Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Bourg St Maurice?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm heading out to Bourg st Maurice on the 19th of Dec and will need to park the car over the weekend (til the 22-23rd) and was wondering if anyone knows if there is free parking anywhere in town?

I've heard you've got to pay for the funicular car park this year, so does anyone know if there is anywhere else?

If not how much is it going to cost to park the car for about 5 days?

I've tried les arcs website but can't seem to find any information Puzzled

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not aware of any free parking in the town centre, apart from on Sundays. Yes the funicular car park is now chargeable - see http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0863-urban-toll-for-les-arcs/ for more detailed info, but there's a suggestion on there of 'proactive disobediance' which as we know les francais are quite good at - be interesting to see what actually happens this season. Can't imagine it' can be more than a couple of euro each day but we shall see.

Have you tried the BSM tourist info office?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sar_m, there is a free car park at Mcdonalds, its about 300 metres from the town centre.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks!

Mc Donalds sounds good, do they not get slighlty annoyed if you stay overnight? would it also be possible to park at one of the supermarkets? Then we could swap between them if one gets annoyed Razz

Is it possible just to park on a street somewhere or are there parking meters?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The car park at McDonalds is a general car park shared with a sports store and an electrical shop (IIRC) rather than being McDonalds own. I can't see that there would be a problem parking there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure if this charge thing is going to really happen, lot's of locals are very unhappy about the idea. You can always park just outside the car park. It is quite a walk from Mc Donalds car park to the funic in ski gear.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't necessarily need a car park right in the centre of town. I'm going for the season but driving down on the 19th with a friend. I've got an apartment and ski locker sorted (but no garage/parking place), so basicly just need somewhere to leave the car for a few days before my friend drives home.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with previous posts, the big car park by Sport 2000 (formerly Twinner) and McDonalds is the place to park. Shouldn't have any hassles there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy