Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Minibus hire, Turin Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Trying to track down a company doing minibus hire (12 or 15 seater) for the week. Can find a few of those 9-seater vitos, but no 12 or 15-seaters.

anyone got any suggestions/info please?

Ta.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Turin is where they filmed The Italian Job, so I'd do it in 3 minis: red, white and blue.

Forget the minibus.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, you wag. snowHead

We'd struggle to get the skis in the minis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hopeless and pathetic bump in the hope that an expert on vehicle rental in Italy just happens to be reading... wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Italian Job also involved a full-sized coach, custom-converted to swallow the Minis (and probably unlimited ski equipment)

I'll try and find out where it is (actually I won't).

It would seem pathetic if the major rental companies can't track down a minibus for you, unless there's a law in Italy which demands a special licence to drive one - which would depress demand.

Are you skiing a long way from Turin? We got a taxi to the Monterosa ski area (about 1.5 hours away) and it wasn't costly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sorry I can't be of any help. Our family have hired cars from Turin Airport about 6 times, but only ever for 4 people.

Give the hire car companies a ring. See what they can do.

Alternatively hire 2 vechiles that carry between 6-8 people.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carled, I had a similar problem trying to find a 10+ seater in France last year. Perhaps it's a license/insurance issue?

As a suggestion, perhpas you could PM a few of the local snowHeads? chris or snowangel both live in Serre Chevalier so may be aware of Turin orientated hire businesses. Another alternative (a bit of a fag) could be to try Hannibals. The holiday company owner's daughter (Karin Lucas) runs a chalet in Serre Chevalier. A request for help may elicit some info on where best to try.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 24-01-09 15:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carled, www.serrechevaliertransfers.com might be able to arrange you a transfer, but it wouldn't solve your problem of needing transport in resort. Christopher may be right about need ing to hire 2 vehicles.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh we are doing two vehicles! There are at least 10 of us, so the idea is one of those vito 9-seaters and a normal estate car. Struggling to find the vito 9-seaters at reasonable prices though. We're staying in a chalet that's 5km outside of briancon, so we have to have our own transport. plus we're going to head for Montgenevre, Puy St. Vincent and *maybe* Deux Alpes one on some of the days. We may even end up in 3 estate cars, I suppose...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Economy car hire is the place. They are brokers who deal with the locals. Direct on the auto-europa site the minibus would have been £750, with economy I got it AND an estate car for a combined total of £693, including zero excess and complete and utter cover on everything including cancellation insurance. That did include a 10% discount with a voucher I found online! (valid until end of March if anyone else is planning on car hire!)

Can throughly recommend booking process with economy. If the actual process goes as smoothly I'll be a happy man indeed!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carled, do you have a link?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Indeedy. http://www.economycarhire.com/ and the voucher code is "6T8WRU".
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carled, cheers.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy