Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Les Saisies - best option?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Happy New Year all!!!

Advise please - I am looking for options to get from Geneva airport to Les Saisies at half term (Feb 14th 2009) then back to the airport on Feb 21st.

I have found the following company who are offering their services for £505 for 4 people to Les Saisies and back:
http://www.alp-line.com/en/resort-guide-les-saisies-airport-transfers.htm?tf_link=1&tf_depart_loc=1&tf_destin_loc=48

As far as renting a car, I think we come out on the Swiss side of the airport, but it would be good if someone could confirm how to determine this?
Also, I presume I'll need to get my hands dirty and fit snow chains when we are half way there. Once we arrive, I guess I'll be leaving the car in a carpark for the week.

Anyone got any better suggestions?

Regards
Sticky Bun
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Car hire would be cheaper for four of you I think, but I'd book as soon as you can because that's one of the peak weeks of the season and the rental agencies often book out all their stock of cars.

Most people will rent from the Swiss side of GVA, but you can rent from the French side if you want. The French side is usually a bit cheaper for rentals, but in my opinion it's not worth the cost saving for a couple of reasons: the drive from and return to the airport is much more straightforward if you rent from the Swiss side, and all Swiss rental cars come equipped with winter tyres which means you are far less likely to need snowchains.

Unless you arrive in an absolute blizzard you are unlikely to need chains until the final approach to your resort (especially if you have winter tyres, see above). If it has not snowed for a few days all resorts have pretty efficient snow clearing services, so you might not need to use chains at all (especially with winter tyres Wink). However, you really should carry chains because once you need them, you really do need them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Completely agree with rob@rar. You should definitely hire chains. If the forecast is bad the French police may stop all cars going up the mountain unless they have chains with them. The good news is most people never have to use them, but they could save your life!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy