Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kopaonik, Serbia????

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, just back from Kop 2 days ago and can honestly say that girlfriend and i REALLY enjoyed it. the slopes were fantastic, excellent for beginners and the resort is great!

The weather was VERY cold when we were away - one of guys in our hotel (putnik) got frostbite and had to have tip of finger cut off Sad i think he said it was sitting at something like -37 at top!! the last 3 days the sun came out and it was absolutely fantastic!!!

We stayed in Hotel Putnik, which they say is a 2*, but if you looking for something more than a bed-go elsewhere. it is a good walk from the resort (about 20mins), but can order taxi from reception which will cost you £3. the shuttle bus was fine in the morning to get u there, but coming back - well....we walked back most nights.

The Food in the Putnik was VERY dissappointing. everything was cold, tastless and to be honest not very good Embarassed They had cornflakes out in the morning...but think that it was the same bowl of flakes they started the season with! - just pile on the sugar and you'll be fine! - that what i did!!

If staying at putnik and worried about food - dont! there are plenty of places to eat in Konaci (resort centre), we tended to have flakes in morning from hotel, or Crepes (from place in Konaci) and then into hotel grand to have a good lunch! then picked at things in hotel later on. - one day they had fish and chips!! Very Happy

I would definately go back to Kop -no question, everything cheap, snow great, slopes fantastic. but i would take a kettle and some Tea bags and milk!

I have previously been to Andorra, but if got choice would rather go back to Kop, slopes far more enjoyable and nicer to look at - Scenery=WOW! - possibly stay in different hotel tho!- but for the price it wasnt all bad! (check towels to ensure they are clean- couple times we had to change them)

I am sure that in a few years Kop will be the first choice for many brits as it has so much to offer! Will be back next year!!! if not before NehNeh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glad you had fun AberdeenCouple, I enjoyed KOP so much..Just booked to go again with the wife..some great deals available just couldn't resist.

Regards Shane.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

I am thinking of taking up one of the amazing deals to the Kop on offer at the moment in early March, but having not been before i have a few questions.
Does any know if Ski & Boot hire is available and at what cost?
Also are the skiing conditions in March good?
And does anyone know how it compares to Borovets in Bulgaria?

Cheers for any help.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes theres lots of places for ski and boot hire. some packages have had it included, its been a while since i rented anything, but theres a lot of places doing it so you are sure to get some variety and benefit from the competition (it'll be fairly cheap).

yes snow should be fine in march, im hearing its going to be a long winter.

as for borovets, well ive not been there, but ive heard its not the place to go. if you want to ski in bulgaria then bansko is the place to be - less touristy, better slopes and generally a nicer place. most of my serbian friends ski in bulgaria because its cheaper than kop - but then the average monthly salary here is still only 250 euros. kop is very cheap for british people, and well worth it.

hope this helps!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm heading out early march and reeeeeallly excited!! Just wondering whether anyone knows if there are good shops there that I can buy some new equipment? I'm after some new poles, but if the prices are good, could treat myself to some new skis as well... rolling eyes

How do the prices compare to the UK/rest of Europe? Cheers guys
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
very cheap, shop around a bit though, theres a fairly large selection of shops, but its considerably cheaper than in the UK.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hmm I wouldn't agree about ski gear being cheap in Kop. I never saw any bargains althought the jackets etc were good quality (Descente). I think you will find somewhere like Andorra much cheaper. I'm happy to be proved wrong so if you spot any bargains shout before my next trip on 26th Feb. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as for gear to buy there i didnt think it was super cheap an you might not find the exact thing you were looking for as i didnt see many of thoes branded expensive items you may want bt the little things looked ok
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coool, cheers you guys. Also, does anyone know how much private lessons are? My other half hasn't skied before and I've heard private is the way to go in Serbia rather than the big group lessons where instructors' English apparently isn't so hot...

By the way, I'm a student that's why I keep asking budget-related questions, I'm not just being a miser!?!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
csh, I think I paid 26eur / hr for 2 people in Jan. Think it might have been 21eur for 1 person.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back from Kop. Had good time. Few things I would recommend and a few things to warn yous about. Would recommend a visit one night to the little restaurant come bar a little way up the bottom button where there is night ski-ing. Great serbian feel lovely fire and live music!!! Hot chocolate fun and the hot red wine knocked me for six! Pizzas good most places. New restaurant between 2 4man chairs in resort worth a visit looks very posh but not too expensive and they do nice hot rolls!!! Stayed in Hotel Club A. Accomodation not bad for the price although the place does need a lick of paint! Restaurant great, my memory of the Head Waiter will stay with me for the rest of my life! He was just great. Helpfull, kept the rest of the staff on their toes and was always there just when you needed him!!! amazing! Little Angel Breakfast not so great but dinners were lovely although the Serbs like their salt!!!! Best place to buy beer we found was a discount store on road a little way down the hill from the Hotel Club A. 90Dinar for a big bottle! Cigs very cheap too.
Warnings- not impressed with Crystal and Thompson. Organised apres ski very weak. Think the reps were just doing their job, not really into it! If you go with crystal don't pay the deposit for the lift passes in Euros because they will try and give you Dinar back at the end. OK if you have time to spend it and ok if you don't mind not getting the full amount back!! Funny deposit!!!! Can get very cold,windy and cloudy so make sure you have plenty of head gear. Great ski-ing for beginners, blacks wouldn't be blacks in France! Reds would be blue!
Think thats about it Smile Oh if you have kids make sure you visit the igloo in the centre of the town square- amazing! It can fit 4 adults in!!!! Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yvy, do the lifts still close at 16:00 ? wondered if later now the evenings are drawing out a bit. Cheers Shane.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shane,Most lifts now close at 4.15 with one or two of the 4 mans running until 4.30.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yvy wrote:
Shane,Most lifts now close at 4.15 with one or two of the 4 mans running until 4.30.

All lifts close at 4.30. Only Gvozdac, Duboka II and Bela Reka close at 4.00 and 4.15.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good news. Thks Stevs & Yvy..now we can get another 30 mins /per day.

Stevs, whats the new lift called ? and has it replaced the 2 man that goes to the same place (the top by the radio masts etc).

Cheers Shane.
ski holidays
shane45 wrote:
Good news. Thks Stevs & Yvy..now we can get another 30 mins /per day.

Stevs, whats the new lift called ? and has it replaced the 2 man that goes to the same place (the top by the radio masts etc).

Cheers Shane.

Karaman Greben was 2 men chair lift
Mali Karaman was ski lift
Pančićev Vrh was one men chair lift

All that tracks have now new four chair lifts. Next year on slope called Duboka I will be build also new four chair lift.

PS: Every year from 1st February we have another 30 minutes per day:)

Follow this link and You will se all new chairlifts:

http://www.ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik/Kopaonik%20Zimi%2028.Jan%20-%2011.Feb%202006/index.html
snow conditions
Stevs, Would it be possible to let me know where the restaurant in you photo img1202.JPG, is and what it is called as it looks very nice! Loving the Photos as a whole, i can not wait to get out there on the 5th March, Cheers Craig
snow report
Kopaonik on the BBC Holiday program from 6th february this year.

http://rapidshare.de/files/14104409/BBC_Holiday-2006-060206_Kopaonik.avi.html

If you've never used Rapidshare scroll down and click FREE then wait for the countdown to finish.

Codec: Xvid
Resolution: 704 x 284
Length: 6 minutes
Size: 51mb
snow conditions
hey its lotty i was jst wndarin if ne one called dan stayed at the hotel club A betweeen the 19th and 26th of feb 2006 cos i wish i gtg u addy now so if u get this can u email bal plz
xxxx lottiehb62@hotmail.com xxxx
and tell me ware u live so i no its u lol Puzzled
latest report
Puzzled I'm far too old for text speak!

(Seriously..... how hard is it for someone just to type the whole words and sentances!?)
snow conditions
I've just returned from Kopoanik 5th March 2006. The weather is very changeable at the moment - freezing fog that stays all day with no vis and the next day bright sunshine. We got 2 days of ok weather, the other 4 days was limited viz that cleared spasmodically from one minute to the next but never really went. Its VERY windy at the top of panchez (I haven't spelt that right) the new 4 man chair and the skiing up there is good. The snow conditions are thin but that's due to most of the runs by the resort being over used i.e. chair 7. Go over to run 8, 14, 20, 6, 3, 1 (if u can stand the wind). 6 is a black /red, 4 is red/blue. The grading of the runs should all be much lower. The cost of private lessons are 21 Euros per hour. I hada private 2 hr lesson with a fantastic instructor that apoke very good English. I'll post his number later today. We were doing short racing/carving turns but he also does the range from beginner up. The main ski school is in the bottom of the Grand Hotel, head guy is named Damar. The ladies man the booth in the corridor from 8.30ish to midday ish.
I've got lots more to say or am happy to answer as we did a lot whilst there if anyone has any other ques.
ski holidays
snowtiger, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .
ski holidays
Craig wrote:
Stevs, Would it be possible to let me know where the restaurant in you photo img1202.JPG, is and what it is called as it looks very nice! Loving the Photos as a whole, i can not wait to get out there on the 5th March, Cheers Craig

Too late for Craig, but that restaurant is next to the new 4 man lift opposite the Grand Ski shop (gala sport). Very posh restaurant, had any excellent lunch.

Shane.
ski holidays
csh wrote:
I'm heading out early march and reeeeeallly excited!! Just wondering whether anyone knows if there are good shops there that I can buy some new equipment? I'm after some new poles, but if the prices are good, could treat myself to some new skis as well... rolling eyes

How do the prices compare to the UK/rest of Europe? Cheers guys

You can get some fantastic ski clothing bargains. We picked up a Spyder jacket for £40 and it was the real thing not a fake. There are quite a few little shops that sell clothes and some skis and boots - they sell items a few seasons out of date hence the cheap prices. Very limited on boots and we couldn't see anywhere that would fit them for you properly - so beware! Buy boots where they can mould the liners for you properly and do custom inserts if you're not a complete beginner. This is one area not worth compromising on. Skis were around £100 BUT you need to decide what you want and a range of possible skis before you go as you won't find the recent seaons brands.

Hope this helps & isn't too late for you.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 7-03-06 0:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Alastair wrote:
snowtiger, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .

Thanks. Can't wait to be off again! Though not to Kopoanik.......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy