

Just to prove we don't exactly have a snow-drought here in the espace killy, I though you might like these youtube vids of earlier...

Louis miraculously floating through the powder on his 160 park skis!
http://youtube.com/v/YtvriOxadY4

And of a certain ESF instructor demonstrating the powder roll!
http://youtube.com/v/955BfYG0mnk

Can't wait for our 'Tarantaise Tour' next Saturday... Don't take any bookings whatever you do Smile
snow conditions
Just arrived. It's dark and it's 'kin cold. Can't wait for morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
I have just come in from the first day's skiing. Stopped a bit early because the fun factor was quite low in totally flat light. I think the snow is pretty good but I couldn't actually see it most of the time. The latest weather forecast says the sun may shine for a bit on Wednesday morning. Bogus junior is engaged in the painful process of morphing from a very good skier to a beginner snowboarder and he really suffered from not being able to see the bumps. But tomorrow is another day. We are in the mountains and there is loads of snow, so it can't be that bad Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Bogusman, there hasn't been sunshine in the Alps for at least 3 weeks! You get used to it!

I was in Sainte Foy today for a change. 'Kin cold, I must say. Ania mentioned something about the visibility, but in my state of near hypothermia I didn't notice. Must wear an extra jumper tomorrow.

Stewey and I probably skied better off-piste in Tignes yesterday, but I was really impressed with the condition of the pistes. The quality of the grooming was superb. I'm well up for checking it out again.. next Sunday Stew?
ski holidays
Two weeks today and I'll be there too - yay!!!
snow report
rorie wrote:

I was in Sainte Foy today for a change. I'm well up for checking it out again.. next Sunday Stew?

Hopefully off piste all day in Sainte Foy Thursday Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
rorie wrote:
And of a certain ESF instructor demonstrating the powder roll!
http://youtube.com/v/955BfYG0mnk

Laughing Laughing well captured! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy