Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chillfactore: Race training

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is anyone on here involved with the race training at chillfactore? There aren't really any opportunities abroad to learn to run gates for us brits so I'm thinking of giving it a try. However comments like the following are not encouraging:

BG wrote:
I’m not usually one for posting on here…..but my friendly advice would be don't come early on Sunday morning, particularly if you fancy a quiet run...... we have 3 race clubs sharing the slope on Sunday morning at the moment, slalom gates everywhere........basically it's pretty much carnage until 10:30 / 11ish!

I don't want to spend the cash and be stuck waiting at lifts all the time. Since it starts at 8 on sunday mornings, does the first 1.5hrs run before it opens to everyone else?

What are peoples' experiences?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Narc - very sorry for not being encouraging - that wasn't my intention! Things were never "bad" ......1 combined club now - some of the best coaching in the UK- good vibe!
Training is now 7am -9am on Sun - that's before the public start so no crowds, you have the best of the snow conditions all 2 urself.....usually set two courses so no ques!. Tue sessions are 6-8pm, similar

u've posted a couple of times about CFe race training - why not come and try it - u never know u might like it. Some of the best young skiers in the country train at CFe.....and we even have a few old gits ....! Yes u can learn to ski gates in the uk.....like most things in skiing practice makes perfect....u'll soon pick it up - just be warned - it's very addictive!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Once you have trained a bit you can race in the UK as well, there's quite a bit of indoor racing now as well as plastic. Seniors are aged 19-29, masters are 30+, there are age categories for both at most races, and it's not unknown for the masters age group to have the most entries of any age group.

there are a few British run race camps abroad for masters, Western Counties run one in March and there's often a masters race camp in October.

As BG says it's addictive, but I'm hanging up my leg guards now having raced a few seasons and I'm coaching the minis (U11s), but it was great, it really improved my overall skiing.

Look at www.britski.org for more about UK racing. This is mainly plastic but does have some indoor opportunities. It has details of how to register as a racer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy