Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Bambi on ice, We were at Le Melezes this time last week, up to thursday afternoon and there was plenty of snow at le Boisses but the lifts weren't running and the pistes down there were closed.(we got the bus to le Lac) I think it was more due to lack of people rather than lack of snow. it may have changed now though.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, cool hope your journey up was good - we saved you some snow Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tignes

Overcrowded, Overcast and no snow wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, looks awful Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow! Amazin photo. Gettin excited now, flying out on Sun Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another blue sky day, lovely snow, great conditions on piste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Yep! Yep! Amazing snow indeed...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Heading out today......be prepared for about 1500 students over the espace killy in the next week Cool Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nothing to do.... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Horrible landscape.... wink

Me boring... Razz Razz

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlTom, oooh, looks lovely! snowHead

We're flying out tomorrow (need to leave the house in about four hours, so I should be in bed now!) Very Happy

If you see a woman with streaky green hair & a man with red (or maybe pink, it fades badly!) hair, come & say hi Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Colin B, and all the other Snowheads I happened to meet on Thursday morning, was great to meet you all and I hope you're all continuing to have a great time at Les Melezes! When we left it was getting rather warm sun-wise but the snow seemed to be holding and I got a decent amount of skiing off-piste across virtually untracked snow on Thursday morning which I consider to be pretty good for this time of year. Hope to catch up with more Snowheads on future trips! Anyone out in Tignes, hope you have a great time and, now that I'm back home (unfortunately) I'm rather jealous of the lot of ya snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowshine, nice to meet you too.

Horrible day today, snowing since fairly early morning and poor visibility, sun peaked though for about 45 mins this morning and the same this afternoon. Not ideal weather for a bumps and off piste session this morning Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B wrote:
Horrible day today, snowing since fairly early morning and poor visibility, sun peaked though for about 45 mins this morning and the same this afternoon. Not ideal weather for a bumps and off piste session this morning Sad

Yes...today horrible. We only did 2 runs and decided to return home early.

But yesterday's last run is still in my mind....Amazing snow, amazing sun, amazing view, amazing run....

Also the views from the Grande Motte are still in my mind:
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B wrote:

There was good snow on the glacier and good enough light in the afternoon, I had a good day yesterday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlTom, your pictures are gorgeous! And particularly good to see since this time next week we'll be driving down for a week in Tignes! snowHead
snow report
Quote:

Horrible day today, snowing since fairly early morning and poor visibility, sun peaked though for about 45 mins this morning and the same this afternoon. Not ideal weather for a bumps and off piste session this morning

Sorry to hear it Colin B, today was a belter though Smile
snow report
Colin B wrote:
snowshine, nice to meet you too.

Pretty horrible in Peterborough too. Flat, wet, overcast, no piste and cra*p apres, at least the chav ice rink isn't in town this year. Roll on the new year, not that i'm heading to tignes further east for moi. Snow conditions sounding good. Keep enjoying.
latest report
Good conditions round Val D'Isere today, cold & crisp with a hint of cowbells (World Cup GS on La Face). Good soft snow to be found pretty much everywhere off piste, though cover is definitely thin, so keep a sharp eye out for rocks, and stay light on those feet!!!
snow conditions
Jo225, we saw you this morning (sunday) at the bottom of the sache lift - you actually skied passed us on the way down to it - we shouted after you but you didn't hear us.
latest report
rorie, very true, last day too, can't complain 4 great weather days out of 5 Smile
latest report
Quote:

be prepared for about 1500 students over the espace killy in the next week

......and unearthly 'music' at a completely ridiculous volume pumping from a big marquee in Val Claret to keep
the whole resort up until about 3am Shocked.

I'm no killjoy and like a good apres sesh as much as the next man - but suspect that for anyone over about 25 (and quite a bit more in my case Toofy Grin ) the racket was little short of a living Hell. It had to be heard to be believed. Our apartment was about 400m from the marquee so God knows what it was like for anyone any nearer - or with young kids.

I'm actually a bit disappointed to see Tignes allowing this when it's winter resort guide actually asks guests to keep the noise down after 10pm as some people (like me and Mrs MA) like to get up nice and early for the first lift.

Moan over Mad - we still had a fantastic time: Great snow, 3 sunny ski days out of 4, an unlimited freshtracks afternoon above Le Fornet, very quiet on the runs, free Milka hot chocolate at the Val D world cup race(!!) and a brilliant day in the 3 Vallees too.
snow report
mountainaddict, You may want to avoid 20-27th March as Shirely Bassey on volume 12 till 3am might be a bit much Laughing

http://www.europeangayskiweek.com/
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
mountainaddict, You may want to avoid 20-27th March as Shirely Bassey on volume 12 till 3am might be a bit much Laughing

......and you have to ski and get on the chairlifts backwards
snow report
be prepared for about 1500 students over the espace killy in the next week

as long as they've left by the 26th Dec, no problem!
latest report
thefatcontroller wrote:

Puts a whole new context on the word bash....
snow report
Quote:

and you have to ski and get on the chairlifts backwards

Puzzled
ski holidays
At last Orange.Fr have managed to sort out our internet (it has only taken 6 weeks) so normal reports (& bad pictures) will resume this week Very Happy

Currently we have great snow and blue skies but it is a little 'cool' Blue

Looking forward to watching the ladies World Cup events this weekend in Val D
snow report
Quote:

it is a little 'cool'

You're telling me! I think I was the coldest I've ever been in my life on Sunday, but then lunch outside was probably a bit over-ambitious...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The photographs from the Varsity trip that have appeared all over facebook make it quite clear that there was no snow, no alcohol and no sunshine and no fun to be had, anywhere at all last week. Oh and that the pistes were very crowded.

Not even remotely jealous...
ski holidays
Still some good soft snow to be found here and there in the Espace Killy today. A fair bit of windblown and crust too just to keep everyone honest, along with cold temperatures.. Rumours of snow at the weekend which would be nice as the base is generally very thin.

snow report
stewart woodward, Hi Stewart. Glad to see you're back on air Very Happy

"Currently we have great snow and blue skies but it is a little 'cool" Shocked Looks positively King Billy at the moment. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Can'tforecast.com (your favourite weather site wink ) reckons its going to drop into the -20sC towards the weekend with the possibility of some overnight snow. Now trying to find some of the extra cold weather gear we bought for a January trip to Canada about 3 years ago.(and didn't need) Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Sorry but hadn't realised your Internet was still down......... I've been advising people on the forum to contact for info ref instruction/guiding etc. Embarassed Embarassed

TFI err... Tuesday??? Just 3 days left at work then out on Sunday. No doubt we will catch up with you in the Alpaka Laughing Laughing :lol.
snow conditions
Had a great day in Tignes on Monday - skied out of Val Claret and spent most of the day in the sunshine enjoying some excellent conditions, albeit a tad brass monkeys. The last stretch back down is a little thin to say the least, and man made base in minus plenty makes for some excellent carnage. No significant new snow forecast for the next few days, but temps falling to minus 20ish should make it extra shiny and entertaining on those homeward bound runs for the more nervous - sorry Embarassed
latest report
Great conditions on piste today in Val, Face in really good nick when it opened, and soft fluffy powder in the Cairn, and on the East Face of the Charvet.
Cugnai definitely on the crusty side, but the piste down to the Manchet chair was in great condition - firm & grippy..

snow conditions
Tomorrow ....... off we go

What is the snow doing????
latest report
Hey Snowheads. Been watching this forum for a few weeks. 10 days until I leave for Tignes Les Brevs. Anyone been on thos home run slopes to Les Brevs? What is the condition of the lower slopes like? Does anyone believe the forecast for 23rd and on??

Dreckly
Snorky Puzzled
ski holidays
snorkyvandyke, As per my earlier post, I would not have wanted to ski back towards Les Brevieres on Monday - plenty of manmade, but in the freezing temps, it was a tad hard and slippy on the runback into Val Claret, so can only imagine all the way down would have been a bit sparse and not very enjoyable.....sorry

Still, 10 days is a long time in weather terms wink
latest report
snorkyvandyke, we skied back to Les Boisses on Sunday and it was fairly unpleasant, I wouldn't have fancied going much further down on that sort of surface.
snow conditions
AlTom, nice pics - what PP have you done on them to get that 'silvery' effect on the snow?
ski holidays
snorkyvandyke, in fact some of us did ski down to Les Brev from Les Boisses and it wasn;t really open. loads of snow but not pisted. it could all be different by now
latest report
holidayloverxx, you're more gnarly than me though Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy