Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do I really need all those pockets?

Poster: A snowHead
bertie bassett wrote:
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

I wore a light Deuter 25L pack on Mt. Washington, over a HH jacket and a Patagucci Regulator fleece

You forgot to tell us what brand your underpants are.
Laughing Laughing

Especially since she missed the point and proceeded to hide it for everyone else. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zero-G, it was a "prize" as a joke, the jacket is probably older than me Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, I'm convinced that there was a point at which ski jacket designers looked at motorcycle jackets like the Brando classic Schott 613/618.

Compare

with early Spyder styling.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, that would look great with jeans wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, begging the question of where things went wrong? France is my guess.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cunners wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
At one time it was virtually the only jacket to be seen because, once you'd looked at a nevica, you couldn't actually see anything else for about 40 minutes

I didn't write that!?!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv wrote:
In jacket pockets... nothing. Laughing

or lift card only.

Money for the day ( notes only ) can go in a trouser/waist pocket

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 15-10-08 19:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, a 'prize' you say? Thousands wouldn't believe you but I might Wink
So how many pockets does that beastie boast (i.e. does support bode swiller's theory as being the harbinger of multiple pocket mania in the world of ski wear)?

Have to agree with RobinS, stuffing your pockets somewhat negates the breathability of the jacket. But then so too does a backpack...

*Edited annoying typo

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 15-10-08 20:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Cunners wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
At one time it was virtually the only jacket to be seen because, once you'd looked at a nevica, you couldn't actually see anything else for about 40 minutes

I didn't write that!?!

Twas your evil twin, perhaps?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zero-G, 7... but there are probably another 10 I am yet to discover

Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Cunners wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

I didn't write that!?!

I fixed it for you Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cunners, don't know how, you can't even spell your user name correctly Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
never underestimate the power of random keyboard mashing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT,
Quote:

Money for the day ( notes only ) can go in a trouser/waist pocket

Hey! I'm guessin you're a guy that has never had to pay to pee in some moutain caff toilet then! Coins can be pretty useful! What do you do when you get change? Puzzled
ski holidays
Lechbob wrote:
Patch wrote,
Quote:

Some cigars and a small hip-flask of Armagnac

I like your style Very Happy , see you in the cigar lounge at the Trofana Royal wink

I'll pop in if I'm ever in Ischgl, and we can enjoy a Romeo y Julietta Cool
latest report
MarjMJ, we have to pay to use the toilets!? Isn't our custom enough? Gah.
snow report
Pay to pee? I'd rather go out the back and find a sheltered patch of snow Confused
ski holidays
Pay to pee???? Just follow the yellow drip road.
snow report
MarjMJ, Coins are flat so if I end with ones I want to keep they go in the same flat stow pocket as well.

Jeez, some people can make mountains out of molehills.
snow report
Mr Firebug got the mens version of that jacket, in an even more revolting blue, for Mont Blanc, and it's excellent. I would have gone for the womens one, pink and all, if it fitted me. I don't keep much in the pockets of the jacket, just a lift pass. Everything else goes in the side pockets of the trousers, or the backpack if I'm taking one.

btw you jest, but Icebreaker merino knickers are the way to go! Why have wicking long johns etc and then cotton undies? Howies also make them but everything I've ever had from Icebreaker has lasted for years.

http://www.icebreaker.com/site/catalog/search.html?flag=Underwear&gender=Woman

I'm telling you, it's a whole new level of warmth on the chairlift! Smile
snow report
pam w, what do you put your credit card, few note and few coins in? I put them in a very small, flat wallet. Keeps it all together Smile
I wish to confess to finding a small bumbag handy Embarassed. It provides just enough space for keep a few bits and pieces but is not so big that I can pack too much nor affect my balance greatly. Pragmatism wins over style in my book.
snow conditions
i hate back packs when skiing on piste, dont see the point and they are always in the way on lifts. I did however bruise/crack a few ribs landing on my sunglasses/ case which was in my chest pocket so dont do that anymore...
snow report
peura wrote:
I wish to confess to finding a small bumbag handy

Enormously brave of you to admit that and that's the first, most important, step in overcoming it. There is a group you can go to... here's their address www.skiclub.co.uk
snow report
firebug, one only wears Icebreaker next to one's skin Smile (though I have recently given Skins Snow leggings a test run)
ski holidays
Zero-G, are they 3/4 length ones?
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, Laughing. I don't ski because I think it's stylish (in fact my skiing is anything but).
ski holidays
arv, they are full length. I was sceptical, thinking they would be irritating under my boots and that I would have to give them the snip. However, the seams are flat and eight hours at MK revealed that they were neither noticeable nor irritating to the skin (and my boots are brand new so still very tight).
I have since bought two more pairs to ensure I always have clean ones when in resort.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Which pocket zips are best? Ones that go up to close or ones that go down to close? I prefer ones that go up because if you accidently forget to close it completely, there's less chance of the contents falling out Madeye-Smiley.
snow report
Zero-G, indeed, one simply must !!
latest report
Hey, how did you get your hands on my mug shot?! wink
ski holidays
JT,
Quote:

so if I end with ones I want to keep

I volunteer to look after all the coins you don't want to keep Very Happy

No mountains, just a joke
snow conditions
i always carry to much stuff in my jacket but after last year fall reduced the things to nothing. had phone, bottle of water 0.500 ml 2 mars bars, GPS receiver, spare hat, camera, 2pack of smokes, 2 lighters, box of matches, wallet with lots of local coins in it, keys for the place back in UK( no clue why i had them),keys for the room i was staying(forgot them in one of the pockets in the morning),sunglasses in a metal case, card for the lifts, spare batteries for the camera and a flask with alcohol(100ml). took a fall and had multiple bruises from the stuff in my pockets. Also most of the small stuff was never found. this year the plan is to have camera phone(smallest possible ),and paper money to buy all the stuff i need.
snow report
SERJOE wrote:
this year the plan is to have camera phone(smallest possible ),and paper money to buy all the stuff i need.

But no lift card?
snow conditions
i can buy it with the money wink Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy