Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO D G Orf [caution wengen content]

Poster: A snowHead
Wengernalp station hotel for hot chocolate on your way back to Wengen. It's CHF7 - but you get a jug, and it's the best around. If you time it right, it's a great place to watch the sun go down, and then have clear pistes for the run back into town.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DG, you missed out the TiPi!!!!! Lets face it's a must do, just for the experience, especially when it's windy and the Ice fall off the inside. The volume of the music, could be a turn off, but you can't do a Ski trip to Wengen without having experienced it once!!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark v1.0, yes ok but only once !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The TiPi bar web site http://www.tipirama.ch is interesting, it's got direction on how to get there from Bern Puzzled I can only ask why Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^ obvious mate. Working in the EDS office in Bern (there is one). Lunchtime, instead of sausage egg 'n chips, someone says "let's go to the Tipi". Handy to have directions eh? Very Happy Back in an hour!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike, 0nly if you have access to a helicopter, Bern to Interlaken is at least 40 mins by car each way, an hour by train ! but you could just manage it by helicopter I think Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, Why go back to work, there's Skiing to do. Just as well I don't work in the Bern office, I'd never be there, does the TiPi have a WIFI hot spot? If it did I could work from there. We at EDS believe in flexible working hours (i.e. a day has 24hours, what do you mean you need to sleep), it's an america company after all.

D G Orf, The helicopter defeats the point of the directions. All you would need is a piste map to get from Mannlichen to the TiPi
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, there's a heli-port facility in Wengen? Wengen really does have everything! Does it have hangar facilities? Can you confirm the whereabouts/contact details for it as I'm at a bit of a loose end this weekend and given the copious amounts of white stuff was thinking of popping over for a bit of a ski. Anyone know anybody with a helicopter? A large one would be good as I think there are around 1661 snowhead subscribers who may wish to come along.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AdrianV, Heliport in Lauterbrunnen, landing spots at various spots arround the mountain including Kline Schidegg, Mannlichen and Wengen, if money really is no object they will pick you up from Geneva, Bern or Zurich airports
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mate Costas has an aeroplane, I think it's called a Pitts Special. Maybe we could go in that Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
telford_mike, A Pitts Special is a single seater! Fancy a bit of Roof Rack surfing. Tell him to go and buy a decent twin engined job, big enough to carry us and our Skis.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I flew a DeHavilland Comet from Interlaken to Wengen last year......on flight simulator, not that this really helps bring next Saturday any closer, but it helps pass the time... snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David do i buy the train transfer ticket from the link you provided? as i have looked at the sbb website [is it the same] and to get a transfer train ticket it asks for passport numbers and then takes you to a page which charges 160 francs for a return ticket!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
try here andy:
http://uk.myswitzerland.com/en/navpage.cfm?category=Railway&subcat=Rail_Products
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyarmitage, use the one I provided for the Swiss Travel System, choose Swiss Transfer Ticket, Enter no of adults and kids, choose First class for £88 or Second for £57 and enter the departure date, the only extras you will pay are a one off transaction fee of £2.50 and if you want special delivery
ski holidays
Thanks David and Mike for that
snow report
Forgot to ask david do we need a photo for the lift pass?
latest report
This lift pass is being supplied by the hotel.
snow report
andyarmitage, You don't need a photo. It's all hands free passes.
snow conditions
thanks mark i hoped this was the case can't be doing with all that faffing
ski holidays
Lift passes for 14 days or less require no photo, those over 14 days require a picture, however you do not need to take one with you, they can either take a pic of you in the station or scan an existing pic e.g your passport as they print your picture onto the card with a modified inkjet printer
snow report
D G Orf, so basically the answer was no you don't need to take a photo for a pass of any length.

4.5 working days, 4 nights, one flight and one transfer to go, not that I'm counting.
snow report
Very Happy
snow report
4 nights and one overnight train journey to go, looking foward to breakfast at the Alpenrose Sunday morning snowHead
snow report
I arrive tomorrow night 18.59 . Looks like I shall have to be well wrapped up as the temps forcast for the village are -10C.
latest report
riverman, well at least you should arrive in time for dinner, don't forget Sundays meeting in the Silberhorn Bar at 17.30
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy