Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbird chairlift riders offered "complimentary lunch" after unplanned descent

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They also got a free liftpass. This news and video report from KUTV.com

[This news item has been re-posted, due to another unexpected ride]

89 skiers were evacuated yesterday from the Peruvian Express chairlift at Snowbird, Utah, due to high winds which triggered an automatic shut-down. A special harness was slung above each chair so that each skier could be lowered to the ground.

"There's no such thing as a free lunch", unless you get evacuated from a chairlift. Discuss.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowbird did me a free meal this evening Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"traveled", ok - American English is well established and has lost some "letters" to make it easier for the land of large empty spaces full of teeth but "defiantly", oh! such bad spelling Confused Am I about to be accused of racism? Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Aneira wrote:
"traveled", ok - American English is well established and has lost some "letters" to make it easier for the land of large empty spaces full of teeth but "defiantly", oh! such bad spelling Confused Am I about to be accused of racism? Crying or Very sad

Nope, Pedantrism (sp?)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
'defiantly' isn't so much misspelt as the wrong word, I think.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The full quote and context, from the KUTV report:
Quote:
The Ski Patrol tossed ropes up to those stranded in the chairs and they ran the rope through a loop attached to the chair, then the skiers threw the rope back to the ground. Rescuers pulled a seat harness up to skiers who then strapped themselves in and where lowered to the ground.

"I'm not going to lie its defiantly nerve wracking," says Charles Dow of Boston, Massachusetts.

I'd blame the journalist and/or sub-editors. There's a missing apostrophe and Mr Dow is probably mis-quoted. There's no point in printing a quote that is nonsense.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Multiple use of 'where' instead of 'were'. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At Silver after the evac from last friday, when we had 36" and the riders spent up to 1.5 hours on the lift, they received a free ticket to another day and today they get to go ski an hour earlier than the rest of the masses.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not even a hot drink?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
richmond, credit where it's due, that post made me laugh out loud.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy