Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beaver Creek?

Poster: A snowHead
Beaver Creek is an option for a fortnights stay next February but I have heard it is insanely expensive. Can anyone share their experience of BC please: how expensive is it really? What is the town like? The skiing?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beaver Creek? Try oiling it Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lol, oiling it? what does that mean?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your beaver is creeking put some lubrication on it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shenryo, Also if it smells, wash it. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lol, was slow on the uptake there Shocked

now seriously folks...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shenryo,
Quote:

now seriously folks...

Wrong forum for serious. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry about that Toofy Grin . Beaver Creek looks like one of those upmarket contrived corporate real estate resorts. Eliteist & Comfy if thats your thing, but boring and boring company. If you've got a deal to stay cheap or borrow a pad then do it & you can hop the free bus to Vail for some nice skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there is a free bus to Vail? what about other resorts?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wasnt a free bus when we were in that neck of the woods Shocked Cost a dollar each way Smile

Beaver Creek is as decribed above but with some fun skiing in parts. also outdoor ice rink in the centre of the 'village', escalators up to the slopes.

The Ritz Calton did look nice tho Smile

For lubrication head to Beaver Liquors Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 15-10-08 19:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Wasnt a free bus when we were in that neck of the woods Cost a dollar each way

Sorry my mistake, a senior moment, Confused Eagle county Transit Charge unlike Summit county according to my research.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't miss the free cookies and hot chocolate on weekday afternoons - Ritz Carlton in Bachelor's Gulch (yes it is a real name) make theirs from real melted chocolate - and at $7 a pop I should hope they do! Prententious doesn't even begin to describe Beaver Creek IMHO. Make up your own mind from a few simple observations below:
1. The Ritz Carlton has a labrador puppy you can rent by the hour (aka you pay the hotel to walk their dog???)
2. You need to book a table for lunch at nearly all the mountain restaurants (notice retaurants not ski huts!)
3. All the main resorts buildings have window casements, guttering and drainpipes made out of copper (brightly polished at that!)
4. Not only do they have escalators to save you the bother of walking up the steps to the slopes, the willing and eager helpers will even carry your skis from the bus (with a smile)
5. One hotel has its own gondola to whisk you up to the slopes from the hotel lobby (you've gotta love em!)
6. On driving into the village, well about 2 miles down the road, you have to 'check-in' at the 'gatehouse'.

The skiing's OK though - some not to be missed if you're in the area - but a fair amount of poling between the different areas if you've not careful. I would definitely recommend a day trip to Vail - head straight for the back bowl Blue Sky Basin after a good snow dump for acres of virgin powder. If you get the option for car hire instead of transfers - go for the car. Your ski pass will extend to days at Vail, Keystone and Arapahoe (nearly forgot Breckenridge too) and you'll need some variety over the week. Only other tip is to book your ski pass before you go - there are some good discounts to be had for overseas visitors - prices you pay once you get to the resort are extortionate.

Have fun.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shenryo, Been there a few times and stayed there once. Wouldn't want to be there for a whole two weeks. On its own it's worth 3-4 days max. For creature comforts it's unbeatable but that can get a bit much; sometimes you just want to rough it. One image stays in my mind... a short queue for a travelator that linked two lifts. The travelator was on the flat... folks here don't even have the energy to pole along for 20 yards. Birds of Prey is a great run though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spent a season working in the area and I prefer Beaver to Vail, Breck & Copper.

It's got some great skiing if you know where to go. Doesn't get tracked out half as fast as Vail. On a par with Vail for prices - lift ticket, food, drink.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cheers for all the heads up folks - what about the apres ski scene? doe they have anything going on? and would others agree with Mike Pow that food and drink are similar prices to Vail? Is Breck cheaper then?
snow report
We skiied a day there when we were in Vail a few years ago.

Great skiing and some excellent steeps and bumps. "Stickline" sticks in my mind as a brilliant, narrow, black run through the glades.

And it was a lot quieter on the slopes than Vail.

A posh, pedestrianised village and freeby brochures from estate agents that will make you gasp. $20m for a holiday home anyone?

All in all, well worth a trip for a few days and somewhere we'd like to revisit.

Had to get a bus back to Vail after skiing so didn't experience the village at night....

Then again, the bus only got us back to Avon (problems with the roads I seem to remember) that night and we had to wait there for a connection that didn't turn up. Taxi for Crawford!!
snow conditions
shenryo wrote:
cheers for all the heads up folks - what about the apres ski scene? doe they have anything going on? and would others agree with Mike Pow that food and drink are similar prices to Vail? Is Breck cheaper then?

Either Breck or Keystone are the cheapest to base yourself at, and both are part of the Vail 'family' along with Beaver Creek. Lift passes are interchangeable at all four resorts. Apres is mellow and sophisticated at Beaver. More 'regular' options in Breck and Keystone, as well as the towns of Dillon and Silverthorne.

In a two week holiday you could easily ski Vail, Breck, Beaver, Keystone, A-Basin, Loveland and Copper. An then return to the ones you liked.
ski holidays
I would be getting very nice accommodation for a decent price - not too sure I like the idea of it being too pretentious for two weeks stay though Sad spose it wouldn't be the end of the world though - two weeks slumming it in BC is better than two weeks at home eh Wink
ski holidays
In that case, use the 'saved' money on a rental car and the world is your oyster.

Beaver Creek is not pretentious. Some of the people there are, but that's the same wherever you go.
snow conditions
Lechbob wrote:
Beaver Creek? Try oiling it Madeye-Smiley

Better than Arzfeld anyway.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy