Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

week before Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need some help. Crossing the Atlantic for a trip with large group of 13 - 10 skiers and 3 non skiers. We will
be flying into Zurich on Dec. 19th. Need some options for places in either Switzerland or Austria for 1 week
from Dec. 19th - 26th/2009. Group is mixed - from Intermediated to Advanced - no beginners. Since first
ski trip across the pond for most of the people - ambiance is important - also need things for non-skiers to do.

Obviously, early season snow records are important.

Not planning on hiring a car - so easy train access from Zurich is important.

Probably looking for a Catered Chalet that can handle the large group - what do we need to budget?

How late should we wait to book for that time of year?

Looking at Zermatt or Ischgl - any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sawni, I assume you have your flights booked?

Xmas week is a little "funny" - you could probably find some sort of accommodation right up to the night you leave Canada but finding something that makes it a memorable holiday? Unlikely. So book as soon as you can. Christmas doesn't tend to get discounted the same way that some weeks do.

Loads of resorts easy from Zurich check out www.j2ski.com. Just be careful though, Interlaken is listed as a ski resort. It's not. It's a town not very far away from ski resorts. A good general resource is www.ultimate-ski.com

Does it need to be a chalet? My perception is that these are thicker on the ground in France. But the Swiss and Austrians make excellent hotel hosts.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sawni, I hope you find something really good. Zermatt or Ischgl should both be memorable. But it's not the week before Christmas - it's Christmas week. Rather less expensive and crowded than New Year, but still peak holiday period, so I'd go with the advice from under a new name, and book sooner rather than later. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this site will give you a flavour http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sawni, Zermatt would be ideal as you can get there easily by train from Zurich (we've done it a few times no problems, lovely trains and all run to time, as does everything in Switzerland!)

We stayed at Hotel Tschugge - http://www.hotel-tschugge.ch/ge it's situated in the centre but set back off the main road up some steps so quieter and great views (if they have fireworks at Christmas you will have a grandstand view of them over the church tower, as we did from our balcony for New Year!). It's easily walkable to the main areas and to make life easier, we stored our boots/skis in a ski shop in town. I have a feeling it's owned by the Mayor of Zurich. Nice hotel, comfortable, good food, good breakfasts, very friendly. As under new name says, Swiss/Austrians make lovely hotel hosts, very friendly and warm. I've done a chalet holiday in Zermatt, but would rather stay in a smaller hotel from now.

Over Christmas Zermatt should be snow-sure. But, wherever you go, I would book sooner rather than later. Good luck!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry - that link didn't work did it?! Embarassed Try this one:

http://www.hotel-tschugge.ch/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy