Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauz D'oulx first week of april.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Calling all snowheads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You may have read my questions about Kitzbuhel. I have now found a very attractive offer for sauze D'Oulx, weekend of the 4th of april. Does anybody have any experience of late season there? The snow depths look pretty good atm. In th time honoured fashion, DISCUSS
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look at it nearer the time! You may not have snow there in April. Was there in January this year and had fantastic conditions, was there in January a few years ago and had to go to Val Thorens to get some decent snow!! It is a great place but vulnerable to conditions, despite the huge area.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MJS, it's traditionally one of the first places to get a big thaw. Might be very sweaty and slushy by then. But then again might be great. My bet is on the former.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MJS - as Bode says. Given that it is still snowing it could be good but ......
Monitor conditions on this great little site: http://www.vitton.it/Webcam/cam%20meteosauze.htm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was there in the last week of march in about 2003. Had to get a chairlift down everday at the end - everything below the top of the first level of lifts was slush & mud on the sauze side, sestriere was a bit better, but could only link by gondy, though there was some nice skiing to be had on the next valley over from sauze (sansicario?). The town itself was also pretty quiet then.

Snow was as good as kitz was in February 2007, though (terrible year), and the mud was less depressing as it was sunnier!

Still got a good weeks sliding about in, and there's some decent bars, but i'd be VERY wary of April.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went there Easter 2000 and snow was ok from midstation up but gone at village level.... like Cunners, we had to get the chair down to the village BUT resort and slopes were deserted... great weeks skiing from about 8.45am til 2pm then very slushy... got a cracking tan though!

Every year is different though... depends on the snow base (which should be good this year unless it gets particularly warm in the next couple of weeks), temperatures, further fresh snow (which may well come) and traffic on the slopes (less this year due to credit crunch?????).. If the deals good I'd probably take the gamble if I was inclined to ski Sauze again...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Taken the plunge and booked it. Good deal sealed it. All in, flights, transfers, half board, lift pass, lessons, equipment for £711! Not too bad methinks. Hotel gets rave reviews on trip advisor too. Got the full milky way pass so hopefully we should get some skiing done. Lets hope for freak snow storms all march!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy