Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This claims to be the "fastest growing UK ski site":

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
David Goldsmith wrote:
The rankings are amazing, if accurate. Winterhighland is way more informative than Cairngorm, though it's obviously good to see the UK's Matterhorn (slightly rounded, admittedly) attracting that level of interest.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons for the popularity of the Cairngorm site is the blog which has gone from strength to strength this season and has garnered a lot of regular readers, as attested to by the number of comments posted there in reply to the excellent regular blog entries from Colin (head of Cairngorm ski patrol).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
J2ski is a good site
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roga wrote:
... the [Cairngorm] blog which has gone from strength to strength this season and has garnered a lot of regular readers, as attested to by the number of comments posted there in reply to the excellent regular blog entries from Colin (head of Cairngorm ski patrol).

Unfortunately he only seems to blog every 2 weeks, because it's a good idea. As I say, Winterhighland is a much more lively place.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith wrote:
Unfortunately he only seems to blog every 2 weeks, because it's a good idea. As I say, Winterhighland is a much more lively place.

I totally agree that Winterhighland is a much more lively place but you've missed the fact that although the main blogs are a week or so apart Colin is also regularly replying (often on a daily basis) in the comments section as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga, I see what you mean:

http://blog.cairngormmountain.co.uk/?p=205#comments

But the number of replies (26) and hits on that section of the site are unlikely to explain the site's very high position on that ranking. Maybe people have a fascination with the webcams etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith wrote:
But the number of replies (26) and hits on that section of the site are unlikely to explain the site's very high position on that ranking. Maybe people have a fascination with the webcams etc.

Yes true, but remember that only a tiny proportion of those viewing the blog will actually post so the number of comments doesn't always give that good a clue as to hits. I think one of the features of the new Cairngorm is the 'sticky' content that's been added plus it's reliability over the old site and webcams which were frequently off-line. This season you can expect to go on there and view up to date webcam piccies, a reasonably frequently updated photo gallery and the blog. All of these I'd suggest are attractive features that prompt re-visits to the site. Additionally I'd suggest that the good snow this season as well as the credit crunch, with people looking for second trips outwith the Euro zone, have actually upped interest in Scottish skiing, it seems that the Cairngorm website has been a beneficiary of this, as well as their skier numbers which are well on target.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice to see Ski Scotland high up on the "most popular list" Toofy Grin

Maybe the Cairngorm site is higher up the list compared to WH because of the number of "repeat" hits it gets e.g. webcam images and "screen scrapes" for lift status, that it gets from the WH site Puzzled
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy