Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike, I'm not there again this year, what do you expect, it's a well known coincidence that snow is frequently good and temps cool when I am in Wengen Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
telford_mike,

http://www.meteocentrale.ch/en/europe/switzerland/weather-wengen/details/N-3517887
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, I'm glad we're on a new page - saves me having to look at all that lovely snow on Chris's photos. Not to worry, plenty of time for more snow before the end of the season snowHead Chris Brookes, I prefer your forecast - a bit cooler than mine, and maybe some snow at the end of next week Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was bored at the weekend so created this on my wife and then put it on facebook....not a happy bunny !

http://youtube.com/v/q9qNt1uU140

lovely pic...me thinks !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got back last night. A fantastic time, but it is soooo warm out there! Runs very slushy low down by the afternoon. Some runs beginning to close because of bare patches Sad

Still some good snow to be found higher up and some good skiing can be had by all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Glad to hear you've left me a little snow Ray, am currently on the train somewhere between Geneva & Lausanne,bound for Wengen. It certainly is warm!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, ooh, enjoy, I was sorry to have to leave!! Snow-forecast has cooler temps and a dusting of snow through the week. Hope it is wrong and you have a good man-sized dump!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike, Yes it was also quite warm on the train from Zurich this afternoon. Look forward to seeing you sometime this week in Rocks/Sunstar/DHO/somewhere.Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike, Alastair Pink, have a great time and look forward to some pictures telford_mike
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink, Do hope it snows for you - just back from heliskiing in Canada with brilliant light dry powder! We must meet up again in Wengen soon. Have a great week whatever.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes, the 'pole plants' alone are worth the post! Brilliant!
Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, Yeah I'll be in all the usual haunts for the next month or so. Look forward to seeing you.

Gloomy gloomy gloomy today, not much open at the top, fohn blowing hard.

Still no problem skiing back to the village, although there were just as many people on the downward train as the piste.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As telford mike indicated above, because of the high winds the Mannlichen cable car was closed today and the train from Wengen only went as far as Wengeneralp! I checked with the tourist office(in their new building near to the Mannlichen cable car) at 9am what the conditions were like in Murren and they told me that more lifts were running over there (though the Birg and Schilthorn cable cars were closed), so I went over there and had an enjoyable time showing some Irish first time visitors to the area around.Smile
Last night went up to the Falken as it was resident jazz pianist Al Copley's last night there - he was on top form and really went out in style!Smile (achilles will know what I'm talking about).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beautiful spring day today. Pistes firm early on, but soon softened up. The snow is good everywhere, even right down to Grindelwald and Mary's at Wengen. Temp +18C on our balcony at the moment Very Happy

Moguls off piste.

My mate Ozzie admiring the new chalets alongside the home run in Wengen.

The Sunstar has run out of Erdinger Shocked but Angie at Rocks says she's got loads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Nice day at Murren today. Weather changing fast - windy at Scheidegg this afternoon. Most stuff closed - no trains either.
snow report
Yum yum, Sonnenberg don't half make some lovely homemade cakes
latest report
Slight amount of new snow falling at Mannlichen this morning.
snow report
You guys are in luck, heavy snowfall warning issued from Thursday mid morning onwards for Murren

http://www.meteocentrale.ch/en/europe/switzerland/weather-muerren/details/N-3515820/#2011-03-17
ski holidays
I'm not so convinced I think rain in the immediate future with temps slowly dropping and some snow at the weekend maybe
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, telford_mike,have you looked outside yet as its snowing in Murren. Smile
ski holidays
Rained all day here in Wengen, snow above about 1700 metres. It's heavy, gloopy stuff though; even at 2000 metres it isn't really cold enough. Poor visibility needless to say, very few skiers about. I reckon there's been about 30cm of new snow at altitude.

On the other hand, it's nice to see some fresh snow on the trees, and after a good freeze all this new stuff will make a big difference. Temp is +4C in Wengen at the moment, so with a bit of luck the rain might turn to snow overnight.
snow report
Currently its not sticking to the Murren roads !

ski holidays
Cracking day today. Got the train up to Scheidegg and stayed high. A foot of new snow, and sunshine. Quite busy, not sure whether there was a public holiday or perhaps lots of people just threw a sickie!

snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Cracking day today. Got the train up to Scheidegg and stayed high. A foot of new snow, and sunshine.

+1

Best skiing day of the week! Very Happy

Off back home this morning Sad , but a very enjoyable stay in spite of the poorer conditions earlier in the week.

Currently snowing in Wengen as I post from Rocks Bar (the Rocks Bar staff said to send their best wishes to Snowheads snowHead )
ski holidays
I said it would snow at the weekend in the villages Laughing
ski holidays
Looking good in Murren
ski holidays
Horrible day here - rain, sleet or snow pretty much non-stop at village level. Temp now +1C and snowing steadily. The grass on the lower meadows is turning white for the first time since we arrived here. There must be heaps of new snow at altitude.
ski holidays
Much nicer day today - tons of new snow.

9am at Mannlichen - Nebelsee.

Busy Sunday!

Scheidegg on fire??

View from the Waschbar about 4pm.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike, gorgeous !
snow conditions
Have been doing a course with Bob Eastwood from Wengen Ski School. Very good indeed!

Weather still fantastic, snow still very good - locals are saying it's the best snow conditions so far this season.
snow conditions
Pool Race in Wengen today:

Short video:

http://youtube.com/v/SjKnQM4X6PI
snow report
Looks fun, have to try some day !

telford_mike wrote:
Have been doing a course with Bob Eastwood from Wengen Ski School. Very good indeed!

Bob is awesome Wink
Say hello to him from me if you meet him Wink
snow conditions
^^^^ looks fun ^^^^
latest report
You can still ski to Mary's, but the snow stops here!

snow report
How different it looks compared to Murren
snow report
telford_mike, a couple of things.....1) can you ski into the village still from allmend, and more importantly 2) based on what I'm seeing on some of the weather forecasts on the net and photographs above I need some advice: do I bring ski gear or speedos? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
AdrianV, Yesterday afternoon you could ski to the Hirschen - the tunnel leading to the nursery slope is closed.

Temps are forecast in the high-teens over the weekend - maybe a speedboat and a kneeboard would be handy at Mannlichen Very Happy Actually if you pick your pistes it's all good at the moment - just avoid predictably sloshy bits like Wixi after midday. Mannlichen is all fine in the morning down as far as Holenstein, and stuff like Salzegg / Fallboden is good pretty much all day. Racetrack is fine apart from the sunny bit at Canadian Corner which gets soft quite early.

Right now however it's raining in Wengen and +4C, snowing from about 1800 metres at a guess. It's been quite cold the last 2 nights, so everywhere has had a good freeze.

Curry on Saturday?
ski holidays
telford_mike, Curry sounds fun but maybe an issue for JP; I'll find out tomorrow on the plane/train!
latest report
AdrianV, Understand - see you later Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowpen Air concert today. Lifts close tomorrow. Summer has come early here - time to blow the dust off the bike and hiking boots.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy