Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speedos - Not for swimming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

This is my first post so I hope it's a good one!

I want to measure my speed while I'm skiing this year and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good device for it.

I've seen a few GPS devices, but I'm not really bothered about recording my heart rate, location, route, what I had for breakfast, what car I drive, my cousins birthday and any other rubbish they can fit in!!!

Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone else record their speed?

Thanks, Ian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about the Navman X300?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thebronsonite, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nokia N95...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks hyweljenkins, , but I can't find that or the A300 in stock anywhere. Some sites are stating that the Navman range has been discontinued.
The Garmin range doesn't seem to be very focussed towards skiers either.

Hi Michelle. Thank you for the welcome!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Randomsabreur, I've heard they're not very accurate and you need to have them open to work.
Have you used one?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Trying various gadgets out in the past the problem has been maintaining a gps signal unless he receiver is mounted on the outside of my rucksack.

At xmas time I tried a setup using
Holux gpsslim236 bluetooth sat reciever (charges off usb and lasts 15 hours) it is now about 5 years old
and nonigpsplot software (free) on a sony experia phone (it will work on a windows mobile device).

Stuffed the lot in my 11year old sons pocket, since he falls over less than me, and went skiing.

What I like about the software was keeps a stats page so you can see distance covered, top speed, total ascent/ descent and then you have the option to save/export the data in a number of formats including google earth which save you the hassle of more software to convert or using gpsvizualiser website etc.

Nonigpsplot lets you import map images to overlay our track on but i never tried it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thebronsonite, I just happen to have one I don't use/need any more...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe this: http://www.navjacket.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
scotkiwi, I'm going to look into that.

hyweljenkins, the X300 or A300?

Kruisler, that looks pretty cool, but I can't find a price anywhere.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
X300 - it's more useful for skiers because, although it has the same features as the others in the range, you can stop it recording ascent data so that it only tracks your downhill movement.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thebronsonite,

I hope you have a big wallet: €1200 (So £1100 at the current exchange rate) fro O'Neill E-Store.. Shocked

But it does seem to do everything you want..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hyweljenkins, and how are you planning to part with it?!

Kruisler, unfortunately I don't think I could justify replacing my perfectly good jacket with one worth over a grand!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy