Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3V Snow 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sarah, today the pistes were so quiet in all of Meribel and Courchevel, some of them almost deserted, very strange feeling. The season was due to end today but has been extended for a further week. Conditions above about 2300 still OK, anthing lower very wet, sticky, heavy.

Maybe not next year for Indiens but definitely the next time we are in 3V.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still some great powder to be had out back if you're happy to walk...:

More pics & info on http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, courchevel was always planning to stay open another week I thought? La Tania shuts today. Pretty annoyed with the lift company though, took some beginners over to 1650 yesterday and on arriving back in 1850 the only way back to La Tania was the Loze drag, Coqs, Plantry and Chanus were all shut!

Luckily we all made it, even my 6 year old who was lifted off the ground on the steep section of the drag!!

Looks pretty cloudy out there now, and was raining hard last night in La Tania...

t-30mins until the bus leaves for Geneva!

regards,

Greg

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 21-04-09 12:45; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, my two girls (8 and 5) had a great time at the archery as well and my youngest with the face painting. Feb seems such a long time ago now!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kitenski - we had the same problem getting back from 1650 on saturday, with a choice of 4 lifts why did they only leave the drag ;lift open? We had some pretty tired kids with us, I spoke to a guy at the Chenus lift and he got the ok to let us go up in a pod on Chenus, a girl in another party had tried 3 times to get up the drag so came along with us. Given the cost of lift passes I wasn't impressed with the lift company and got the felling that the people operating the lifts were pretty embarrassed about the situation.
Overall though really enjoyed La Tania although the downside of sunny weather was the Folyeres run back down getting pretty unpleasant by end of week. My only complaint would be the level of noise at night, for a 'family resort' things seemed to get very rowdy particularly around the Ski Lodge Pub whose owners might want to think about that if they want families to enjoy the resort as well as 20 something Saissonaires (or maybe I'm just getting old!)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
philipb, La Tania was much quieter round the pub when we were there in Feb. Maybe it was noisey because of the charity night?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chrisb, to be honest Charity Day evening was the quietest as most of the participants seemed to have passed out by 7pm! I think it was a noisy week as it was the last week of the season so there was an end of term feel with lots of partying going on. It's not put us off going back though, last year we stayed in 1850 and found La Tania far more pleasant.
Have to commend the Britannia apartments, ours was really nice and good value. My sister and family stayed in a large apartment in the Christiana block and it was really grotty.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still very deep powder on Cime Caron Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's all over for another winter (or is it?)...

Stormy today, so a 3 V trip was curtailed at top of Roc de Tougne & we headed back through varying degrees of hard corduroy & vaguely pleasant slush to Courchevel where we managed to get invited to the Saulire Pisteurs end of season BBQ... much better than the skiing...

Anna, Julien & Ginny at the Pisteurs hut:

Snow forecast for the next few days, so possibly a skinning mission might be on the cards for first tracks down the Saulire...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy