Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Please someone tell me that it is going to snow a lot between now and Feb 18 when we arrive in Wengen for a week. We are travelling from Boston and could still bail out for Colorado but I love Wengen so much and am bringing along my 7 year old grandson who just has to see the Alps and the trains and eat Rosti etc.

I looks at the webcams and it looks OK around Mannlichen and Eigergleischer...I would love to hear from those who are there. Can you ski down from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp for lunch, or to Brandegg from Scheidegg for fritters? Or are there awful bare spots?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
-3C in Bern this morning & still snow on the ground. However, the papers today are still saying its 4-5C (daytime temp) above normal for this time of the year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kathyborn wrote:
I looks at the webcams and it looks OK around Mannlichen and Eigergleischer...I would love to hear from those who are there. Can you ski down from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp for lunch, or to Brandegg from Scheidegg for fritters? Or are there awful bare spots?

It's nowhere near that bad. At the moment apart from the afternoon ice appearing there is nothing wrong with anything, apart from the off piste being a little shallow. Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski Club is saying the resort runs to grindelwald are open now (http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/report.asp?intContactID=44922) but jungfrauwinter.ch is saying otherwise. Anyone know who is right?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Down to grindelwald from mannlichen was closed yesterday.
Back to First tomorrow so I'll find out.
If they are open they will be icey.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"Grindelwald resort runs" usually refers to the First side rather than Mannlichen
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh well that's closed for sure. There is a long red down to grindelwald from first, don't know what number. That stops at the road before you go down the road to the nursery area. I had to get a bus there yesterday. I didn't try the black yet as that looked screwed on the way up.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Stab for the reassurance about the snow. We have two weeks before we leave so I hope for a few inches every evening in Wengen.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well Im heading out today! Pics will be forthcoming in a couple weeks!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Reporting below freezing & rain in Bern Next Wednesday so I guess dwon the road in the Oberland you will get some decent snow. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, is that in the local papers ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Since 06:30 this morning the forecast has changed. Sorry for misleading.

Now it say Rain Tuesday and significantly warmer in Bern Sad

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OMG...more *loody rain forecasted again for the region !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ZOMG NO SNOWZ LOLZ OH NOEZ RA1NZ LMAOZ !!1111!!ELEVENTY!!ONE111!!!

sorry, sun stroke or something.

It can rain if it wants, they can even close the season now if they like, I just had 3 of the best days ever, shouting "WELL HELLOOOO" in an upper class accent at every english tourist in sight, going very fast, sunshine, rails, big ass kickers, finding a place without ice, I even fell off a picnic table and mashed my knee and elbow OH NOEZ PIKNIKZ TABELZ ELBOWZ LOLZ Laughing happy days indeed.

No snow report from me for mannlichen/scheidegg anymore as I am boycotting it, haven't been on a lift in that area for days now.
Schilthorn is still there as far as I know and First is awesome*, just awesome.

*may or may not be true, reports of skiers leaving the area in disgust on the same day that I am in the area having an awesome day, weirdos, so what the black run isn't open, loosen up a bit and have some fun for god's sake. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Right then, long range forecast for the next two weeks, as always the further away the day the less accurate the forecast

Temps this week should drop a little with a strong possibility of arround 10cm of new snow on Tuesday, at higher levels next weekend there could be 20cm or more of new snow, however I'm not sure as yet if it will fall as rain or snow at resort levels temps currently indicate that it could be either, temps for the following week currently look like staying sub zero and there is a 50/50 chance of further snow possibly as much as 40 cm before Monday 19th of Feb
ski holidays
D G Orf, You have really cheered me up with this forecast. Sorry you will not be in Wengen this year. Am off to Murren on Friday for 10 days and will make a few turns for you.
latest report
Just back.

There's lots of info above so I'll be brief. Despite the lack of natural snow conditions have been improving all week. Mannlichen is absolutely fine down as far as Holenstein, although the little-used blue run off to the left has pretty much been ignored by the piste guys. Toboggan track good also. Moving round towards Scheidegg there's good snow around to Gummi (gets a bit soft in the afternoon on some of the steeper bits.) Gummi to Arven is all great - no bare spots or anything. Arven is absolutely fine.

Up from Scheidegg, Lauberhorn is good but maybe the odd loose rock here and there as it's very busy. Wixi is great - no problems although the lower section after the bridge gets a bit icy later in the day as usual.

Fallboden is one piste that has really suffered as there's not a great deal the piste guys can do as there's no snowmaking. Avoid.

Salzegg is not bad at all, but very icy at the top (Eigergletcher). Again no snowmaking here so the piste can get a bit thin down towards the tunnel, but no bare spots.

Black Rock and Schwarzen are closed so Salzegg is the only realistic option from Eigergletcher at the moment.

Skiing back to the village is no problem at all via the woodpath or via Standard - Mary's Cafe.

Went to Murren on Tuesday. Brilliant. The new Riggli lift has transformed things at Birg. All runs up there were fine - no queues and good snow. Surprisingly the only place we found fault with was the Schilthorn run from the top, which had the odd rock here and there. Nothing to worry about really though. Rest of Murren lower down looked pretty ropey so we stayed high.

Village pretty busy (DHO race week) with a good lively atmosphere everywhere. Weather was perfect all week - sunny and cold to begin with and it got a little milder towards the end of our stay.

All in all I'd say the piste people are doing a brilliant job. No complaints at all.
snow report
telford_mike, good info, thanks
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:

All in all I'd say the piste people are doing a brilliant job. No complaints at all.

you didn't go to First then, those guys are performing miracles.

I have to find my card scanner and I'll post some pics from today, fallboden is finished Laughing

And did you join in the DHO plant pot on the head party? Nothing gets past me Smile
latest report
telford_mike, Great news Mike as the reps reports were a bit gloomy - hope to see you soon.
latest report
Went up to Mannlichen for dinner during the full moon. Highly recommend you do this if it's full moon while you're in Wengen.
snow conditions
telford_mike, Nice Pic Shocked
latest report
telford_mike, Awesome!
snow conditions
Oh, telford_mike, drop me a line if you still want to 'go for a beer' some evening (I think my number is still in a PM). Preferably after 4pm, as before i'm teaching... Still with the pink shirts in Snowgarden Smile
ski holidays
telford_mike, real nice pic Shocked

Will snow be dumping over the region soon Puzzled
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
telford_mike, real nice pic Shocked

Will snow be dumping over the region soon Puzzled

Thankyou. 4 seconds at f2.7. That's a bloody long time when you're standing out in the freezing cold!

It will snow tomorrow, trust me Very Happy
ski holidays
Going to Rain the rest of the week here in Bern, guess your get significant snow up the hills . Papers are tallking about 1000M freezing level dropping to 600M Very Happy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 6-02-07 8:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
stanton, what are the papers saying regarding the weather and temps (FL) this week for Bern ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Forgot the link

http://www.20min.ch/news/wetter/schweiz/bern.tmpl

http://www.espace.ch/wetter/
ski holidays
Is that SNOW blocking out the Manlichen web cam Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
Brian T, don't know but Scheidegg looks distinctly gray and overcast
snow conditions
Snowing heavily at Scheidegg now Very Happy
latest report
telford_mike, I said on Sunday that it would snow today wink
ski holidays
D G Orf, We all know you're the King of Wengens Weather forecast Wink

Started to snow in the village when I brought in the kids after the morning session, so about noon. By 3 pm, there was so much sticky fresh glue in snowgarden the kids barely moved, and my unwaxed snowgarden sticks were glued to the snow (I could walk up the big magic carpet slope like a telemarker, without skins) Guessing 5-10 cm in the village at 6.

Lauterbrunnen is snowing right now, but streets are so warm it barely sticks. 1-2 cm on the colder spots.
latest report
Hi evryone,
Any news on how much snow fell today,
Hopefully yours etc
Brian T
snow report
Hi evryone,
Any news on how much snow fell today,
Hopefully yours etc
Brian T
snow report
Sorry for the double posting Confused
snow report
stab, very quite today...

If you have nothing better to do can you please look outside and tell us if its still snowing and how much so far has landed today wink Little Angel

ps..it looked like it was snowing nicely at 16.30 today at the Schilthorn (streaming video)

http://livecam.feratel.at/cam/murren/44003/index.jsp?content=streaming&design=feratel4&language=en&referer=feratel

or the Mannlichen -

http://livecam.feratel.at/cam/wengen/34003/index.jsp?content=streaming
snow report
Incogskisno sent these pictures of Murren from her phone earlier today. She said that it is now snowing and she will send more pictures in the same places tomorrow, and hopes that the grass will get covered by then!!

latest report
Ray Zorro, lets hope the new snow improves the conditions ASAP and look forward to tomorrows seeing the pics tomorrow. I hope she isnt spending too much time having a drink or two on the Jungfrau hotel sun terrace Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy