Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport from Val Thorens to Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello- we are going to Val Thorens in a couple of weeks and want to meet up with Family staying in Meribel. We are planning to ski over during the day but dont know if there is transport between the two in the evening. Does anyone know if there is a bus? If so is it expensive, how long does it take and how often does it go? Any feedack or any other ideas would be much appreciated. Many thanks Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really think it is unlikely that there is a regular public transport service in the evening between the two resorts. To be absolutely sure you could email the relevant tourist offices for confirmation. I think that you will find that the only method is going to be a taxi, which are usually pretty expensive. Anybody else offer advice?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Although it is a short ski it's an awful long drive. As far as I know to get from Meribel to Val Thorens in the winter you need to go via Moutier, down one valley and then back up the next, so it is about 30 mile drive. I've only been to VT once - some of the regulars to Val Thorens could give you a more definitive answer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Merinet.com may be of help, it has all the bus, taxi and transfer service contacts. There's a link to a British company in there Three Vallees Transfers http://www.3vt.co.uk who mostly do airport transfers to Meribel but also run a minibus link back from VT to Meribel for Meribel-ers who want to ski at VT for the day. I've not used them and I don't know if they'd do a special for you the other way but they may be able to give you some idea of likely price and who could do it cheapest if they can't.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a long way by road. The 3 Valees lift does it during the day, but you have to go right back down to the Moutiers/ Brides valley by road. I've use Jonboy at 3vt and they are excellent, but I don't think he'd be keen to do that journey of an evening. I don't think this idea is viable. Meet during the day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson,

It a pretty fast drive in the dark for a 30 minutes. Moutier to Val Thoren alone is 17 miles (the first chairlift station inside Val Thoren) when I did it in my early Jan trip this year. In the past I would park and ski from St Martin and that is about 10 miles from Moutier. I didn't time Meribel this year but my guess is it is close to 10 miles from Moutier too. Thus the driving distance could be around 27 miles and requires an average speed of around 60mph to cover it in 30 minutes. I can't achieve this average speed even in the day time if you give me a fast motorbike and the road is bone dry. It has to be a rally driver's job.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 16-01-05 13:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
saikee, agree - it's about a 40/45 minute drive from Moûtiers to Val Thorens - although Moûtiers Méribel is much quicker, about 15 minutes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saikee, I think we're at cross purposes here - I said it was a 30 mile drive...and I was worrying you'd claimed to have done the journey at 60mph Shocked

www.multimap.com got a bit over-excited and seemed to take me over the ridge from Meribel-Val Thorens - is there a road route over the summer?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry Jay but I'd forget it if I were you: the 3Valleys is huge. Unless you are Alain Baxter it will take you long enough just to ski from Val Thorens to Meribel-Mottaret, and even longer if they are in Meribel "proper" down the valley. No direct bus links that I am aware of; a cab will cost you a fortune and take ages....

If you can't live without seeing them arrange to meet for lunch in Mottaret or Les Menuires. There is a nice little restaurant in Mottaret called ZigZag, which doesn't get too busy at lunchtimes and is reasonably priced by 3V standards. It is near the foot of the "Ramees" chairlift.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Sorry Jay but I'd forget it if I were you: the 3Valleys is huge. Unless you are Alain Baxter it will take you long enough just to ski from Val Thorens to Meribel-Mottaret, and even longer if they are in Meribel "proper" down the valley. No direct bus links that I am aware of; a cab will cost you a fortune and take ages....

Mottaret's bang in the middle of the ski area, it's really not all that far over from Val Thorens.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG wrote:
Quote:

Mottaret's bang in the middle of the ski area, it's really not all that far over from Val Thorens.
.........which is why I suggested it as a meeting place for lunch. Mottaret and Les Menuires are about halfway between Meribel and Val T, depending on which route you take. Assuming Jay actually wants to spend some time with his friends, have a leisurely lunch, maybe ski a bit, and not have to race back like a maniac for the last lift, meeting halfway would seem the best idea, n'est pas?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D'ac.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy