Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff / Lake Louise Snow Report - Video!

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle, $1.87 which is still a reasonable rate.. Banff is cheap too Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
arv, aaargh, get thee behind me, Satan! I've just looked at flights, which have gone up by £50 since I last looked. Maybe that's telling me something.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, how much did you get them for, if you don;t mind? I have been looking about for some cheap ones but Manchester is really the furthest away place from Scotland I can consider...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
arv, From London, Opodo was quoting me Calgary flights on Air Canada, for the dates I wanted, at £478 - gone up to £528.60 today.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
banfflakelouise, hey, im going to banff in january for three months with peak leaders to get instructor qualifications - any expert advice that i should know before going?! cant wait to get out there!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gdizzle, have I told you already? Mels/Hoodoos on a Thursday for dirt cheap drinks. Auroras on appropriate nights... Rose and Crown is great as a local, live music, good pool tables.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv, the more info the merrier!!! and fancy setting up your own weekly you tube snow reports for glenshee?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Cobra... see you next week at Sunshine if you make it!

How's this for a tease Hurtle... we got 15 cm's of fresh beautiful fluffy snow yesterday!! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reality_in_Banff, Oh-h-hhhh!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Reality_in_Banff wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Cobra... see you next week at Sunshine if you make it!

How's this for a tease Hurtle... we got 15 cm's of fresh beautiful fluffy snow yesterday!! snowHead

To be honest not much of a tease compared to some of the bottomless shots I've seen posted from around Europe this weekend, but keep it comin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As promised -- Reality filmed her Special Hello to Our Friends at Snowheads.com!

http://youtube.com/v/3gJBxCwccZg

Week 3 of the Real Banff Ski Report is live on YouTube featuring Christmas in the Rockies and the Banff Christmas Parade-- watch to the end for Reality's special message to all our friends at Snowheads.com! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Woohoooo! I got a 'Hello'! Toofy Grin Good work Reality_in_Banff snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Man.... Sunshine looks so nice when no-one's there

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly, on Sunday of Presidents week it still looks like that;)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arv - Reality put a special note in for you at the end of the latest video -- enjoy! Very Happy
ski holidays
arv, I don't know when presidents week is???

Mind you, looking back at my photos, there were never more than 2 folk in each shot! Very Happy
latest report
shoogly, Busy week in Feb I think.. not that you notice it in Banff of course. Hadn't looked at your photos from that properly. will have a gander now, I hope you told the guy going off the rock in Paris bowl to man up and do it properly! Straight down the fall line please haha
snow conditions
straight down the fall line was full of huge bumps... no-one was jumping into that when we were there!

good fun though.
snow report
Thanks Cathy! I'm still a bit nervous filming Shocked , but these will only get better! I'm heading to Lake Louise tomorrow... I'll come back and let you all know how it's looking! Laughing another tough day at the office!
latest report
Hey Shoogly... love the photos and videos... it's tough having to deal with wide open bowls all to yourself... but someones gotta do it wink
latest report
Reality_in_Banff,

Hey Reality, thanks for the shout out. Only just seen it because Ive been away on a business trip but I'm back now and getting the packing done for our flight on Saturday. Will try and let you know where we will be and when next week. Would be great to say hi in person. Very Happy
snow conditions
Cobra.., Ah ha caught you, you publicity seeker Laughing Seriously though, enjoy your trip, I want the full lowdown when you get back in preparation for our trip in Jan.
Regards
Mark
snow report
Just got back from Lake Louise... beautiful bluebird day... decided to pull a helicopter maneuver (I snowboard) while fiddling
with the camera and have acquired a bruise to be proud of... won't mention where Embarassed! The top of the Mountain still needs some
love from the snowgods, but there are plenty of great runs to be had and with snow forecasted for the immediate future it's
only going to get better.

Heading to Norquay Monday... it's supposed to get cold this weekend Cobra... so bring the layers!
ski holidays
Rookiemark, thanks Mark - I will have loads of info, hints and tips + footage to pass on when we get back. Catch you soon mate Very Happy

Reality_in_Banff, we will be doing a day at each resort for the first three days. No idea what order we wil be doing them in but I will look out for you at Norquay on Monday........ whoooppeeeeeee, nearly on our way!
ski holidays
Cobra.., if you're doing the Club Ski thing they normally do Norquay on the last day
ski holidays
cathy, ahha, thanks Cathy, we will be at Norquay on the Tuesday then. Which resort is usually first?
snow report
Cobra.., the first time I went they did Sunshine first, then LL, then Norquay. The next time they did LL first....... answer is, I don't know! But both times they did Norqay last as there's a little slalom race to be done and medals/photos etc Very Happy

Maybe our resident LL tourist people are able to advise?
snow conditions
I just gave the guys at Club Ski a call and Cathy was right! Sunshine, Lake Louise then Norquay. I'm not opposed to being at Norquay on Tuesday for an hour,
I mean a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, and if I HAVE to go to Norquay two days in a row then I suppose it must be done. Razz

Give me an idea of when you'll be there and I'll track Club Ski down.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reality_in_Banff,
I think Cobra's already at the airport for the flight to Calgary. Maybe he'll get online when he's there and give you a shout on here.
latest report
Who s in Banff? Snow forecast is calling for -51 overnight on Thursday, it might be inaccurate but that is bloody cold.
latest report
Blimey - that sounds a wee bit nippy! Hope Cobra's prepared Skullie
snow report
Pretty bad week to be out there.. don't think much turned yesterday, Glacier at Louise? No gondy at Sunshine, well not least until later. Gonna warm up to about 20 below then dive on Wed again.. apparently.
snow report
It is a little chilly today, I decided I'll give it a miss and get the Christmas tree instead. My wife did go off to work today but it is 8:30am and the gondola is not running yet, it is quite possible that they won't open.
snow conditions
are there many days it doesnt open cos its too cold?
latest report
First time I've heard of it, but then I have only been living here for 18 months and before that in the 12 years I vacationed at Lake Louise I only had one day cancelled through cold (-65C with wind chill). My wife has not returned from work yet, but Sunshine is certainly closed. Unofficially I heard that with wind chill they hit -80C up Angel. If that is true, then that is well within the zone where people start dying so it is fairly understandable that they close. This week we are forecast to stay very cold, around -30C and the 8 hour intervals with wind chill are a little interesting:

WChill °C -43 -41 -43 -41 -51 -41 -48 -34 -38 -35 -38 -44 -45 -40 -57 -51 -45 -52
latest report
banfflakelouise, thanks for your thread and the links. I spent 3 weeks at the Banff Springs Hotel on Honeymoon (few years ago now) in April and had some of the most amazing skiing ever, not to mention the best hospitality in the hotel , Banff town and the resorts. The videos make me want to book a second honeymoon (same hubbie of course wink ) in fact might just start looking for deals now Laughing
snow report
solarfish wrote:
First time I've heard of it, but then I have only been living here for 18 months and before that in the 12 years I vacationed at Lake Louise I only had one day cancelled through cold (-65C with wind chill). My wife has not returned from work yet, but Sunshine is certainly closed. Unofficially I heard that with wind chill they hit -80C up Angel. If that is true, then that is well within the zone where people start dying so it is fairly understandable that they close. This week we are forecast to stay very cold, around -30C and the 8 hour intervals with wind chill are a little interesting:

WChill °C -43 -41 -43 -41 -51 -41 -48 -34 -38 -35 -38 -44 -45 -40 -57 -51 -45 -52

is this the coldest time of year? (please say yes!)

it warms up between january and march, doesnt it?!
ski holidays
gdizzle, January is generally pretty cold, probably the coldest month I guess. It is not usually THIS cold in December. It is the Rockies though so no weather should be much of a surprise. Apparently it was -43 Celcius in Banff town this morning, brrrrrrrrr
snow report
yeah and the temperature went from 5 to -23 in calgary in one afternoon! MENTAL
snow conditions
gdizzle, take your woolies.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy