Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
skihog, sounds like a plan Bryan! Are you working in Tignes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Marmalade

I hope I can help you. I am a ski instructor with the ESF in Tignes so have access to the race 'Stade' facilities for your daughter and can give you some 'powder skiing' tuition or brush up on your all-mountain skills if there's not enough fresh.

Is your daughter already involved in UK racing?

Regards

Rorie

marmalade wrote:
In Tignes on 2nd and 3rd Dec.

Where can I get a bit of race tuition for my daughter and/or a lesson for myself (need some help in powder if there is any!)?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi all. Nice to see the usual suspects assembling for the season ahead.

Has the sage of Tignes (aka Kenzie) managed to resist the temptation of another full season Puzzled

Good to see Stewart back in harness....work has to interfere with life occasionally wink

Sadly unable to get time off for our New Year trip this time Sad Sad Sad , so have just booked for Christmas instead Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looking forward to catching up with you Tignards in the Alpaka in about 5 weeks time. Laughing Laughing

ps, just seen the forecast for the next few days on Tignes.net........thats a bit too bl**dy warm for my liking Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like it's going to cool again from about the 23rd onwards though (looking for silver lining)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
george owen, Nice to see you are still lurking on snowHead and look forward to seeing you soon.

Tignes has begun to open up more runs with the Rossett nursery slope lift (Free) and Tichot opened yesterday. The Vanoise on the glacier opened last week. Hopefully more lifts will open soon, the piste conditions look good enough Very Happy

France Telecom have still not managed to reconnect our telephone line, so still camping out in the Alpaka rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward wrote:

France Telecom have still not managed to reconnect our telephone line, so still camping out in the Alpaka

There's worse places to hang out... why look for excuses? Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Managed to post a picture at LAST wink wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, well done! Laughing Laughing And looks great snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some recent(ish) photos

http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20091111.php
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stewart woodward, looks fab!!! can you keep it that way until early jan please? cheers!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
george owen wrote:
Hi all. Nice to see the usual suspects assembling for the season ahead.

Has the sage of Tignes (aka Kenzie) managed to resist the temptation of another full season Puzzled

Good to see Stewart back in harness....work has to interfere with life occasionally wink

Sadly unable to get time off for our New Year trip this time Sad Sad Sad , so have just booked for Christmas instead Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Looking forward to catching up with you Tignards in the Alpaka in about 5 weeks time. Laughing Laughing

ps, just seen the forecast for the next few days on Tignes.net........thats a bit too bl**dy warm for my liking Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sorry, but no. The takings in the bars are going to suffer! Embarassed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spring snow in the Autumn? Boy it's warm in Tignes and no snow is forecast until the weekend. Good news is Leisses, Tichot and Rosset are all now open.

I put the cross-country skis on again today...

Quote:
I finished the day with several descents, a dozen good falls, and the conclusion that there’s not much I can hurt while on these skis, other than my pride.

Excerpt from Rorie's Tignes Blog on my day trip to Manchet, Val d'isere.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tignes forecasting right again.

Kenzie, are you planning any skiing at all?

stewart woodward, nice pics.....looking good even if it's about 3000mts high Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fingers crossed for more snow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys we are in Melezes 17 to 28 Jan. Hope to meet up with some, if not alL of you!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rorie,

I've been meaning to ask people for some recommendations for lessons in Tignes.... but having read this thread it seems you are the recommendation!!!

What's the likelihood of you been able to do private lessons in new years week? will you be tied up with group lessons the whole week?
ski holidays
rorie, Are you there between Nov 21-27th (AKA next week). Would be good to meet up. There are about 10 Snowheads in resort that week on various courses.
snow conditions
Bambi on ice, Another vote for Rorie here

Edited cos I've worked out how to Edit the Hyperlink to give it a nice name.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 24-11-09 17:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Just checked the forecast and there looks like a little bit of snow forecast for around the 23rd, hopefully it will snow a good amount from then on.....
snow conditions
I sure am RPF! Where are you all staying?
snow conditions
Bambi on ice, It can be done Very Happy

Send me an e-mail to roriescott@gmail.com
ski holidays
rorie wrote:
I sure am RPF! Where are you all staying?

All over I think, some in Val Claret, some in Lac and some in Boisses. The Alpaka sounds like a good central venue, so what about a Thursday evening get-together?
ski holidays
rob@rar, Brings a smile to my face remembering your coaching session last year with a mild handover Confused Twisted Evil
latest report
thefatcontroller wrote:
rob@rar, Brings a smile to my face remembering your coaching session last year with a mild handover Confused Twisted Evil

Never again. And it wasn't mild, it was life-threatening.
snow conditions
Quote:

The Alpaka sounds like a good central venue, so what about a Thursday evening get-together?

Thursday 26th November in the Alpaka it is then?
snow report
Tignes booked for Christmas and New Year - bring on the snow Smile
ski holidays
With Stewart Woodward's internet still on the blink, I'll keep spamming you all with my snow-report gibberish...

All from my Tignes blog:

Quote:
In the wake of Autumn half term, the glacier in Tignes has an eerie calm about it. With fewer teams training this week and more slopes now open, queuing in Tignes has never been quicker.

Lower temperatures have helped preserve good snow conditions on pistes, and this morning I had the delight of finding some untouched ankle-deep powder beneath the Vanoise lift. Keen off-piste skiers will have to hold their horses, it's just a bit too early for that. Though ski-touring enthusiasts were common place in the Grand Motte car park, I can't justify this sort of ski-trashing excursion in the quest for a greater lung capacity!

The pistes of Double-M and Carline still rely heavily on the work of the snow-cannons as they finish in Val Claret, and will hopefully benefit from the snow-showers forecast for Sunday and Monday when the freezing level should drop to 1400m altitude. This optimistic outlook holds Tignes and Val d'Isere in good stead for the official opening of the Espace Killy on the 28th of November.

My fat skis are still in the corner of bathroom, and I'm itching to get them out. Could it be Sunday?

Rorie
snow report
Quote:

My fat skis are still in the corner of bathroom, and I'm itching to get them out. Could it be Sunday?

Time to wax up the Preachers.
latest report
Blimey.....it's gone a bit quiet in here rolling eyes

Are you tignards all sat at home drying your gear out? Or isn't it as bad as i fear with the current warmer temps?

Come on, tell it like it is Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just having a pint in the Brasero on opening night.

Snow's great, no off-piste to speak of, but there's a few days of snow on the way: looks good for espace killy opening next week : )
ski holidays
RPF and I went for a warm up ski today and the conditions were brilliant! We didn't get up to the glacier and still had plenty of good runs to choose from. There was a dusting of new snow too, fingers crossed it keeps up overnight.
ski holidays
Quote:

there's a few days of snow on the way: looks good for espace killy opening next week : )

Quote:

conditions were brilliant!

I'm off to Tignes on the 6th Dec, so this is all music to my ears Very Happy
snow conditions
We are going on an Inspired to Ski course on 12th December. Having got all excited by the early snowfalls, I've been watching crestfallen as it disappears again rolling eyes

Glad to hear there is more on the way. We went the same time last year and it was phenomenal so am hoping for more of the same Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Bluebell, looks like it's going to be fine. Enjoy the course. snowHead
latest report
Just got back from a 3 day trip to Tignes-the snow conditions kept surprisingly well-even right down to resort on the double M and carline runs considering how warm it was.

I've also got to add my thanks to Rorie for a couple of superb lessons for myself and my gf-and also for lending me his spare ski gloves as i'd managed to forget mine,he let me use them for the whole time i was in resort-what a gent!
snow conditions
Great sight on the webcam this morning.......a group of people walking across the Place du lac boot deep in fresh snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

love it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
just wait for the weekend and then tuesday - reckon that'll put a real smile on your face. snowHead
latest report
Loads & Loads of Powder this morning, at least 30cm in Le Lavachet, and loads on the mountain.
Unfortunatly not much open on Grand Motte this morning due to the high winds but Double M was fantastic.

The weather improved during the day and currently we have clear skies, freezing temperatures and a forecast of sun for tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy

Will try and get a few pictures tomorrow wink
ski holidays
stewart woodward, sounds good. I fly out tomorrow, so will be around later this week. See you in the Alpaka or the Aiguille Percee?
snow report
rob@rar, how long u out in Tignes?
snow conditions
rob@rar, how long u out in Tignes?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy