Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
bring on the pics of the new snow!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
one quick rant of the day.

people who drive to slow in the snow, people who dont have decent cars to drive in the snow. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1 hour to get from home to villard st pancras and back. ahhhhhhhhhhh

incidentally i only just made it back up my hill myself!

so so so so so much snow!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowHead beaucoup de dumpage Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
just cleared the drive alone, hve to do it quick now as the new roof moves the snow in a bad place so it needs to be shovelled so the car can fit in.
Anyway, but the time i cleared the 30cm of snow off the drive there was another 5 on the first bit i did! Laughing
love it snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel., Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fantastic - the great snow (hoping it continues) will make up for the shocking € rate making lift passes consinderably dearer. €1.10/£ yesterday, that sucks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the dates so far:

17 Dec - ? jackamo321,
20 Dec - 27 Dec Christopher,
21 Dec - 28 Dec moffatross,
28 Dec - 8 Jan Helen Beaumont,
28 Dec - ? Mattmulkeen,
28 Dec - 4 Jan Newageloafer,
8 Jan - ? Dodge
11 Jan - ? boardbiker,
11 Jan - ? MagSeven,
17 Jan - 24 Jan solstice21,
24 Jan - 21 Feb marmalade,
25 Jan - ? cafu,
31 Jan - 6 Apr rich.II

I'm off to Tignes now (tonight snowHead ) so if any are wrong I will change them next week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also 8th -20th March Helen Beaumont
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marmalade, did you know that if you get a holiski pass you can use it for both serre che and tignes
not sure if it works out cheaper than 2 weeks or what ever passes but you only get charged for the days you ski and you pay at least 15% less that the normal day price. Its even cheaper on the weekends.

And you can use it in tons and tons of resorts, infact anywhere that company des alpes has anything to do with
www.holiski.com/fr
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, snowangel.,

Yeah got own boots and board - thank you for all your info Little Angel

Sounds like the snow is great already!!!

This will be my second full week in the resort and i know i havent seen more than half of it, recommendations for areas to snowboard? Places to eat in the area once off the slopes? Where is the sauna and pool, anywhere near Cimotel?

Keep the weather updates coming.... excitement off the scale!!!! (the complete opposite to the euro/sterling exchange rate, which appears to have fallen OFF the scale Crying or Very sad )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boardbiker, monetier is about 10 minute drive away. There is also a spa in chantemerle

You'll probably find yourself in La grotte a lot and mojo's as they are very close. There is also le Frog just up the road
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sat 6th.

more snow this morning, about 8cm on the drive.
Was supposed to go snowboarding in Monty today, but i have so many blisters on my hands that i've had to remove my wedding rings and i cant move my shoulders properly! Next weeks opening day is more important to me, plus i have guests arriving and a pony to go spend time with.

So will tell you all about monty when the others come back.
Have a good weekend!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
monetier from the road back from le lauzet

st chaffrey this lunch time, picture book pretty

roche pic brun, briancon taken from the road to st chaffrey (which you can see is quite trecherous)

as this person found out!

snow forecast for wednesday snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., I'm suprised they haven't cleared that road. In peak time i.e. 20th December, will they do a better job of clearing the roads??? why didnt that van have snow chains either??

I don't want to show my father that picture.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christopher, lol with snow tyres you dont really need snow chains unless its really thick, they tyres work really well.
will they do a better job? The main roads are fine. Funnily enough the worst place for snowy roads has been not only st chaffrey but Monetier despite the bits inbetween being fine!
We have had a lot of snow. On friday they were clearing snow from 5am, but it was coming so hard ontop of lots it was hard for them to keep ontop of it. Still they do do a great job, imagine if this was the uk with that amount of snow.! rolling eyes
ski holidays
snowangel., well our hire car doesn't have snow tyres unfortunatly. Just snow chains.

That post wasn't particularly reassuring. Shocked

How well do they clear the resedential roads? especially in Monetier?
snow report
Christopher, i'd love to be really possative but when its bucket's down with snow like it has there will be a time when you will have to use snow chains. You want a dump of snow, well snow doesn't come without its problems! Dont worry, if its that bad dont drive!
snow conditions
Christopher, so don't show it to him then! And you can't tell whether that van had chains on or not, as trhe drive wheels are in the ditch. Laughing
snow report
snowangel.,

cheers for the pics - i am giddy like a six year old kid now!!!

Christopher,

you'll be reet, show your dad the picture and then watch the end of the italian job - it'll keep him focussed.
latest report
looks good kids Smile
snow conditions
snowangel - thanks for all the photos. We're also in cimotel from 11th jan, arriving (as long as we don't end up sitting on a transfer coach for several hours, waiting for other flights to land) - at lunchtime - is regis sport fairly easy to find, as one of us needs skis and we fancy trying to sneak that extra half day skiing in on sat pm?
ski holidays
phillipe sport is opposite the cimotell as is various other shops, see if they're open i'm pretty sure they will be
ski holidays
k, i'm in on Cimotel on 11th Jan - where you flying into? We're coming into Turin.

With this amount of snow i think we are ALL gonna try and get the extra timeon the piste in!!! bring it on!!
snow report
boardbiker - we arrive in turin at 9.15am...I was originally cursing the 6am flight but now it seems like one of our better plans...only 34 sleeps to go...and snowangel, thanks
snow report
snowangel. Great pics, I'm as excited as a little kid on xmas eve....and I've still got over a month to go Sad
snow conditions
k,
We dont land in turin til 10am.... lets hope you dont have to wait for us and others behind us...... only 34 sleeps? oh you HAD to say THAT didnt you.... Razz

How many in your group? All skiers? or have some seen the light...... wink
latest report
k,
We dont land in turin til 10am.... lets hope you dont have to wait for us and others behind us...... only 34 sleeps? oh you HAD to say THAT didnt you.... Razz

How many in your group? All skiers? or have some seen the light...... wink
latest report
I can say with some degree of certainty that the 9.15 flight will be waiting for people off the 10am one. I'll be most surprised if it is otherwise
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just the 2 of us and both skiers... We're fairly easy to spot - just look for the man with a south african accent and a beer in his hand, looking for a telly to watch some rugby...that's Mr K, not me...
latest report
Seems like there will be a few snowheads in Serre Che from the 11th Jan! I'll be there too.
snow report
MagSeven, i'll be there too!

and can you add me to the list, i feel all left out! i am there from 2004 till forever! wink
snow conditions
Of course Snowangel will be there as well! (but we're all just a bit jealous that you're there permanently!)

I worked a summer in Villeneuve in 2003, and have done a couple of winters in Montgenevre. I love that area of the alps, so am doubly jealous!!
latest report
snowangel., - you are a very very lucky person! I'd LOVE to be there all the time too!! this will be my third visit there, each year getting nearer to the piste!!

k, - Myself and Milky (one of the group) are fans of the odd shape ball (and a beer), so if you cant find Mr K anywhere.... he'll prob be in a bar with us watching a game!! sorry rolling eyes

MagSeven, - mebbies we can arrage a meet up - we have skier and boarders in our group, so ALL welcome snowHead
latest report
boardbiker, it was definately one of my best ideas with my life so far Very Happy Cant believe its my 5th winter! has passed so quick!

beautiful day here, sun has just risen. Snow is due tonight which is why we had some lovley red and black clouds thsi morning!

Went to Monty yesterday, was ok just full of italians as it was there bank holiday. Still got some good lines. And in true Kim style have managed to injure myself before our season has even started.

one sore knee and a very bad s houlder (re injured i i think as this problem has been going on a while) My daughter's physio gave me a tens machine to use! Great stuff, knee no longer hurts but shoulder isn't good!

Definatley get a tens machine for pain! works great Very Happy
snow conditions
snowangel., Great Pix. Only got till March to wait... snowHead snowHead

Impressed you like the tens - must admit I am not keen on the tingly tingly...
ski holidays
Webcams suggest it has snowed again! and more snow is forecasted for later in the week! snowHead
latest report
Christopher, huge snowfalls last night/this morning. The most snow I've known in 7 seasons. I'm getting fed up with shovelling the stuff! Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 10-12-08 11:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
chris, i second that! i'm really hoping someone will help me today with the drive as my shoulder just cannot do it Sad Amazing amount of snow again awesome! Just off out to get the little one her snowboard and ski boots for the season Very Happy
snow report
chris, snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Mrs Chris during her snow ciearing shift.
We have snow piled up over 2m high and there is nearly 1 m on the roof! Still puking down.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy