Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As Easter is so early this year, we are considering squeezing another week's skiing in this year, well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it? I've never been this late before and wonder if the snow usually holds up well until end March, but also whether it will be as busy as half term week. If so, any ideas as to resorts which may be a bit quieter!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What kind of runs and style of resort are you looking for, sallyanne? Where have you enjoyed up to now?

Skiing is usually fine into mid-April in resorts with plenty of skiing networked above 2000m. The current depth of base is little worrying, though. Let's hope things improve. You might be best off insisting on a resort with a good glacier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like anywhere high with a large amount runs as I like to travel rather than ski the same runs again and again, enjoy places like 3 valleys, espace killy...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd therefore suggest Les Arcs (obviously the higher stations at 1800, 1950 and 2000 will have best chance of skiing to the village) or Zermatt / Cervinia. These places cope with Easter crowds, and have runs where you can escape a bit.

Some Austrian resorts like Solden and Ischgl could still be fine at that time. Solden has a glacier and reasonably extensive ski area. Ischgl doesn't have a glacier, but is quite high. It's a busy place, though. St Anton and the Arlberg are favourites for later spring skiing, but it gets very busy indeed there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many N.american resorts are in good nick at Easter and, with the possible exception of the Easter w/e itself, are less busy than the high European resorts at that time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sallyanne, It's clear - you should come to the bash. See the threads in the Chalets & Apartments forum. We'll all (well, lots of us) be ski-ing Les Arcs (or Tignes, or Val thorens) at the end of April . Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski - unfortunately, for those of us bound by term-dates, Easter falls at the end of March/start of April

Sad for the bash
Smile for the snow-cover !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sallyanne, Good time of the year to go, last year mid april snow showers was great. Just depends on the season we get, hasn't started too well. Hopefully we are turning the corner now.

See what has good snow coverage and book late.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Am tempted, looking at brochure prices, doesn't seem as expensive as half term either. My main concern is crowds. Will ponder.....and thanks for offer of bash easiski, also tempting!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I ski every year in St Anton in late April. Its fantastic , the key is to get up early ski till 11-12 ten relax the rest of the day. The snow becomes heavy & injurries can occur. I have experienced some great powder as well at this time.
Dont expect the heavy Apres Ski like in the main season although the Moserwirt open until last day of the season !
Enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's it like in North America late April/Early March ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This year, the French school Spring holidays fall in different weeks to the UK Easter school holidays (not sure whether the same is true in Austria, Switzerland etc.) so if you go to a resort that has a high proportion of French skiers then you'll avoid the crowds that will plague half-term (which, as usual, clashes with French school holidays this year).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sallyanne, The biggest week at Easter this year is 26/03 - 02/04 the week before is quiet and the week after busy but less so. Easter prices are always less than half term which is a ridiculous (and dangerous) time to go ski-ing.

Unfortunately I've now advised so many families to change that my Easter weeks are booked up about 6 months in advance! rolling eyes rolling eyes I made a rod for my own back it seems!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all. v. interesting about the school holidays......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy