Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resorts at New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In Cham there's nothing special going on at New Year. Every year we pay to be squeezed in to our local and then head to the main square which is usually deadly icy to watch a couple of bring-your-own fireworks being set off. So I was wondering whether this poor show was typical of ski resorts or whether we have been missing some awesome parties in the Alps...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I overheard a conversation to the tune of 'best fireworks display ever' in Zermatt last week.

I cannot verify this claim though, as I was fast asleep by 8.30pm.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tremblant was quite good when we went but all fireworks were set off by around 8ish which was strange as it wasn't actual new year at that time!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I read that Tignes has a huge slope-side party. Does anyone have first hand experience?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lot's of fighting in L2A if that floats your boat
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not so much.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only spent New Year in Obertauern and it was fab. Most of the hotels (including ours) did amazing gala dinners, and then the bars etc. were free to get in and lots of music and party atmosphere etc. plus enormous firework displays in resort and on the mountain at midnight and just general feeling of festivity and bonhomie. Really surprised there is nothing much on in Cham.

D
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, glad to hear we're not the only ones who didn't make it to midnight (we were in Obergurgl).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Austria is great for Silvester (New Year). I was in Zell am See last year and the official fireworks went on for about 15 mins followed by half an hour of bring your own. It was also a big deal in hotels in restaurants with gala dinners etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, we were in Zell am See too and stayed in a hotel around the corner from the main square the Stadt Platz ,I think it is called , so we went there just before midnight and it was fabulous absolutely ,everyone was on the street with music, fireworks and champagne and gluwein were served . I love the way they always play the Blue Danube at midnight too, it is hard to beat Austria for New Year celebrations.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
See my video of Val thorens at midnight on nye
http://uk.youtube.com/v/SlOA7UC2LDs
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Powder Monkey, Was in Tignes last year New Year. Consisted of good firework display followed by loud French Dance music and trip back to Val Claret on the bus with lots of drunk people. Apart from that it was good.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It sounds ad thought the Austrians and Swiss do it better than the French!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bad Hofgastein for New Year - our hotel did great gala dinner a real gourmet treat then we went out for the new year party and all the fireworks - not quite as mad as St Anton the year before which was anarchic but still great. Blue Danube also got played at midnight how sweet!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy