Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIY St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
Im thinking of booking a diy trip to St Anton for the last week of Jan on a bit of a budget and was hoping i could get some tips from here on best place to fly to (found some reasonable flights from Gat-Inn), transfers and accommodation self catering is not a problem.
Thanks in advance guys Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Innsbruck is the closest airport. There is a direct train from Innsbruck to St Anton.

You could also look at Ryanair flight to Friedrichshafen. From there I think there are buses connections:
www.ski-express-arlberg.de
http://www.mytransfer.at/finished_v6/index.php

Apparently there are direct trains that run from Zurich as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
romeowner, Innsbruck definitely best route. Friedrischshafen OK but no where near as quick to get to from Innsbruck. The official St Anton website best place for finding rooms etc http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/unterkuenfte/accommodation-search.html They've recently changed website and I can't find the interactive town map which was great for finding the type of accomodation based on location. You ideally want to stay in Dorf (centre) Oberdorf (slightly away from centre but close to Mooserwirt Smile ) or Nasserein but try to stay as close to the Nassereinbahn as possible otherwise you may need buses/taxis later on after the apres.
I'm staying at Haus Angelika in Feb for the annual boys trip and is probably one of the best locations in town - €73 per night b&b. You could also check out this website as it's pretty informative http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/
If you're looking for budget you could try Talhof Nigg which is a b&b I stayed at a few years ago for around €50 per night and it was at the start of the pedestrian zone. Or if you're on a smaller budget Nasserein or St Jakob will be the place to stay
Good luck
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's also the Arlberg Express from Zurich:
http://www.arlbergexpress.com/EN-en/zurich_airport_shuttleservice.aspx
Heathrow or London city can be a reasonable price to Zurich.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers guys Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If you're looking for budget you could try Talhof Nigg which is a b&b I stayed at a few years ago for around €50 per night

"Budget??" Shocked
Presumably that's the price of a double room? Loads of bed and breakfasts on the St Anton website from about 20 euros per person per night wink .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry romeowner, , but what do you need advice on?

You have cheap flights sorted! Transfers, and accomodation self catering is not a problem! So what do you think is?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy Hockley, any hints and tips you have on the area Very Happy
boabski, cheers for the links found some cracking deals for b&b's and appartments in S Jacob, so whats St Jacobs like how far is it from St Anton it doesn't look to far on the piste map is it walking distance, whats the free bus service like and does it run in the night, or do i evan need to go to St Anton is there plenty of restaurants,bars and a supermarket in St Jacob???
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is possible to walk into St Anton from St Jakob depending which end of the village you are it can be from 15-30 mins. The free bus doe not run in the evening. There is a pay shuttle bus after 11pm. There are no shops in the village although you can buy draft milk from one of the cow sheds. No Bars or Restaurants so to speak they are contained in the Hotels.
There is large M Preis supermarket on the main highway.
http://www.mpreis.at/standorte/maerktefilialen/index.htm?no_cache=1&tx_usrmbshops_pi1[showPostcodeShops]=6580
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, Single room but as they say location location location wink The cheaper ones you mention will invariably be in St Jakob or Nasserein
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict wrote:
Loads of bed and breakfasts on the St Anton website from about 20 euros per person per night wink .

You will not find anything in St Anton for €20 per night in the winter for single occupancy. Very cheapest would be €30 and that would be out Pettneu or Strengen without facilities (shower & toilet on floor).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

If you're looking for budget you could try Talhof Nigg which is a b&b I stayed at a few years ago for around €50 per night

"Budget??" Shocked
Presumably that's the price of a double room? Loads of bed and breakfasts on the St Anton website from about 20 euros per person per night wink .

Would you share with us which B&Bs offer rooms for €20 pp-we're heading to St Anton in Feb we usually spend €65-€70 per night for two of us on accommodation, would love to see whats on offer there for less than this.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flights booked with Ryanair Stanstead-Friedrichshafen 23/01/10 for 2 adults, 1 child and snowboard carraige all for the bargain price of £156 happy days Very Happy.
Transfers look reasonable too.....Had an e-mail back from Stuben ski school saying they will take our 3.5yrs daughter in thier playfull learning so that leave me and the Mrs to cruise around with some of our good mates Very Happy
Can you actually ski/board back into Stuben from the St Anton side?????
Dreaming of powder already wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
romeowner, Have you booked Stuben then - if so where are you staying? Yes the skiing to and from St Anton dead easy and all linked so no buses required. Simply take the 2 man chair from Stuben, ski along to Alpe Rauz/Valfragahr (spelling??), then take the long 6 man chair up, ski all the way down to St Anton via the Steissbachtal (happy valley) which if you hit before say 2.30 will be a very flattering run, or carnage afterwards. If you manage to ski past the Mooserwirt without stopping in you can then take the Galzigbahn back up and then your choices open up to you but you definitely want to take red 14 then blue 17 all the way down to Stuben (7km run and probably my favourite run in the area).
If you ski down to Alpe Rauz and simply want to ski back to Stuben, after taking the short t-bar, walk past the pylon and it takes you to blue 17 - it's not signposted, but could save you a long ski if you're running out of time
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boabski, yes we are staying in Stuben booked in Haus Flexen/ Pilsstuble its a b&b, on the village plan its on the front row three doors up from hotel post opposite the bus stop and ski school. For the three of us we have got it sorted for roughly £990 that includes transfers bothsides, airport parking, flights and accommodation!!!!!
boabski, Thanks for all your info shame you wont be there so i could buy you a beer Very Happy
latest report
romeowner, pretty sure I've had a few beers in there - only €3 a pint. Good atmosphere and in an ideal location( http://www.st-antonamarlberg.co.uk/lunch.html. You'll be a 200m walk to ski school and to lift. Under £1000 - I'm mighty jealous. Wait till you add another 2 kids, then we'll see if you can get for same price Twisted Evil It costs me at least that in flights alone coming from Scotland to Innsbruck Sad
snow report
boabski, Well thats that then no more kids Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy