Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Am I Mad Or Just Sad

Poster: A snowHead
Heres my dilema, due to work commitments I am unable to go with the group I normally go with in Jan, so I was going to forgoe my early season trip as I am going on my usual family trip at the end of March. But I thought what the hell I have vacation due what am I going to do with myself for a week at the beginning of Feb. So before I knew it I had my credit card out and booked a solo trip to Tignes.

Going with Mark Warner and the reason for my somewhat hasty decision is they do ski hosting 5 days a week, so should be able to hook up with other skiers, also I was able to book a small double room with no single supplement. I am mid 40's, easy going and would best describe myself as level 7 skier on the 1-10 scale (dont do off piste, but can ski pretty much ski anything on piste with confidence)

So my question is AM I MAD OR AM I SAD, I know I would be feeling pretty sad if I was sat at home for a week at the beginning of Feb, listening to the rain hammering down on the conservatory roof.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kel, neither mad nor sad, just lucky Very Happy . enjoy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, Not at all mad or sad. I'm a little older and went on my own to Zermatt in January 2008. Had a great time only skied alone for half a day all week. Socially it was pretty good too although a little boozy at times.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ure not sad .
But if you look on the thread snowheads forthcoming events 09/10 there is one the same week. Last year was my first trip and I was terrified not knowing any one , and my skiing is dubious at best!! . All I can say I never regreted it once , in fact the only thing I did regret is that my wife wouldn't let me go again in April!!! Still that's sorted this year!! . obviously you have already booked the trip already but if it's half as much fun then let madness reign!. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You;re mad you are. I'll go instead of you so you don't look mad any more. does that help?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kel, loads of people go on ski holidays on their own - it's the people who won't be parted for five minutes from their SO or Best Fwends (even when doing a 90 minute flight on a cheap airline) who are sad. Or who will go hungry rather than eat a meal on their own. Very odd - I blame the parents. wink

Have fun. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mad, but good mad so its ok.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bfg, So are you going to the 6th BB ? It will be great to see you there, I've got the week booked. Cool

I even made the EOSB last year as well in unexpected circumstances. The 5thh BB was my first bash but I fear there will be many more. Madeye-Smiley Kel, Go for it, I've wasted too many ski years and need to catch up. That marriage lark just got in the way. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
geepee,
I'm married and it dont get in the way. Only when she's having a girlie strop and wont go down the mogulled black I've said she'll be OK on Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Only when she's having a girlie strop and wont go down the mogulled black I've said she'll be OK on Embarassed

Kel, you should know better!! wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Only when she's having a girlie strop and wont go down the mogulled black I've said she'll be OK on Embarassed

Kel, you should know better!! wink

I do know better and over the years I have learned not to do this, but now and then the little Toofy Grin appears on my right shoulder and I think it will be OK Puzzled Not
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not at all mad. We have our usual family trip arranged, but I'm now considering places I may 'need' to go to for a 'research' visit. That will most likely be alone and I'm a little bit excited Very Happy Enjoy yourself
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kel, I did 3 solo trips last year (1 with Mark Warner) I had a great time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You'll be that loser sat on their own at breakfast, with everyone pointing and laughing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitegold wrote:
You'll be that loser sat on their own at breakfast, with everyone pointing and laughing.

Mark warner have mixed tables (they were tables of about 10 in La Plagne last year) so you are never on your own for dinner, it's a free for all at breakfast with most people sitting nearest to the food so they can make a quick exit to get off skiing Laughing
snow conditions
Whitegold,
Just when everyone had re-assured my insecure self you go and put this Laughing
latest report
Kel, Ignore his comments rolling eyes
You will have company to eat and ski with and take a good book, what else do you need?
snow report
Linds wrote:
Kel, Ignore his comments rolling eyes
You will have company to eat and ski with and take a good book, what else do you need?

Someone to go drinking with snowHead
latest report
Kel, there's a fairly steady stream of snowHeads in Tignes during the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if you were in resort as the same time as other people and could hook up with them for a bit of skiing. Failing that you could always help Stewart Woodward prop up the bar in the Alpaka. Post a message a week or two before you go out to see who else will be there.

Now, can anyone recommend me a chalet in Chamonix or Morzine. I've been looking and looking and just haven't found anything...
snow conditions
Kel, There's nothing mad or sad about going on a skiing holiday on your own. If you're going on your own chalets are a good way to do it as they're usually sociable (I can't comment about Mark Warners as I've never been with them).

Rather than being mad and/or sad it sounds like you're very lucky in having an understanding family.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy