Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, to late the shops are shut in the wilds of wiltshire
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doh Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having read of some fresh snow forecast for the next few days, I just checked Snow-Forecast which reports that there's 195cm and 5 lifts operational at Murren. This is bound to be a stupid question but...is there glacier skiing at Murren??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No there isn't glacier skiing at Murren, but there are 5 cable cars that run all year round to get people up to the village and the Schilthorn.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow-forecast.com is generally completely unreliable for closed resorts. They just stop updating as reports stop coming in.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B wrote:
No there isn't glacier skiing at Murren, but there are 5 cable cars that run all year round to get people up to the village and the Schilthorn.

you mean there's something murren doesn't have? In your face Chris Brookes, IN YOUR FACE NehNeh
And there was me, glacier boarding most of the summer, hmm where do I live again? Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
And there was me, glacier boarding most of the summer, hmm where do I live again? Laughing

Zermatt? wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as much as I like it there I think if I lived there it would become like living here, but with a McDonalds.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
Elizabeth B wrote:

you mean there's something murren doesn't have? In your face Chris Brookes, IN YOUR FACE NehNeh

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Red Leon wrote:
Having read of some fresh snow forecast for the next few days, I just checked Snow-Forecast which reports that there's 195cm and 5 lifts operational at Murren. This is bound to be a stupid question but...is there glacier skiing at Murren??

as you have guessed it the answer is no.....but in the winter the skiing up there is amazing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snow email alert ....temps going down to 1600m with snow forecast on wed...but as we all know its too early and wont stay
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes, it may stay......if stab manages to farm it all for his 1/4 pipe Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, We definetly expect pics of your first 1/4 pipe attempt of the season! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

stab, We definetly expect pics of your first 1/4 pipe attempt of the season!

That was back in August just down from the Monch in some stupid storm that made me question my own sanity.

it's snowing on scheidegg at the moment down to wengernalp, I just walked down.

1st monster dump of the year will be 3rd week of october, this came from the same guy who told me to forget last winter being any good back in october. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, morning !!

whats it like outside,i see Männlichen got some over night Little Angel
snow report
Chris Brookes, morning, dunno, I'm just on my way up now. I'm expecting snow later today and tonight. Don't really want to go to work today, working outside is a kick in the nuts sometimes, I've been sick the whole summer.
ski holidays
Hi all,

Just booked accommodation and travel for Wengen for next Feb. Really looking forward to it as we had a great time last Feb, despite the snow. A quick question to pose residents or longer term visitors to Wengen. Were the snow conditions of last winter unusual or typical of Wengen.

I know that noone can predict with any certainty what snow conditions will be like next week, not to mind next February. All the same, what's typical for the area?

Thanks

Skibb
ski holidays
Last year sucked in jan/feb and was the worst jan/feb I ever saw, but then it's all about what you make of it, still loads of fun to be had, just couldn't chance falling over when riding on the ice base layer.
If it's like last year again this year then I'll be very suprised and will even go as far to say I'll kill myself/take up skiing.
Last March on the other hand was awesome, as was before xmas.
ski holidays
Stab,

Thanks for reply. We were there in Feb last year. Reds between Mannlichen and Kleine Scheidegg were good but blacks and blues were a washout. Anything southfacing was slushy after 12 noon as well. I was glad that I was on rented skis though. Roll on Feb.
snow conditions
Skibb, which part of feb are you coming
ski holidays
Skibb wrote:
Stab,

Thanks for reply. We were there in Feb last year. Reds between Mannlichen and Kleine Scheidegg were good but blacks and blues were a washout. Anything southfacing was slushy after 12 noon as well. I was glad that I was on rented skis though. Roll on Feb.

ah yeah I remember now, january was just ice, not even hard piste but ice, all the rain washed the snow away.
Feb was the warm month wasn't it when the fallboden piste parts died and the rocks/stones came out to play on the lauberhorn. Yeah that sucked.

If it's like that this year I still stand by my 1st statement, I'll kill myself or learn to ski.

Wixi was almost do able today Laughing
snow report
stab, thanks for the pic.....i bet you cant wait !
snow conditions
I already need a poo. Sadly this winter I'm in employment so I want all the snow I can get early on, from mid december I'm locked away until march. Not saying where I'm working as I don't want people to come in and beat me with their skis.
latest report
stab, is it a 9-5 job working in a shop ??
snow report
worse than that, 8-6.
snow conditions
stab, Intersport shop then ??
snow conditions
I'm saying no more on it Razz I've already had people calling me stab too often as it is this summer Sad
ski holidays
stab, chicken *hit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, Doesn't that depress you that peope say 'Hey .. Stab' ...

even a dumbkopf like m know your real name Shocked

KEEP POLISHING THE SNOW , I was going to drive up to Cham today and it was too WET ... winter is around the corner ...
ski holidays
stab, well your safe with me being high up across the valley Laughing
snow conditions
Chris,

8th to 17th Feb '08. Ski for 8 days on 9th to 16th.

Stab, your memory is on the money. Fallboden melted in front of our eyes. I can remember skiers weaving their way through a section with narrow strips of white between large patches of brown. On the other hand, I learned to ski ice which I'm actually okay at. It's slush that I hate.
snow conditions
stab, Männlichen looks like it had some good snow last night....looks like winter already Blush
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, Männlichen looks like it had some good snow last night....looks like winter already Blush

Are you viewing a webcam or looking out of the window? If a webcam, can you give us a link, please? I have yet to find one with a decent pic. Ta
snow conditions
Agenterre wrote:
stab, Doesn't that depress you that peope say 'Hey .. Stab' ...

it's kind of embarrasing, a few of my friends do it but that's because of my music site I guess. I don't like all this internet world crossing over into the real world stuff, apart from all the geeks I met on the MSB, they were ok Smile

Quote:
Männlichen looks like it had some good snow last night....looks like winter already

ooooh get you with your umlauts, I don't know how to do them. I'm off up in an hour, expect another dodgy phone picture later on.

Quote:
Fallboden melted in front of our eyes. I can remember skiers weaving their way through a section with narrow strips of white between large patches of brown.

I kept at it long after they closed that down, there's a nice bump I like to jump off at the bottom.
latest report
Chris Brookes, I swear there's more snow today at Kl Scheidegg than there was for much of the arly part of last season Laughing
ski holidays
D G Orf, well if there is enough to ride then you know one idiot who will try it, shame the snow skate is in the car Sad
latest report
stab, what the heck is it doing there, you should be ashemed of yourself leaving it so far away from easy access wink
snow conditions
D G Orf, ah but getting it to the car was the fun part. I have to go down later today so I'll pick it back up.

edit: woohoo, I forgot I have 2, and it's in my house, woot woot ELEVENTYLOLZ111!!!KAKAKA!!

DOuble edit: Hmm, it's snowing outside my house Shocked
latest report
stab wrote:

Quote:
Männlichen looks like it had some good snow last night....looks like winter already

ooooh get you with your umlauts, I don't know how to do them. I'm off up in an hour, expect another dodgy phone picture later on.

Try this - if you can be bothered!
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
Try this - if you can be bothered!

CÓól, páin in thè áß thóÚgh isn't it. ¿ Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy