Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, Ok go out of your door and walk towards the village, before you get to the Hotel Brunner look down the hill (the open field) on the left, the hotel below the road going to Marys Cafe is the Alpenrose.

Silberhorn is that big yellow building on top of the coop

Sunstar can be found opposite the Tanne bar.

By the way I'll admit now that I'm too unfit these days to be able to do what I described above and hop from one patch of snow to the next
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The shortest walk to the Alpenrose is start in Lauterbrunnen, take the road from Busstop Ey. It's pretty much the first real building you encounter.

Okay thats not quite true... its about 3-5 minutes walk down from the Wengen train station, cross under the railbridge near the skischool office. The joke above is pretty much how I found it last summer Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ronald, except that if as you go up from Lauterbrunnen you take the left hand turn instead of the right you come out below the Reform Church (with the spire) wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bern papers say that SwissMeteo predict Temps today in Switzerland from 0-16C . THey are also going on about the dramatic effect this is having on wildlife, Insects & Forna. Something they have not seen before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+10 degrees C on Mannlichen this morning.

Crazy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This is ridiculous. The winter is never going to really arrive this year is it!!!! Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Annehillskiing, in all honesty my gut feeling (and it's nothing more than that) is that the area is really going to suffer this season
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am tending to agree with you, D G Orf, very depressing. the only bright side to it is that what ever the outcome i love Wengen and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Sadly skiing may not be very possible which is gutting.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I spent the whole day on mannlichen and to be honest it's fine, best piste around at the moment. Was really icey this morning after the rain yesterday but by 12 was fine. I'm talking from a boarding point of view mind, I'm sure for skiers it was better early this morning.

Absolutley no snow in the village now, sledging back home isn't possible anymore.

I'm not at all worried by the high temps, the snow will come, was looking at last year's photos and it was stripped bare by the wind on jan 28th, I'd rather the conditions now than the ones last year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In that case I'm really quite optimistic - I was there the week following all the snow being blown away, and I skied every day quite happily.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf wrote:
stab, the hotel below the road going to Marys Cafe is the Alpenrose.

Silberhorn is that big yellow building on top of the coop

Sunstar can be found opposite the Tanne bar.

haha I'm a dumbass, my brother used to work at the alpenrose, never knew what it was called.

Silberhorn and sunstar I just have real problems remembering which is which, if I said to someone meet you at the sunstar it's 50/50 I would be outside the right hotel Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, don't the names on the door gibve it away!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yeah I know Embarassed it's like being color blind only hotel blind. I see them every day but never pay them any attention Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, this may seem like a stupid question, but by any chance do you/ have you also done jewelery work or similar ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
no I haven't sorry.

I guess you're thinking of a mate of mine who's brother also worked in the alpenrose.
snow report
stab, yes I would imagine so Laughing
ski holidays
it's true, at the time my brother worked there (few years ago now) a friend also had a brother who worked there. I on the other hand have never worked in a hotel, some would say never worked but this is a wicked lie.
snow report
stab, what's your brothers first name ? I assume he was one of the waiters at the Alpenrose ?
ski holidays
D G Orf, slash?
ski holidays
laundryman, unlikely and I'm pretty sure it's not Gary either
ski holidays
Swiss Papers reported that yesterday it was 7.5C at the start gate of the Wengen Downhill. Previous highest temp was 5.2C . They do say that colder weather is coming and could be -2C at 1800M on saturday.
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
laundryman, unlikely and I'm pretty sure it's not Gary either

he worked with him. To be honest this is getting awfully close to identifying me and I'm not really into that Smile clouded in secrecy and all that.
I'll say his 1st name began with C so if you know who that was then you're laughing.
snow conditions
stanton, some goods news at last...lets hope it starts at that and continues to drop.Im out there next month for our main skiing holiday
snow report
stab, ok I'm Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
D G Orf, Laughing

It does feel colder today and I believe training is on for the race by looking over at the track.

edit: it also could snow tomorrow Cool
ski holidays
stab wrote:
D G Orf, Laughing

It does feel colder today and I believe training is on for the race by looking over at the track.

edit: it also could snow tomorrow Cool

snow or rain tomorrow Puzzled
ski holidays
wind got up bigtime down here in Bern this afternoon. Actually felt colder but just check meteoschweiz and its still 10C Sad

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/current_weather.par0001.html
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:

snow or rain tomorrow Puzzled

Just got home. Mannlichen and scheidegg are cold enough IMO for some snow. In town for sure it will rain. All the pistes up top are frozen hard, too hard.
The run down to innerwengen should be closed IMO, no continous stretch of snow in places, lots of jumping involved.
Going down to the brunner is nothing more than mud.

Mannlichen is still the best place to go, a bit boring like, just piste but I can't have everything can I.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast.html
Am Abend aus Westen zunehmend bewölkt und in der Folge einsetzende Niederschläge. Schneefallgrenze bei 1500 Metern, am Freitagmorgen vorübergehend gegen 1200 Metern sinkend.
Im Flachland starker, in der Nacht vorübergehend stürmischer West- bis Südwestwind. In den Bergen stürmischer, gegen Osten hin auch orkanartiger Westwind.
Am Freitagvormittag meist stark bewölkt und vor allem den Voralpen und Alpen entlang noch zeitweise etwas Niederschlag. Im Flachland kurze Aufhellungen. Am Nachmittag wechselnd bewölkt und weitgehend trocken. Temperaturen im Flachland zwischen 6 und 11, auf 2000 Metern Höhe um -2 Grad. Im Flachland mässiger Westwind, in den Bergen weiterhin stürmischer Nordwestwind.

Well, besides the wind that looks promising Very Happy
latest report
Hm i don't like the sound of 'orkanartiger'.

Took out the rock&mud skis today, as Wengiboden and Figeler are not exactly in a lovely condition (and with a class you don't really have the flexibility to make wild jumps and turns)

At least i got my class up on Figeler at all.... Wonder what happens tomorrow morning when its frozen up again.

Oh, i'm fed up with "rich" Russians, They don't exactly make good promotion for their country.
ski holidays
Ronald wrote:
Hm i don't like the sound of 'orkanartiger'.

in engels that's a tornado isn't it?

edit: ah, just found out, "gale force"
snow report
telford_mike, You still in town by the way? Haven't heard from you yet (on the phone) wink
snow report
Ive just looked at the long range forecast at

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|CH|SZ006|BERNE&metric=1

after the 21st the weather 'could' change with lower temps and snow !!
latest report
oh dear , racing cancelled for today Very Happy
snow report
Chris Brookes, I refer you to my post on the 8th wink Laughing
snow conditions
Ronald wrote:
telford_mike, You still in town by the way? Haven't heard from you yet (on the phone) wink

Back in the UK at present mate - will be back in the village in 2 weeks time - look forward to seeing you for a beer Very Happy
snow report
snowing on scheidegg Very Happy raining in town Sad

The piste, from a boarders point of view is unusable, nothing more than frozen water and big lumps of ice roaming around. The skiers seem to be coping but I can't, took an hour to get to scheidegg from mannlichen as opposed to 20 minutes normal time.

Race is likely to be cancelled tomorrow also.
snow report
wow it's going to be cold sunday Laughing http://www.bidu.ch/wewe/peha/out/index.php#showhere

better wear some extra socks.
snow conditions
Iam in Wengen from the 31st January, hope the forcast it may be colder by then is correct.
ski holidays
riverman, just incase, i suggest doing a snow dance, it does work Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy