Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
Lizzard, You scots are so tough! Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes the http://www.les2alpes.com/fr/hiver/ski-snowboard/meteo.html has only just been updated. Decided to stay in today, the roads are not cleared yet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This morning............

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wanna go and play in the snow Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately there were high winds! You could go up the the Cretes in one of the bubbles and do the black or long green one down. 10 euros, but not worth it frankly. Impossible to park, long queues, looks like high winds this weekend too.

Ah well, the views nice. Very windy right now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Ash, While that's annoying for the Mondial it might mean some accumulations which may give a base higher up to start the season off. Very Happy the village snow is sure to melt, but above the Cretes level it just might hang on. (fingers crossed smilie)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Extremely high winds at altitude today (93km/hour at once stage).

The test tents are being moved down to 1650 for the Mondial du Snowboard.

Today one extra lift on the Cretes open, but it was very windy. Thankfully a thaw has set in, as driving up the hill was hell last night even with snowchains.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Ash, I had a newsflash my email that said the Mondial du Snow would be held int he village for the first time and that the DAl are working hard to open lower lifts! this is totally mad!! All over! Laughing Laughing Laughing the only thing I hope is that it'll be ok for me getting back late on Thursday night. Shocked I should hate not to be able to get down to the house after driving all the way from Surrey in one day. Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
David Ash, I had a newsflash my email that said the Mondial du Snow would be held int he village for the first time and that the DAl are working hard to open lower lifts! this is totally mad!!

you mean, like, first time since 2003? In fact didn't I see you on the glacier that day?

Les Deux Alpes Mondial cuvee 2003
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes

They told me yesterday. Today it is extremely windy at resort level, nothing seems to be running, and I can see no tents up.

May venture out later.

That's skiing!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, so much for the Mondial du Snowboard! Very windy again today and nothing open. The snow has melted lower down as well. But for the wind ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What a shame.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof, I don't think I was on the glacier if that was the Saturday, but I was teaching on the Cretes!!

David Ash, Actually I'm rather glad it's melted lower down - I don't want too much snow when I arrive back late at night. Sad Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow on the Glacier looks good, not sure if I'd like to be up there though......a little windy looking at the live video Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got back in the middle of last night, and this morning found that last week's snow was still hanging around at above 2,000m-ish. It was -5deg at about 08.00 this morning, and chilly-ish all day. I took a photo and will post tomorrow. Looking good at the moment though. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy
snow report
easiski, glad you got back safe Madeye-Smiley

All I need to do now is work out when I can get out there too.
ski holidays
easiski, glad you made it home OK. Hopefully see you over Xmas snowHead
ski holidays
easiski, Very Happy Pleased you arrived back safely. See you in a few weeks....well 6 Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks everyone. Very Happy here's the pic I took yesterday showing how the snow is still lingering. Very Happy It's been cold and fairly sunny most of today, but clouded over around 16.00 and got distinctly chilly the moment it did that. I didn't actually go out though today (getting the IT stuff sorted I hope), but will keep you all abreast of everything that happens from now on. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
easiski, Cool
latest report
easiski, When does the season become season, rather than interseason ?
snow report
lampbus, On 29th November!!

It's been a bit cloudier all day, and I've spent the whole of it getting a plumber (found a huge leak right down into the cave etc) and trying unsuccessfully to sort out my sattelite TV reception .. grrrrr. I will try to take a photo tomorrow for all you lot at home. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, Mr R32 had a huge leak today too....he drilled through the copper pipe under the bathroom floor rolling eyes Still no shower Sad
snow report
R32, Oh no! Shocked
snow conditions
easiski, That's not quite what he shouted wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
118 days till I am there! Glad you got back ok and weren't snowed out - did you have any heat in the van? Hope the various problems get sorted quickly and you get up on some white stuff before long.
latest report
Another nice day following another cold night. this is getting boring! (no, not really) Laughing So I took a photo today where you can see the level of the snow line. You might want to compare it with some of the photos of the same view from last summer. Very Happy However it doesn't feel as though it's going to snow anytime soon, but Snow-forecast has it snowing 10cms at 2,600m on Tuesday night - I'm crossing my fingers. I did notice while out today, that the Super Diable looks complete at the moment. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, oh, i am dissapoited now, I thought you were promising photos of your cave?

I hope things arnt too soaked.
latest report
lampbus, I'll take a photo of the cave if you really like. rolling eyes The carpets I put down in summer are soaked, but the lying water has gone and it's no longer dripping through the ceiling and light fittings. Shocked Very Happy

Horrid day today, raining down here and obviously snowing up top. Good stuff. Not worth taking a photo though - too murky. Still wrestling with the sattelite dish - bah! Twisted Evil
snow report
the snow is in the town level!!there is good amount of snow up to the mountain
snow report
Well - it snowed last night and it's still snowing, but it's beginning to ease off and it's very wet down here. However I took 2 photos from the bottom of the Gentianes nursery slope: one looking up it and the other looking up towards the Diable (that's the truly murky one!). Clearly the snow down here in the village will melt, but there must be a fair bit up at the Cretes and above now. Quite promising for the season. Very Happy
Oh - and I've finally got my telly back!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Looking good! Just what we need. There must be a good base forming up the hill with the fluctuating temps. Cool
snow report
paulmck wrote:
Looking good! Just what we need. There must be a good base forming up the hill with the fluctuating temps. Cool

Yes, I agree, wet base, dense snowpack on ground, is perfect in early season to build good snowpack through the winter
snow report
It's been cold and miserable all day. Cloudy, damp, and the temp hasn't got to 0 deg at all. However, in spite of spending most of the day in the fog, I did manage to get a pic for you: Very Happy
snow conditions
Pic from the Glacier webcam today.....

snow conditions
R32, I saw that, looks fab, but lots of wind damage to the snow. At the moment I'm stuck in the fog, so I'll wait for it to clear before taking a photo. there's still snow on the ground here, but it's melting a bit now. I think the fog is just the Venosc mist though as it's quite bright - probably wouldn't have to walk far up the hill to the town before I got out of it.
latest report
It nearly cleared this afternoon - for about 10 mins and when I walked up to the town just now it was as thick there as here. Sad If you look at this http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/2alpes_lutin/interface.php?pk_interface=185&m=images&r=panoramique you can see that it doesn't go far up the hill - bah! Hopefully it'll be nicer tomorrow. No point taking a pic of fog though. Laughing
snow report
LDA has definitely disappeared!

latest report
It's a beautiful day today, sunny and blue skies. Very Happy I was worried though, first thing, that the cloud might climb again so I rushed out a took a couple of photos before 08.00 Shocked One looking across the valley, and one looking up the hill - checkout the difference from a couple of days ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy