Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Beat, Val d'Isere have you used them?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I have a hold on a double/en-suite room in Chalet Crystal (3) with Ski Beat in La Daille, Val d for the Christmas week. I've stayed in La Daille before but never used Ski Beat. Does anyone have any experience of them or, even better, know the chalet? The cost is £709 pp (we are driving ourselves) which I thought sounded ok for Christmas week. It is a select service chalet.

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beverley, I stayed with Ski Beat in La Daille last April (I don't remember the chalet name but it might've been Chalet Crystal 1 - it was the ground floor of a block). The room, the chalet, and the food were all ok. My only complaint was that the chalet hosts weren't the most hospitable, however they didn't spoil the holiday as the other guests in the chalet (I was travelling alone) were great company.

Would I go with Ski Beat again? Yes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Be careful with your dates the World championships are in Val d Isere this coming season.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 14-10-08 17:10; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I travelled with them to the world's no.1 ski resort. I would travel with them again if the price was right, as for those of us with office jobs they do have the advantage of Saturday flights (a lot of independent chalet TO's favour Sunday flights). Sorry can't comment on La Daille. From memory the food was always acceptable and extremely good on the night the resort manager was eating with us, surprise surprise...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

for those of us with office jobs they do have the advantage of Saturday flights

What's so terrible about Sunday flights for office workers Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beverley, Yes have stayed with them in VD at that chalet (our group took over all the chalets in the same building). Would certainly recommend them yes. Had two ski beat hols and both were great.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I Have only been to la plagne with them.Ours was a select chalet and it was great.Our chalet hosts were a "mature" couple who exceeded expectations in every resect.Maybe we were lucky but I would use them again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, thanks everyone. I've seen some stunning chalets in Val but they come with 'stunning' price tags Sad So, fully realise that if it's cheaper than these for Christmas week, there must be a reason. However, so long as it's clean, warm and efficient, I am not worried about the 'luxury' tag that go with the expensive ones. Does £709 for the week sound about right? I like La Daille as prefer to be just outside the main town.

Mouth, Can I ask you - was the chalet cosy and inviting? Are the rooms nice, balcony? Is it relatively quiet? It looks quite nice from their website. (see you are in Henley, I am 3 miles down the road in Wargrave!)

Will have a think and make a decision over the w/end.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beverley, Yes very cosy and inviting. Lovely bedrooms with en suite. Quiet area of town but can get the bus in the main area. Very short walk to the lift. Would recommend. We had great host as well (this always makes a difference). Ski beat offer good quality chalets and holidays. I would have no hesitation. If we didn't have our own place and were still doing chalet holidays would book with them

I drive through Wargrave every morning on way to take Mouth junior to nursery in Sonning! Small world eh? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have stayed in that chalet with Ski Beat on a couple of occasions too - great location for the lifts at La Dialle, the chalet waas everything it needed to be (warm, clean, comfortable) and the food was fine. Others in my party were very happy with the childcare service too. I would not hesitate to use the company again. I guess this counts as a recommendation?!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, Guvnor, Thank you lots for this. Husband now seen it and thinks it looks nice too. Guess that may settle it then Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Out of curiosity, are the Ski Beat chalets amongst the ones that are situated to the left of the main piste in La Daille as one skis down towards the lift?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No, they are on the opposite side of the road - behind what used to be the Mark Warner hotel (can't think of the name, sorry).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor, thanks.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing wrote:
I agreed not to comment on Ski Beat when accepting compensation from them a few years ago.

Surely it was boredsurfin who agreed to that wink

Several years back now - but stayed with Ski BEat in La Tania and was fine
snow report
Just checked World Champs are Feb. 2nd until Feb 15th.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 14-10-08 17:13; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Should I be concerned??
ski holidays
Beverley, No....
ski holidays
World champs website is here http://www.valdisere2009.org/en/

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 14-10-08 17:13; edited 3 times in total
snow report
Beverley, NO. Boredsurfing, get back in your Montybear hole Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I didn't realise that the WC finishes on the second day of the UK Half term hols! That should make for some interesting traffic jams in the Valley.
ski holidays
YUP................................................................................................... Skullie
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, You'll be alright, you know the back roads Toofy Grin
snow report
Boredsurfing, but you cannot get on them for nice French policemen....locals only monsieur
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Have those nice CGSki peeps got local plates? wink
snow conditions
Yes cheating rats...... wink
snow report
redrunmarcus, What a great service snofox offers wink

and you just know it's gonna dump down all that weekend!
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, never one to complain at too much snow Cool snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beverley, Another vote of confidence for Ski Beat. Travelled with them twice (but to La Plagne, not VD, sorry) but certainly wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again. Intend to do so again this season. Food's good, service good and dedicated transfers to resort, so nice and quick with no tours of every other resort along the way. Enjoy! Very Happy
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, let us know what weeks you will be in LP!
ski holidays
Mouth, Will do! Probably be end of season rather than early - have defected (i.e. talked into) a pre-xmas trip to Zell Am See so will probably do LP in March/April ish. Hope to catch you then Very Happy
ski holidays
Thank you all for your comments.

Sorry to have unleashed something growly in Boredsurfing, and tried not to get spooked by it.

Am pretty confident we will go ahead with the chalet as it suits all our needs and even has a garage we can use.
ski holidays
what is val d'iser like for snowboarding and apres ski and the such ?
snow report
charlieduff, if you do a search on Val D'Isere you will find loads and loads of comments - some good, some not so good. It is a resort which tends to divide opinion!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy