Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A gondola with sauna cabin built in Finland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doppelmayr builds a gondola lift with sauna in one of the cabins. This type of cabin is the second in the world, the first one was also built by Doppelmayr in Levi in 2000.
The new eight-person-cabin is built in the Finish ski resort of Ylläs close to the Swedish border.

The articles in German:
http://vorarlberg.orf.at/magazin/klickpunkt/imlaendle/stories/296468/

http://www.vol.at/news/vorarlberg/artikel/welterste-saunagondel-in-finnland/cn/news-20080730-10505449

and only the pictures:
http://digital.vol.at/bildserie/Doppelmayr_baute_Saunagondel/index.shtml
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why would anyone want this Shocked then again, it's Finland.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Better be a long lift by the time you get all you kit off to sit naked you would have to put it back on again Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have translated the vol.at article into English for anyone whose German is weaker than mine (sorry for any mistakes I may have made). Lapin Kulta (as written on the gondola) is a well-known Finnish beer, probably the equivalent of Budweiser (US) or Carling (UK).

---

Doppelmayr completes five new lifts in Finland this season, including the world's first sauna gondola at Ylläs

Lift company Doppelmayr have installed a new gondola within the Ylläs ski area near the Swedish border. The 8-person "Ylläs 1" is the largest lift in Finland, as well as only the second gondola in the country; Doppelmayr installed the first Finnish gondola, with the capacity for 6 users per cabin, at Levi in 2000.

In addition to being the longest lift in Finland at 2km, the new Ylläs lift also offers a VIP cabin and - uniquely - a sauna cabin, which is heated by an electrical connection when the sauna cabin is in the lift station. To use the sauna, guests kit themselves out with swimwear while the sauna cabin is in the base station, which is then linked into the main lift system. The round trip lasts 13 minutes; just in case, warm clothes and a fire extinguisher are also packed into the cabin.

---

The comments on the news site aren't uniformly favourable: PlemmPlemmLand (??) asks who would need such a daft thing, but reminders readers that - in this day and age - no product is so stupid that there isn't a customer somewhere. A rebuttal comes from Dinu who asks that PlemmPlemmLand hold off calling people dumb before knowing the genesis of the idea: apparently a customer suggested it.

Tepesch points out that a speedy exit in case of overheating might be risky during transit, but luckily Obertom has a solution: just open the door and you'll be cold soon enough.

juls84 winds up the comments with a joke, suggesting that here, finally, is a solution to circulation problems in the sauna. Good one, juls84 wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shallimus wrote:
...for anyone whose German is weaker than mine..

Or non existent, in my case - thanks for the translation Very Happy

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To the British skiers it makes more sense to turn the sauna into a bar serving drinks.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A gondola with a bar...now there's an idea Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The comments on the news site aren't uniformly favourable:

An argument? On the internet? Holy Donuts Batman.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a gondola with a bar in the sauna - now that sounds more like it !! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops,

How can you tell where the warm beer from from the bar off a sauna?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
saikee, what? have you been on the sauce? wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly wrote:
An argument? On the internet? Holy Donuts Batman.

I disagree! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy