Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Nah, this one has been going since the original challenge in 2008 Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Respect...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thread ressurection! I am planning on doing this and hitting the glacier and arguille rouge on the way through. only problem is I am starting from les coches - the middle of the area. any tips from those who have done it recently?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BrokenSkier, We didn't do it at Xmas/New Year as the snow cover was a bit iffy. Best advice is to start early and check lift closing times for getting back!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bump
Any of the lifts been replaced on the Les Arc side yet? snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin, always worth reviving, if only for the fantasy element Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim, Laughing Yep, and I still have the Gillet wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok update on my Paradiski Challenge Exploits:

Feb 2014 - started at les coches, headed out to monty and did the full loop including plagne glacier to express in one run (not a single stop for a rest either), and the arguille rouge to villaroger run, back to express in time for a drink before the last lift.

Jan 2015 - snow coverage too poor so did a peak challenge, hit every named/heighted peak on the paradiski map - good fun and keeps you nice and high.

Feb 2016 - hopefully both combined...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A real blast from the past.....

must dig out the Gillet for new year, now that we have the Gondola in Monty just think of the possibilities for a fast time Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I still have one somewhere, but needs the zip replacing. Think the records will tumble now with all the new lifts on both sides. Might have to have a special day this season when some of us give it another try. A quiet day in Jan might be best. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still got my (working) gilet, but I leave it in 1950: it's a little 'garish' to wear at home!

Every year I say we're going to do this, and every year there seems to be a reason we don't... OK, Commitment time: Going to go for it during w/c 16th Jan!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Now this sounds like fun...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll be there w/c 10th Jan - might have to have 2 goes at it though, as I'll be there with a bunch of boarders. So one attempt with them, then another attempt without them slowing the skiers down Twisted Evil

It's a great challenge - quite excited about silly things like this!

What is all the talk about gilets though? What are you referring to?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@fixx, see pages 4,5,6,7 and 8 of this thread...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting history on this thread of the ups and downs of Paradiski lifts.
Thread started 2008 (i still have my gillette snowHead ), and the Vanoise promptly shut down! Sad
boredsurfin, then bumped the thread the following year when the new 1800 and Bergerie lifts went in, charliwest, bumped for 2010/11. Then a gap until boredsurfin bumped again for 2013/14 when Coqs was removed and you had to go all the way down to La Roche.
And now we have another boredsurfin revival with the arrival of the new Montalbert Gondola.
I'm sure there have been a number of changes on the Les Arcs side, but as a Plagnite, i never notice them.
I've actually not yet done this run from one end to the other - maybe 2015/16 is the year . . .

Roll on next year when the Cogs returns Smile
latest report
@Jonpim, on a pedantic note Coqs is not returning!
A new lift (physically the old Montalbert lift) called Envers will be built this coming summer, starting near where the old Coqs started BUT only going up to the ridge above and thus coming out near the top of La Roche and Golf.
It is rumoured that SAP ( Satisfaction And Passion wink ) the La Plagne lift co. want to remove the Golf chairlift but have left the decision until Envers is in operation.
snow report
As someone who sometimes struggles with a piste map (not always 100% which way the runs are going) does anyone have a recommended route for this?
ski holidays
Great to see the thread been resurrected again!

@cmperry79, which end are you starting from? I need to dig out a pistemap before I can recommend best route as have forgotten many lift and piste names since we last skiied it
snow conditions
And it is a good thread!!!!

I’m staying in Bellecote but intend on heading to the Les Arc end first and will start there to get a clear run at it, albeit hampered by my snowboarding buddies (in fairness they’re quick but need to keep the skier/boarder banter going).

We’re going outside of silly season (unless you count Brexiting 31st Jan as a silly time!!!!) so hopefully lift queues won’t slow us too much.
snow report
Quote:

so hopefully lift queues won’t slow us too much.

Well that is the main thing. The Arpette lift in La Plagne can have 10 minute or longer queues, which is longer than it takes to get from the Col de la Chal to the Lanchette lift.
snow conditions
The best thing about this thread is some of the times claimed.
Just the time spent on lifts would exceed some of those times.
And many seem to ignore time for Vanoise express.
Surely some of the challenge is how to deal with actual or potential lift queues.

I've still yet to do the full challenge starting at Montalbert, but often do 1800 to Villaroger.
Just avoid Fridays - hordes seem to leave their trip to the last day and the queue for Vanoise can be silly.
latest report
We're only over there for nearly 4 days (Sat-Tues). Perhaps make the effort on Monday to avoid the weekend. Would do Tuesday but we have to slam it down the mountain in time for a late flight that evening.
snow report
@Jonpim, When we put this together back in 2008 (!) We decided to stop and restart the timing at the Vanoise as it was inconsistent - sometimes only one cabin running, sometimes two etc.
The informal record afaik is held by an ex French world champion and an English ex National champion - interestingly both lost each other on the way but met up in La Ferme at the same time Laughing (Perfect conditions 3rd week of January during lunchtime)

The really old results thread is here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46446#1109437
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy