Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
riverman wrote:
stab, Well thats a pity as i was going to offer to by you a beer when i arrived this week

Just look out for a p1ssed off looking snowboarder moaning about lift queues and skiers who drop their sticks getting on chair lifts, that will be me Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
riverman wrote:
stab, So you are not a great fan of Club Med

sore subject mate Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverman, bit tight of you to just buy one beer Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris Brookes, Well stab, is a snowboarder
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have bought a snowheads hat and would be happy to by any Snowhead in the village who spots it.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 26-01-07 22:53; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have bought a snowheads hat and would be happy to by any Snowhead a beer in the village who spots it.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 26-01-07 23:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
riverman wrote:
stab, Well thats a pity as i was going to offer to by you a beer when i arrived this week

Just look out for a p1ssed off looking snowboarder moaning about lift queues and skiers who drop their sticks getting on chair lifts, that will be me Laughing

And if you get a sharp pain in your backside . . . well you did say 'stab' and poles have their uses, especially against snowboarders. Twisted Evil

BTW are you in Murren or Wengen?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lift Queues?

My solutions to that are called "Tschuggen" and "Salzegg" snowHead Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncoqSkiSno Wengen
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
riverman wrote:
I have bought a snowheads hat and would be happy to by any Snowhead a beer in the village who spots it.

I haven't bought a snowheads hat, but I would be happy to buy any Snowhead in the village (Murren 2-9Feb) a beer if they spot me Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Lift Queues?

My solutions to that are called "Tschuggen" and "Salzegg"

my solution was the quarter pipe/garden snowboard park but we all now what happened to that this winter. Sad

Quote:

BTW are you in Murren or Wengen?

Wengen.

Quote:

Is there a limit per day on how many times it can be spotted by one person?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab wrote:
Wengen.

Lucky escape from my poles then!

Quote:
Is there a limit per day on how many times it can be spotted by one person?

Toofy Grin I like your thinking Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab As I wear my ski hat inside out no limit
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We will be in Murren at the end of Feb/March so can meet up with other Snowheads and have a drink/ski .We will aslo be going to Wengen as we are taking our friends on the tourist route upto Jungfraujoch as they have never been before.

You cant miss us, we will be the ones with three Huskies pulling us in both villages

stab, morning

Looking at the webcams it looks like its snowing...is it ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
guten morgen mitenand

Chris Brookes, it's kind of snowing at the house, spoke to the missus on scheidegg, she says it's snowing good up there but very cold.
snow report
stab, ive only just got back from work and read yuor post. Did it snow much through the day then ?
snow conditions
was a weird day, snowed ok in the village, I didnt get up the mountain until 2, had snowed a bit, maybe 10cms, was still snowing when I got the train at wengernalp at 4:15 (got the train because I screwed my back yesterday on a kicker jump to crash and can't walk properly, nevermind snowboard Sad)
snow conditions
stab, do you only work at night as you seem to have the life of riley boarding all the time.. wink
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I don't work Smile well I do but in the winter hardly anything, summer is a different story, not unknown for me to do 50 days in a row, but then I take a few off and get over to zermatt for a few days. So yeah I do have the life of riley, once I found out you can board 12months a year in switzerland I was like a pig in the proverbial. Just 2 hours from zermatt is great. Very Happy
snow report
stab, lucky sod Laughing
ski holidays
Just a warning for people who may be coming here, be careful leaving skis/boards lying around, I know of at least 5 pairs of skis stolen this month, strange thing is it's always locals getting their skis stolen.
I suppose on the other hand, if you go to wengen can you not steal locals skis, thank you please Very Happy
snow report
Bummer. I've always thought Wengen was a fairly safe place. Where have they been taken from?
ski holidays
sometimes happens at tipi, I guess tourists take skis that look like their rentals, or people just rob non rental skis and sell them. Mainly happens on the weekends, like today.
snow report
Hello,

Does anyone have any local information on the weather forecast for this area.

We're off to Murren on the 17th Feb, and after the encouraging improvement to conditions, am worried about the Netweather suggestion of a return of warmer weather and rain in Feb..

Thanks
snow report
A little tip on skis security - swap one ski with someone else, and then park them away from each other Very Happy
snow report
AndyC, no one can accurately predict more than 2 weeks ahead, especially not in the mountains, if I remember I'll have a look later and post up my best guess for the next 2 weeks
snow report
Speaking of items being stolen....

Last year I hired my skis from Buri Sport in Grindelwald, excellent service and the skis were fantastic. I knew there would be many identical pairs of skis out on the slopes so during lunch I always positioned them away/hidden from other skis from Buri. Anyway one particular lunch I buried my skis under my brothers, dads and uncles skis because there was a set the same as mine a few pegs along. After lunch I came back and my skis had gone, but the others were still there - now I had a decision to make.

Had my skis been stolen by someone, or accidently picked up by the person who owned the skis a few pegs down? I tried on those other skis and although they were 6" too small, the boots fitted perfectly. I gambled and made the decision that someone had accidently picked my skis up. So I took these. I skied with them all afternoon and took the blue run all the way from First to Grindelwald keeping my eye out for someone with the same skis as me Smile. Well amazingly at the bottom was a ski school, there was a guy with the same poles/skis as me, but they were ironically 6" too tall for him and the poles were way too long. I was and still am adament that he had my skis, but he wouldn't own up or aknowledge he may have made a mistake so I left it - it was my last day after all.

A long story I know, but the point is - if you are hiring skis, try and do something that makes them instantly recognisable/different from any other pair. Strap them together at lunch, or put them WAY away from someone elses set. I would have been mighty annoyed if it had happened at the start of the week.

PS Of course I could have been wrong and stolen someone elses skis, rendering their afternoon a complete disaster. If this did happened, then who ever you are, I apologise.
snow conditions
AndyC, Hi, is it your first time to Murren and where are you staying ?

Apart from D G Orf who does give a great forecast check out the others -

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast/localforecasts.html?language=en&plz=3825&x=13&y=7

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_48hrs.asp?locationID=3463
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok forecast for the forseable future, nothing much this week, temps will stay low hovering arround freezing or just above until Saturday when temps should drop again with the chance of light snow, similar conditions next Monday, for the following week it looks like colder temps with light snow or snow showers possibly every day
latest report
Quite Cool in Bern this morninig , very bright & sunny.
latest report
yes first time, we're staying at the Edelweiss in Murren
snow conditions
AndyC, Edelweiss is a lovely hotel and the owners/management are very good. It is situated 5 minutes from the Murrenbahn (turn left when you walk out of the station and continue on the lower road). You can either call the hotel at the Lauterbrunnen staion for someone to meet you at the Murren station or just walk it its all flat !

Any questions on the resort...just post here !
ski holidays
Last year there was an igloo at Kleine Scheidegg and wonder if it has been built again this winter?
snow conditions
skilegs wrote:
Last year there was an igloo at Kleine Scheidegg and wonder if it has been built again this winter?

no not yet, no where near enough snow yet.

I just came back from First, and it's awesome. No ice, less people and amazingly something for snowboarders to do.
snow report
stab, are the conditions holding up at the mo ?
snow conditions
OK have set the alarm for 04:00 should arrive in Wengen at 14:59. Can you make sure the village band is there to meet me
ski holidays
the snow is going fast in town but on top it's still good. Was on the mannlichen by 8:40 this morning and it was excellent, freshly pisted and no ice at all. The problem is though that it was so icey last week that when it snowed it didn't bond to the base so it's fast becoming ice all over by the afternoon.
Came down bumps/allmend at 5 earlier, was alright, touch icey but fine otherwise.
First was fantastic today, they don't have that ice under the piste it seems.
Haven't been to the schilthorn yet so no idea on that side.
latest report
riverman wrote:
OK have set the alarm for 04:00 should arrive in Wengen at 14:59. Can you make sure the village band is there to meet me

sure, can you bring some snow with you? Very Happy
latest report
Stab - if you go to Murren before next week, please can you post a snow report.
snow conditions
I can make one up if you like, what would you like? Powder? Groomed piste? Rocks and alligators?

There is a tiny chance I'll be there thursday or friday. People are talking about snow for those 2 days but I don't know where they got that from, I can't see any weather reports that mention it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy