Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

just wanted to know whats the conditions like on The Grand Massif at the moment?

Thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
billo89, got back last night from a long weekend. Fortunately by the time we arrived friday the rain had turned to snow and it snowed heavily for several hours Little Angel It was quiet saturday and conditions following the fresh snow were excellent, although the links were closed due to high winds. I don't do off piste but the pistes in Morillon/Les Carroz were in great condition. Sunday was busier with blue skies bringing the locals out, but nothing like new year's crowds. Not all the pistes in Les Carroz were open although I'm not sure why coz they looked in fab condition - perhaps they're saving them for something???? On monday there was a problem with the gondola in Les Carroz and it wasn't working but as we access the area in Morillon it didn't matter to us. Although not perfect blue skies, yesterdays skiing was my favorite, pistes nicely bashed and very quiet, no lift queues - 2 coffee/vin chaud stops and a late lunch - couldn't be better. Can't wait to go back in 2 1/2 weeks although, being half term, it will be rather busier Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Billo, last skid on Sunday and as skimum, it was busy........ clients said yesterday that the pistes were in an awesome shape and great condition but that the off piste had been hit heavily on Sunday by the Genevois!!

We're currently sitting on/just above the cloud line and the temperature is +0.1c.......................... the forecast is for more snow tonight and then clear but cold through to next Monday which will be good for the pistes.

WHen are you coming adn where areyou staying?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We skied up to 1pm yesterday before flying home Crying or Very sad , the pistes were in fantastic condition.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marcellus I am arriving on Saturday 14th March so not long now, Im still trying to find reasonable transfer prices, do you know anywhere? Therte is a group of 5 and from Geneva.

Thanks Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can confirm it is awesome. Slopes are pretty empty and will be until French school holidays start on 07/02 until 07/03. Best weather forecast for the area can be found on http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en. Private transfer for 5 rtn for £292 see http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/les-carroz.htm but there may be booking fee if you haven't booked accommodation via Peak Retreats.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
billo89 wrote:
marcellus I am arriving on Saturday 14th March so not long now, Im still trying to find reasonable transfer prices, do you know anywhere? Therte is a group of 5 and from Geneva.

Thanks Very Happy

I have booked transfers for 12 return for ~€650 with a company called Geneva Airport Transfers for transfers the week before you to Samoens - the communication from them has been brilliant including recommendations for a local patisserie and snow reports! If there transfer service is anything like their customer service, they should be fantastic!

Sorry, in case you didn't realise, Samoens is also in the Grand Massif hence the reply!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks always29 very helpful
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions are great. Toured the whole area today and all the pistes I skied were in good nick apart from the velarge down to the bottom of Samoens, which was rocky in patches.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great thanks for that looking forward to it now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
always29 wrote:

I have booked transfers for 12 return for ~€650 with a company called Geneva Airport Transfers for transfers the week before you to Samoens - the communication from them has been brilliant including recommendations for a local patisserie and snow reports! If there transfer service is anything like their customer service, they should be fantastic!

MArian and Mick are a lovely couple who really take care of everyone they transfer....... it's why they're our preferred transfer provider!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
billo89, Take marcellus, advice on the transfer. we used them for New Year and the whole thing was painless
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good to hear about the snow-am coming out tomorrow! Ten days of skiing... Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy