Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Satski- what does this mean?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I order a Sat Ski in mid-January it never arrived. I contacted the company and offer to pay to have in Fed EX to me, this was not possible. I was promised the unit would be delivered to me on four occassions when I was in Zermatt it never arrived, I have exchanged numerous emails and still the unit has not arrived, indeed they say they do not have the units anyway. I have been trying to get a refund for months no luck there. I have done a company search and it looks like I am wasting my time there, I have instructed by lawyers to start legal action - does anyone have any information that would help? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Richard, this may be of assistance, the email that Satski received from Paypal to confirm your refund was issued over a month ago:

Thank you for contacting PayPal in relation to the refund that was
initiated to Mr. Richard Brassard on Feb. 9th, 2009 at 13:38:46 GMT. We
have reviewed your account and it shows that this refund was successful and
was issued back to Mr.
Brassard.

I recommend that you have Mr. Brassard contact us directly as this payment
was initiated through PayPal. If the customer contacts us we will be able
to trace the payment and determine where the payment was made to. If the
customer has changed his credit card or funding source the payment will
still be returned to the original source of the funds.

I am sorry that the customer is contacting you in relation to this matter
when clearly they should be contacting PayPal if they have a problem.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Mike
Business Support Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard Courtenay, ChaletNeige, Welcome to snowHead
Hope you resolve your differences. wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I notice in todays Sunday Times money section Theo Paphitis when asked what his worst ever financial investment ever was, says it was investing in Satski through Dragons Den. He says he lost £150k.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember seeing the original publicity about this project, and some discussion on SH, but I didn't see this thread. Is Satski now completely off the radar (or GPS)?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gutted for him! That only leaves another £165M Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, I think they've just lost their way. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like a crap way to run a business - hack off your core market and fail to deliver on your promises.

From the feedback above, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

If you want these things sorted, Distance Selling Regulations are a whole lot more stringent than SOGA - record video of the unit failing to work, take photos of it, keep copies of all your e-mails. Return the unit by recorded delivery, and then ask for your money back under DSR and they don't have much choice - small claims court should sort things out very quickly if you have any crap from them.

Based on the above, I wouldn't be surprised if the company wasn't in significant difficulty, has all the hallmarks of a company getting ready to go under. Nicola, thanks for posting on here, but I'd make sure you've done your research on your employer to ensure job security for the longer term (as I would to anybody) as I've seen similar warning signs with a number of small businesses that have ended in tears.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the company wasn't in significant difficulty

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it were in significant difficulty. Indeed, I would be surprised if it wasn't in significant difficulty.

geepee Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller wrote:
I notice in todays Sunday Times money section Theo Paphitis when asked what his worst ever financial investment ever was, says it was investing in Satski through Dragons Den. He says he lost £150k.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1261233/Dragons-fingers-burned-He-wooed-TV-millionaires-ski-satnav-inventors-firm-string-debts.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Surely it can't be a worse investment than Millwall F.C.?!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy