Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flow bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Iv just bought a K2 darkstar and am am trying to decide whether to get the Flow Amp 9 F/S, the pro 11 F/R or Pro S F/R bindings? any ideas?
Cheers
Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
safeladz, I've just bought a pair of 04\05 Flow Pro-C XFR from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Scooby-Watersports they also carry the FS for 110Quid. You choice depends on your preffered riding. Me, I'm all over the hill and I need stiffness for high speed control, hence the 'FreeRides'. Put me in a park and all I test is the medivac response time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't get flow bindings at all, a few of my friends spent lots of money on them last season, and they all regretted it. they provide very poor control, and, unless you are using flow boots, have a tendency to destroy your boots. The reason a lot of the hire shops use them is cos they are a piece of wee wee to get into and out of if you are a complete novice. My advice would be not to waste your money.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jarvinho, I completely disagree. Flows are like Marmite, you either love 'em or you hate 'em - but there is nothing inherently wrong with the design.

You do have to think about boot compatibility but the majority of boots will work fine. None of my boots have been damaged by Flow bindings. As for control, I think that they encourage proper technique of moving the board with your balance rather than by pulling against the bindings. I have just as much control with Flows as with any other binding, in fact I have more control at the end of a hard day because my feet are still comfortable and I don't have to ease off the gas.

I have used all sorts of bindings and settled on Flows a few years ago. I use the FL-11's which have now been replaced by the Pro 11 F/R.

In response to the original question, safeladz has listed a mixture of freestyle and freeride bindings. If you just do normal riding, the FR would be better. My other comment is that, unless you like riding aggressively (and smoothly) the whole time, a binding that is very stiff can be uncomfortable and can prevent a smooth riding style.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the responses guys, have ordered some some Pro SFR's so will let u know how they go. will get some others if I dislike them. + I love marmite so sud be fine.
happy cruzing
safeladz
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
safeladz, having looked at the bindings in S&R and Ellis Brigham wesites, I reckon they would be the ones that i would go for if i wanted to replace my FL-11s.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definately give flows a go Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , i did after trying various types and for me they work the best..........don't understand any comments on other sites about lack of response and all the other rubbish associated with flows rolling eyes

One thing i have noticed and i can't work out why is that the right and side of my right boot has been dug into and little bits have been torn off by the binding Confused but not to such an extent that it affects the boot or the binding so i'm not worried.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy