Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
chris, Lin behind the shovel and you behind the lens......I hope your cahunas are still intact and in the right location..... Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Mrs Chris during her snow ciearing shift.
We have snow piled up over 2m high and there is nearly 1 m on the roof! Still puking down.

.... "and when you've finished that lot , you can make me some lunch luv, ok?"

... are you an exiled yorkshireman? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mark and Matt Laughing Laughing A totally staged photo! I'd just cleared everything and Lin said... "do a pic of me clearing the snow" wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, Laughing Laughing yeah yeah yeah..... wink Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chris, 1m on the roof? i'd be worried i'd have 1m in the house if our snow stayed on the roof! As it is it comes pretty much straight off and we have a shute de neige that is also well over 2m high!
this is awesome! Very Happy Off to get free lift pass tomorrow Very Happy Roll on saturday
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have La Guisane webcam on PC. Amazing amount of snow. Am getting v. excited. Staff at work think I'm more crazy than usual (if that's possible).

Meggage to all who live there- make sure you keep the snow in good condition till the 28th!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JulesB, there is an unbelieveable amount of snow!
yesterday in all villages they were trying to put as much of the snow piles down the river.

Today we quite litterally running out of places to put the bloody stuff! Clearing the drive has happend twice, despite the salt, and now i just dont know where to put tomorrow';s snow! Very Happy

saturday is going to rock
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel.,
Quote:

trying to put as much of the snow piles down the river.

I'm sure they have to, but that sounds such a waste!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is torture! Too long to wait!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only 10 days now! snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this the best start to a season in serre che? one month to go, let it keep puking it down (please) - just make sure the main road from Turin stays open!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boardbiker, one of the best I would say.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the four in my party are like kids on xmas eve!!! one month is going to be torture, even with xmas in there!!!! walking round my house in my snowboard boots now, clipping in and out my bindings...... so sad Madeye-Smiley but i live for the winter hols !!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hey guys
its snowing again! snowHead
lovely jubbly!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, i have to be honest it hasn't spotted all day snowHead Very Happy
snow report
I'm a bit of a weather geek so this link's in my favourites at the moment, the GFS ensemble plot for SC ... http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/graphe_ens3.php?x=&ext=1&y=&run=12&lat=45&lon=6.5 ... (this updates 4 times daily so keep up to date by changing the run=12 number to 18, 0 or 6 depending on the time).

I'm staying at L'Alpaga in Villeneuve 21st-28th and so've been keeping a keen interest on what the weather's been bringing & the squiggly lines a few days ahead for Serre Chevalier for the last couple of weeks have so far been very useful. As well as a bit more snow overnight and through tomorrow, there's another 30 cm of snow possible to come from the early hours of Sunday (although this is quite a narrow band of precipitation so might bring much more (or less) ...

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-2-84.png?12 ...

... right through until Monday evening ... http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-2-126.png?12

Things then start to go into the realms of computer model total fantasy but following all that new snow, early indications are that high pressure may well move in to keep the days dry, warm and settled under sunshine and blue sky ... http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-0-264.png?12

Perfect. Little Angel
snow conditions
so just how much snow IS there? reports that i can find say 150 oop top, 120 mid station and a 'mere' 45 i the valley..... i assume that this may be a bit out of date ....
snow conditions
well i cleared 40 odd cm last friday, which fell ontop of a good 20cm (plus in places)
then its snowed on saturday another 10 to 20cm
then today we had another 40ish.

total.......

lots! Very Happy
latest report
mmmmm yum! lmao Now THATS what i call a gr8 snow report! Thnaks Snowangel snowHead
snow report
woke up this morning only about 4 to 5 cm down here and not snowing.
by the time i took the little one to school its was snowing big flakes again.

Drive has been cleared so we'll have a good idea of how much falls today! Very Happy
snow report
Serre che webby reporting 230 top and 70 valley,

snowHead
latest report
Mattmulkeen, snowHead snowHead
latest report
Helen Beaumont,

Serre Che was your idea way back in september - so ta very much!!!

snowHead
ski holidays
come on, who is excited about opening day tomorrow in Serre Che??????? Snowangel you must be chopping on the bit??? This time next month for me... come on!!

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
boardbiker, whatever gave you that impression! yes gagging at the bit cannot wait! will stop to take photo's i promise!
snowHead
ski holidays
i ment chomping btw doh! its the excitement.... Embarassed

More pics, please.... must be like xmas eve for you Snowangel.... snowHead
snow report
the best thing is that all the trees are still white and have been for a couple of weeks now. love snow covered trees and intend to ride through many!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So so jealous, Ive been checking the webcams and seeing people on the slopes is just unfair!

Are there any lift pass deals on in Serre Che this season, the 2 for 1 offer through some TA's isn't valid on the 25th when we travel so wondered if there are likely to be any offers in resort? Anything that in some way compensates for the trash € rate will be a welcome bonus.

Looks as though the apres ski beer will be drank at more leisurely pace this year as at this rate a pint will be dearer than nightclub prices at home.
snow report
Cafu No for adults. There are family passes and student discounts available, and 10% off right at the end of the season.
snow conditions
two words to describe today.

so sick Very Happy

i must admit i'm a total plonka, took my camera but left the battery at home! rolling eyes but i got my friend to take a couple of shots for me.

some pretty dicy bits today, with snow cannon snow ontop of powder, seriously throws you off your line! otherwise the pow was superb some of the best i've ridden.
I stayed briancon chantemerle as i had to pick up my little one at 12 and we then went and rode together.

Great day, great start to the season, roll on tomorrow snowHead
snow conditions
snowangel., lucky you.
snow report
We're thinking of renting our apartment in St Chaffrey, does anybody know anybody who can service the apartment between rentals. Ta Puzzled
latest report
so jealous!! i've also been looking at the webcams today.... didnt seem to be many people on the pistes tho - but the tracks off piste ..... looks like some people had fun!!!! snowHead
latest report
johnnyboy1, I think they only rent appartments in Monetier. But you could still enquire http://www.eurekaski.com/plus.htm
snow conditions
johnnyboy1, drop me an email with details etc and either i or another friend might be able to help you
snow report
boardbiker, opening day is one of the best days of the season. there is generally no tourists here (or very few) so its just us locals and the seasonairs that get first dibs up there. its awesome riding off piste runs that the skiers haven't had a chance to mogul up yet.
only trouble is i have so many bruises and aches and pains today is a non riding day! but the weather is closing in and tomorrow i have no child so a chance ot ride the whole mountain!
snow report
snowangel., Do I just go through the link from coolbeanies to contact you? We're out on 30th December for a week so we could meet up if I can get the kids off the mountain!!
snow conditions
johnnyboy1, can do or kimblewig@hotmail.com
ski holidays
snowangel., - so... whats its like out there today??? please Embarassed

Webcams gave impression that werent many people about and visibility wasnt great Sad

My boards waxed and my bags are ready to be packed...... just got to get thru xmas and new year now.......... Razz

Any pics???
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy