Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bode Miller quits World Cup skiing for the rest of the season [re-titled thread]

Poster: A snowHead
[Re-titled, due to developments on 3 March, as below]

Austrian reports that Bode Miller has an unknown daughter were confirmed by a news agency on 22 February ...

... Bode Miller says he has 1-year-old daughter [Associated Press]

... and he confirmed yesterday in his diary on UniversalSports.com that he's taken a little time off to hear his "little squeaker make noise" ...

Bode's Diary [24 February]

With Bode changing nappies and racing Disneyland, how is his ski career going to evolve?

Idle speculation welcome.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-03-09 23:55; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was curious enough to open the post but not to read the links, and my gut reaction is, "Does anybody care?"
Is that idle enough for you? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why would anybody think it likely to make the slightest difference?

He isn't the only ski racer with a child.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am sure Bode is used to skiing in a sleep deprived and dehydrated state Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is the most pointless thread ever Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
possible future excuse... and that's it...

Is the Daily Mail missing one of its headline writers? Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
xyzpaul wrote:
This is the most pointless thread ever Smile

Its function is to generate replies and hits: 5 and 238, respectively, at the time of typing.

The thread "Supermarket and restaurant between Geneva and Grand Bornard" has 11 replies and 158 hits, which makes it more valuable in terms of replies, but less significant in hits.

This raises the obvious question: Which is more pointless: replies or hits?

stoatsbrother wrote:
Is the Daily Mail missing one of its headline writers? Confused

I doubt it - they're probably delighted to be rid of him.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, I was interested to read it so thank you Smile .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith,
Quote:

This raises the obvious question: Which is more pointless: replies or hits?

Dawn Chorus Posts 68831 Views 391844

Toofy Grin

If you want some sH stats there are plenty here
http://snowheads.com/mx/modules/mx_statistics/mx_statistics.php
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, I'm most grateful to you. Did you know that Nestlé love your name so much that they have dedicated a range of instant soups, stocks, bouillon cubes, ketchups, sauces, seasonings and instant noodles in recognition of it? Wikipedia have an entire Maggi section:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggi

Boredsurfing, that's extremely helpful but it doesn't actually answer the question - Which is more pointless: replies or hits?

I personally think that replies are more pointless. It's the audience size that matters, not the number of people who want to argue with a computer monitor.

alex_heney wrote:
Why would anybody think it likely to make the slightest difference?

He isn't the only ski racer with a child.

That may well be true, but we're talking about a guy who's built a cult around such things as road-tripping between European ski races in a motorhome. It's clear from his blog that he's emotionally torn between that lifestyle and fatherhood.

Let's say we're the kind of people who put money on ski race results - you've got to factor these things in.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 26-02-09 0:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He has been shaggin all over St Anton for years . LOL , no new news here !!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's the first question i get asked when representing female athletes. "Are there any plans or chances of her starting a family?" i think it's an interesting issue.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Miller isn't female [am I having hallucinations?]
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a worthwhile thread.

If your job is travelling at huge speed down icy mtns, then the fact you've got someone other than yourself to think about has got to effect you a little bit hasn't it ?

He's not exactly 'corporate' so there's even more chance he could say stuff it and walk away. He must be worth quite a bit by now anyway so money isn't the problem it could be . . .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, No, not Hallucinations, just flashbacks, welcome to the 2000's. Men sell tuperware too!
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Men sell tuperware too!

Is he talking skiboots again?
latest report
666 wrote:
He must be worth quite a bit by now anyway so money isn't the problem it could be . . .

That phrase embodies a concept I utterly loathe.

There is very little in usage of the English language which gets my back up quite as much as describing somebody as "worth" the monetary value of what they own.
latest report
Associated Press report that Bode Miller is extending his absence from the World Cup circuit for another week to spend more time with his daughter:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iVJClKZeZehcmvA0-JbzG1oIP1_QD96J8ID80
ski holidays
Quote:

He must be worth quite a bit by now anyway so money isn't the problem it could be . . .
depends where he had it invested recently! For sure he isn't the kinda guy that craves multi-millions but I doubt he's rich enough to retire yet. He seems to operate at a more earthy level. His decisions seem unconnected with money.

Them tupperware boots are a nightmare regards comfort and warmth... but my feet have never felt fresher.
snow conditions
Associated Press report that Bode Miller is extending his absence from the World Cup circuit for another week to spend more time with his daughter:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iVJClKZeZehcmvA0-JbzG1oIP1_QD96J8ID80
latest report
alex_heney, how would you describe it then ?
snow conditions
The New York Daily News is reporting that Bode Miller has now pulled out of the World Cup for the rest of the season, expressing disappointment at his results and his ankle injury. From the report linked below:
Quote:
"At this time I find more happiness doing other things than being on tour," Miller said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2009/03/03/2009-03-03_champion_ski_racer_bode_miller_cancels_r.html

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 4-03-09 0:15; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
P.S. I should point out that the report above is a notable scoop for Nathaniel Vinton, who's a long-established ski racing correspondent.
snow report
That's a pity, Bode is my favourite, his attitude is like that of a former Austrian showjumper Hugo Simon, his phrase was 'Hugo first, Hugo last, Hugo never second'
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy