Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts with good late night transfers for solo ski weekends

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Organising a couple of trips and have no mates to share costs with. Also have no time to ditch leave/skiing time on transfers so I'm looking for places one get to and back without renting a car on a tight weekend/long weekend schedule? i.e arrive 9-10pm on Thursday/Friday night. Return flight Sunday/Monday around 8pm. Zurich/Geneva are aiports of choice but open to other suggested airports if they have good scheduled flights (bearing in mind that I'm carrying skis so Ryanair's £76 ski fee counts them out).

So far I've only found Chamonix from Geneva. Every other place I look for trains/buses schedules don't seem to work if you arrive after about 8pm and/or want a full day skiing on the last day.

Follow on question is what resorts have good 'open' groups for guided off piste skiing for a skier with no mates and not sufficient cash to hire a guide alone. Have tried Piste to Powder at St Anton which I rate well and Lech ski school also good. Not aware of anything similar at Chamonix. Alpine Experience at Val d'Isere wasn't much good IMO (anyway too far for a weekend). Powder Extreme at Verbier is ok but too expensive for what it is.

Many thanks for suggestions on both resorts/ski guiding services.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out Turin for Sauxe D'Oulx or Montgenvre.
We did this last year with Flexible breaks who picked us up late Thursday and returned us late Monday so we got four full slope days in. Downside is that the best option is with RyanAir from Stanstead.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
www.skiweekends.com does that by leaving London at 5pm Thurs, then ski all day Fri, Sat and Sun and be back in London for 8am Mon Morning. The only problem is sleeping on the bus... Madeye-Smiley They go to 3 vallees and Chamonix..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sbentley, there are transfer companies that run out of geneva at no premium for late pick up an leave 3 hours before depature time all.... we often have clients who fly out after work on a Wednesday/Thursday so arrive at GVA 1t 22:30/23:00 and leave on Sunday after a full days skiing come back to the chalet for tea and shower and then depart for GVA and get home at about 21:00!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Marcellus, You don't have any links/names for these companies do you? I've searched the web before and come up with nothing outside Chamonix that went that late for one person at a reasonable cost (i.e. less than just hiring a car).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To Les Carroz try www.skilifts.com......... should be less than €70 return..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sbentley
user

Hmm - long way from Australia for a weekend Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done exactly this a couple times to Engelberg. It's the last resort you can get to from Zurich airport on the Swiss trains late at night, arriving around 12:30 AM. The return is also easy with trains leaving every hour.

Same is true for Munich --> Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

So far I've only found Chamonix from Geneva.

So why look further than that? Access to several ski areas, great transfer access, and daily off piste groups onto the VB. Job done.
Another unbiased assessment from Midgetbiker rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent thanks. Some v. good suggestions. Sounds like with Ski-Lifts I can get to loads of places from Geneva (BTW it is EUR90 for one or EUR130 if you arrive after 10pm but still ok) and the Engleberg train suggestion is excellent.

Next question which of these places have ski schools with decent off piste groups you can join for Nigel no maters? (I'm perhaps wrongly dismissing Midgetbiker's daily off piste groups to the VB as groups of intermediates taking the regular route down the VB - nothing wrong with that but won't satisfy my urges).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy