Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Brian.

Been going to Wengen for a number of years now. We've been staying at the Silberhorn recently - would recommend it. Especially like the (underused) bar with its blazing fire.

Hope the snow arrives. It was clouding over when we left and was raining fairly heavily by the time we got to Basel.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I give up, raining in wengen and windy as hell. Snowing on top but also windy as hell. Even yesterday the lauberhorn had it's top layer stripped off by the wind, god knows what it's like today.
Anyway, I caught a cold from a tourist so I'll be staying in today on the playstation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone else do that jungfrau winner card thing? You could win a car, I say could because unless your name is gertsch, von allmen or mueller you have no chance so it seems.

Last year my target was for half a million vertical metres gained on a ski lift, I missed the 1st week of the season and the last month to injury so it must be possible this year, barring any future injuries I pick up.

Winter 2006/07 Winter 2005/06

Sport-days 73 -38% 117
Elevation gain 205125 -50% 408996

Almost halfway there with 2 months to go Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose I'd better do a forecast, though I'm not sure anyone will like it Sad

Ok, Rain at resort level today turning to snow tonight with further snow tommorrow, sadly that's the last bit of good news as it looks as if temps will start to rise again on Tuesday bringing more rain at resort level and possibly as high as 2000M, it looks like this will continue until late Friday or early Saturday though it is just within the bounds of possability that it will fall as snow on the higher slopes, if it does expect a high avalanche risk as the forecast indicate the possibility of up to 85cm of snow falling at the highest levels over the week, long range forecasts indicates further rain the following week as well, though once again this may fall as snow at the highest levels. Whilst high winds are not indicated the natural shape of the mountains may well focus the wind at certain points through the area.

If it were not for the unusually high temps this winter I would have said that this week would probably have created bumper snow falls throughout the region, but as it is I suspect that rain will unfortunately be the norm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, What the owner of the property on top of figeler in the direction of the park hotel in question should do is fench off his property if he doesn't like people using it. It looks like a footpath, and people use it like that, nothing to do with stupidity of people.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ah I know the path you mean. That is a path isn't it? He's probably just upset because he has to listen to cannons all night (when it's cold). Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, I took my Jungfrau winner card home with me this year instead of recovering my 5 francs. It quite good fun to watch all the lifts running when you check on your days skiing or boarding. The car will also come in useful.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Off to wengen TOMORROW snowHead snowHead

D G Orf, hope your forecast isn't too accurate - whatever, we will enjoy it. Just sorry you aren't going this year Sad

What's all this about registering passes and finding out what one has done??? Infoplease (and excuse my ignorance)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
go here, www.jungfrauwinnercard.ch and enter the serial number of your ski pass.

Snowing fairly heavily at the moment, it's all white again.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brian T, Your ski pass at the end of your holiday can be handed back in and they give you 5 swiss frances back or you can take it home go to the Jungfrau website and register and put in the number on your pass which then enables you to check out what skiing you have done each day with a various nice animation of what lifts you have used and the vertical height you have skied. You are also entered in a draw with a chance to win a car. I am not sure but you may be able to pay on line for next years pass online and use the card again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm sure you can, I've had the same card since they went over to these things, 3 years or something now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, Yes just checked you can buy on line. The only problem i can see is that next year my pass would still have the 2007 date on, what happens if i want to go to Interlaken?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dunno, I know when you go to buy a new pass for the season the machine changes the dates on it, or it gives a new card with the same serial, I really don't know.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, well, fingers crossed for a drop in temperatures Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
riverman wrote:
stab, Yes just checked you can buy on line. The only problem i can see is that next year my pass would still have the 2007 date on, what happens if i want to go to Interlaken?

Even if you buy online you have to take your pass to a station or other ticket outlet to get the date changed.
snow report
telford_mike, So there seems very little incentive to buy online as they do not appear to offer any discount for paying this way.
ski holidays
not when you compare it to my discount Razz and even I am jealous of ski teacher's discount. Mad
ski holidays
riverman wrote:
telford_mike, So there seems very little incentive to buy online as they do not appear to offer any discount for paying this way.

Correct. I have a whole stack of ski passes at home which I will one day use for a deposit on an apartment Very Happy
snow conditions
Raining down here in Bern & its forecast to Rain everyday this week .Freezing level around 1000M . Guess you must be getting some decent snow up in the hills ?
ski holidays
Webcams look very promising - chucking it down. Jungfrauwinter reporting 15cm new snow.
ski holidays
Just back from Wengen yesterday. The family and I have just enjoyed our first trip there.

Given that they're having their worst winter since 1990, there's plenty of skiing to be had from Mannlichen and Kleine Scheidegg. Piste bashers are working hard with little help from nature and (most) of the red runs are really quite decent still. Some of their runs however, and in particular the blues are an obstacle course green patches with some white ice/slush.

We enjoyed meeting the locals who are hospitable and friendly and not at all tourist-weary. They're rightly proud of their neck of the woods.

The only downside that we found is that the terrain was limited for the weaker skiers in our party who needed to find some gentle blues to bring on their skiing. Their skiing opportunity was quite limited and as as a result didn't enjoy the experience as much as the rest.

I would heartily recommend the resort for intermediates who mainly ski reds or for non-skiers. However, it's not the best resort for beginners or second-weekers.

Finally, thank you Stab for all the snow updates in the weeks leading up to our break. It was great having getting reports directly from the scene rather than trying to interpret web-cams or snow forecasts. Keep it up and enjoy the rest of the seson.
snow conditions
no problem, I won't tell you then that it's dumping today, actually it's THE dump of the season so far, I didn't even go up the mountain, just made a kicker outside the house and stayed there all day.
Wow, all these people going to wengen and not complaining a snowboarder they saw, I can't be that bad then Smile
snow conditions
Shocked

Not.... Go..... Up.... The.... Mountain... ?

Shocked

I went as soon as I was done with my class... skipped lunch!
Visibility pretty poor, but up on top its a LOT (at least 60cm)
latest report
When I took this house the 1st thing I thought of was the days when I could stay home and try breaking my neck in the garden. Quite a bit of snow here seeing as this was grass yesterday
http://youtube.com/v/IVuMBnWrokA
I'm just worried about the wind tonight, pretty windy around my house.

I'll be up tomorrow though for sure. Cool
latest report
Nice - hopefully this is a sign of things to come!
latest report
Damnit stab I've watched that video 5 times now and each time you've missed that telegraph pole Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Finally some good news

Upto 80cms has fallen in the Mountains in the last days & more is expected before start of spring March 1st. However 75Kms winds reported on top of Titlis.

http://www.espace.ch/artikel_323920.html

I also read see on Swiss TV this morning that freezing level will sink from 1000M to 600M today.

http://www.wetter.ch/

Later in week freezing level rises again.

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl

Just a sidenote. Have you seen the New Swiss Currency design ?

http://www.20min.ch/news/schweiz/story/27553362
ski holidays
Its a shame all this snow is falling - anyone got a trip booked to wengen this season ? snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Damnit stab I've watched that video 5 times now and each time you've missed that telegraph pole Toofy Grin

Laughing hehe, it did cross my mind, especially as that is not my board, binding angles and stance are all wrong for me. I broke my binding (again) on the jump before.
If you look closely at the end you can see the remains of the quarter pipe, which I may or may not rebuild. Mad
snow report
Hi Folks. report from Wengen. Snow, snow, snow snowHead 70 cm now at Mannlichen and Kliene scheidigg. There are axpecting more this week, poss another 30-50. Conditions this morning at Manlichen were spectacular. Powdery pistes and sunshine. Arven was great - everywhere was good. Brandegg run good and apple fritters brill. BUT DO NOT COME HERE: It,s quite quiet and we want it kept that way wink

I`ll post agian tomorrow
snow report
Brian T wrote:
It,s quite quiet and we want it kept that way wink

[COUGH] Club Bl00dy Med [/COUGH]
ski holidays
Hi guys

A quick snow report from Murren today... Its raining !!

We arrived in Murren on Saturday adternoon to find the resort with hardly any snow but by the time we had unpacked it started to snow.It snowed till Tueday night and then turned to rain. In between we had some good skiing but the piste'runs got cut up bigtime within a short period of time around Schiltgrat. The higher lifts were closed due to the wind but re-opened later on in the day.

Overall the snow level is much better and now waiting for the temps to drop again...

I will be back soon....bye
snow report
It rained all night and all day, things are almost worse than before it snowed. I give up, have shaved my head and bought new bindings. All the snow outside my house has gone as well. Angry isn't even close. Mad Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays
Sympathy Stab, Manlichen was ok this morning, but by lunchtime slushy down b.yw the man lift. Runs over to KS were okish but then it got warmer. I gave up after lunch and trained back to wengen. Wixi was good at the top but lower down, again forget it.

Poss high winds tomorro snowHead s with a danger of lifts being closed. Still, I,d rather be here that Birmingham.
latest report
I`ve decided the last post was too nice. stab, I`m fed up as well Sad
The bar might be seriously used tonight......
ski holidays
Well guys its the same here in Murren. The Schiltgrat lift and the Winteregg lifts were open as the rest (Birg/Schilthorn)was closed due to high winds and avalanche risk etc.

By mid-day they had closed Schiltgrat. Skied Winteregg today (its was bare and you could see the grass) and looked down onto Wengen and noticed NO snow in the village guys, that a shame....lol

Snow forecasted tonight so lets hope a.
ski holidays
I've had a catalogue of disasters this last few days.

Yesterday I cut through the interlaken train in lauterbrunnen to go to the kiosk and the door closed on me and sent me to zweilutchinen Embarassed
Put my back out carrying my car battery from lauterbrunnen to the train and then train to my house, then back at 6:30 am yesterday morning.
Mounted my new bindings wrong and took a high speed slam today as a result. Whoever the ski teacher that went past me was, you could have at least said "gehts?" to me, seeing as I picked one of your lot up last year late in the evening and got a helicopter for him.
Split my lip somehow in 2 places, no idea how I did that.
Tried to rail slide a metal barrier near the lager piste and cut my board up.
Had some moron carrying his skis over his shoulder spear me in the chest.
Had a cold for what seems like a year.
Encouraged my girlfriend to do the kicker I made, she fell and I forgot to move the barb wire from the farmer's fence, she know has ripped trousers and a ripped ass.
Found out to get BASI qualifications in snowboard teaching takes 10 weeks and 6 thousand francs. Mad
I think that's it for now.

Mountain is crap, windy, wet, sticky, slushy. In that order.
snow report
stab, What a chapter of disasters. Time for a very large drink. Sounds like indoor sports may also be out pro tem....
ski holidays
stab wrote:
Yesterday I cut through the interlaken train in lauterbrunnen to go to the kiosk and the door closed on me and sent me to zweilutchinen Embarassed

Can I at least laugh at you for that one? Laughing
ski holidays
stab, sorry to read all your bad news, you certainly seem to have been having a bad time of late
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy