Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bergamo to the dolomites - midweek transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to ski in the dolomites in january.
Now that the easyjet service from bristol to venice is no more I'm looking at ryanair to bergamo as a possible option. As far as I can tell the transfer buses only operate at weekends. Has anyone any experience of getting from bergamo to the dolomites by public transport midweek ( I'm hoping to be there 10 days or so).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can still go to Venice with KLM.
When you arrive in Venice either hire a car or get a bus/taxi to Venezia-Mestre train station then take the Dolomiti express train direct to Tento or Mezzolombardo - from Trento there are buses from the bus station to most part of the Dolomites
http://www.ski.it/upload/files/treno-sci_orario-2009-10.pdf

Just had thought. It may be worth the drive to Gatwick then take the BA fligt to Verona (we use that flight for our staff so I know it's OK)

Good luck, hope everything works out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nickH, If you are hading to the Eastern Dolomites, Bergamo is even further away than Verona.

But for the Brenta Dolomites, it is probably the best choice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne, alex_heney, checking both optoins thanks. Venice definately the best bet for arabba, but that would now require going via gatwick, a bit of a pain from bristol. Klm also an option & even though more expensive than going via gatwick, it's almost worth the extra to avoid the hassle
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nickH,
At Venice airport, when you come out of the baggage area go though the door directly across the terminal. You will come (after about 30m) to a covered walkway, turn left and go the bus stop on the second car park area (about 40m). From here you can take a bus to the train station. Or take a taxi from the rank. To find the rank come out of the baggage area and though the door directly in front of you then turn right on the walkway. The front of the taxi rank is about 30m down the walk way on the 2nd stage (road) which runs parallel to the walkway.

Good luck. I was in Arabba a while ago and think you'll have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a transfer service, think the links on the Dolomiti Superski web page.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ghost Dog, Midweek?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne,Ghost Dog, thanks , but hadn't mentioned that I skied arabba last year having flown into venice & used the transfer coach. I'm keen to go again, but the headache is that easyjet has withdrawn its winter flights bristol-venice so I'm checking other options, one of which might be ryanair to bergamo, hence the post. It's further complicated because , if I can easily do so, I like the idea of going for 10 days rather than a week & it seems most of the transfer coaches only work weekends.
If I can find a reasonable midweek flight from bristol to venice,I believe there is a daily public bus from venice itself that goes to arabba - takes a couple of hours but good & cheap.
Innsbruck then train & local bus is another option but the flights are weekends only and already getting pretty expensive, even in mid-jan which is my preferred time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickH wrote:

Innsbruck then train & local bus is another option but the flights are weekends only and already getting pretty expensive, even in mid-jan which is my preferred time.

Don't Easyjet do a midweek flight BRS-INN?

I know when I was pricing them up for a possible DIY to Austria, they did Friday & Sunday plus one other day (I can't remember which, but it was certainly midweek).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They used to a single transfer on a Thursday too. I have a feeling that doesn't run now having looked at the current website.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nickH wrote:
,I believe there is a daily public bus from venice itself that goes to arabba - takes a couple of hours but good & cheap.

Unless it is new, I don't think so. But if I am wrong I would be interested to hear. All I could find was a Saturday only transfer arranged jointly by the hotels.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, I'll look into the public bus thing. I'm sure that last year I found one that ran from the main bus station, though it might have involved a change somewhere. It is certainly possible to take the train to Belluno & then the dolomitibus service from there.

You are right about the transfer bus, which is operated by dolomitistars (http://www.dolomitistars.com/index.php?module=CMpro&func=viewpage&pageid=228) & runs sat & sun to & from both marco polo & treviso for those going to hotels & appts that are signed up , though I think that covers many of those available
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy