Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Montalbert La Plagne Villaroger Paradiski Challenge

Poster: A snowHead
Boredsurfing, and I thought this was a Challenge. Confused
Not so. It is a tea party, and general chit-chat occasion.
You gone soft m'lad.
Lunch? Beer? Loo stop? Shocked
Clearly should be renamed the Montalbert-Villaroger Amble with time-outs allowed whenever you wish. For Wooses.

Now, the Val Thorens Waffle Quest: there is a real challenge. For Real Men. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boredsurfing, snowcrazy, thanks to both for a fun day's skiing with good company yesterday Very Happy. Can confirm that the snow's powdery and plentiful and the pistes were ready and waiting for the Xmas onslaught. The VE seemed very stable and is remarkably fast. We then cruised on to Villaroger at a steady but not blistering pace - just to give all you others a realistic chance at the Challenge! Just to prove we were there:

surfette1, boredsurfing and snowcrazy: proof they were there!

1st Joint snowHeads-Disney Club Meeting beneath Mickey Mouse clock at Disneyland 1950

view from Les Arcs over towards La Plagne

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ambled over to Villaroger again today with a friend who has a GPS
The only relevant fact is that Montalbert to Villaroger is 23.4 miles Very Happy
Apparently once downloaded we get graphs and lots of other info Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing wrote:
The only relevant fact is that Montalbert to Villaroger is 23.4 miles Very Happy

Is that as the crow flies, or up hill and down dale?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

Is that as the crow flies, or up hill and down dale?

It's what the GPS watch thingy said Embarassed The GPS is used for joging so I guess actual route travelled?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, a quick play with Google Earth says 12.5 miles in a straight line.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, I skied from our side last wed with a group. Very easy speed and it took about 2hrs 30min to the resturant above Montalbert where we stopped. I did not have a go today as planned, to lazy. Maybe next saturday? By the time we got back the youngsters with us were quite tired so 23 miles each way sounds about right.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowcrazy, Tired youngsters, sounds ideal wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, did you upload the GPS track to the google earth converter ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
we skied across to the vanoise exp yesterday from montalbert for a reccie prior to a go at the challenge later in the week, took 1hr 20 inc a 10 min lift breakdown

I am thinking new year's day for the challenge as pistes should be quiet
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fishslice, no, it's not my GPS.

Roger C, Good plan!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
safely back home after a cracking week with the family in Montalbert

as planned foxthesnow (my brother in law matt) and I completed the challenge on new year's day taking advantage of the relatively quiet slopes, quieter than the rest of the busy NY week anyway!

there was fresh snow on the pistes from the snow the night before which slowed us down a bit, full details of times are on the results thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1120805#1120805

but we got the first lift from Montalbert at 9am and were back at 2.23pm so total time including the Vanoise express crossing both ways and picnic lunch in Villaroger was 5 hrs 23

we didnt have bad queues anywhere and only had one lift stoppage for about 5 mins so without the fresh snow and in a quiet week I reckon 4.5hrs may be possible if you eat lunch on the lifts Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok wellback now and I did the challenge a week ago with Boredsurfing, and the so mentioned friend with the GPS and a nast case of the flu. We did not do a timed run as such. Left Montalbert around 10.30am and arrived in Villaroger and La ferme for a 1.30pm lunch stop. This was in fact the biggest challnge of the day as we had to eat our lunch in record time to ensure we got all the lifts back and did not miss our last lift in LP to get back to our village. I was on my board so the thouight of missing Adrets and having to board home along that cross country route sent shivers down my ski legs.

All credit to Boredsurfing, for ensuring that I was pulled along any flat bits en route!!

I plan to do a timed run in 3 weeks... when we are all flu and cold free......... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, And therin lies the problem of attempting the challenge with "Harry Half-a-day" Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Mouth, And therin lies the problem of attempting the challenge with "Harry Half-a-day" Toofy Grin Laughing

I know and the reason we did not get away until 10.30 was that his lordship was not up and then had to clean teeth etc. We were at left waiting for him for at least half and hour
ski holidays
I am in resort if you want to arrange to pick up your gilets
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, welcome. Rebecca mentioned you had arrived Friday. See you in 3 weeks and please don't drink the village dry before we return Toofy Grin
ski holidays
redrunmarcus, did you get my pm. Are you around wed (tomorrow) , give me a call if you are so we can meet.
snow report
We go to Montalbert on 18th for the first time - any ideas on the best route to take?
what is the current time to beat???

I love a challenge - my hubby may not be so chuffed but I'll drag him along! Skullie
latest report
waterskibabe, Results here
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109438#1109438
Best route? well, thats part of the fun Toofy Grin
snow report
Have we got any times for boarders doing it? Bf and I are in Paradiski for 2 weeks from 17th
latest report
Nadenoodlee, I did it the other week on my board but did not time it. Just sorting out the best route. We are back out on 24th so maybe we shall bump into you fellow baorder and bf? Plan to do the timed challenge with my OH but he may well ski depending on conditions. Where are you staying?
snow report
Mouth, we're down in Bourg for 2 weeks - aiming to do Espace Killy & Paradiski
snow report
Nadenoodlee, I think you forgot another little resort wink
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, ha ha - did that last year and loved it Razz I will miss Emma's amazing cooking this trip - as it will be down to me and the BF and Mr Jamie Oliver (alas in book form not physical) to lovingly prepare our own food as we will be self catering (first time in 6 years!)

If anyone is in the vicinity when we're out there PM me if you want to meet up - trying to convince BF that snowheads is not a cult snowHead
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Mouth, we're down in Bourg for 2 weeks - aiming to do Espace Killy & Paradiski

Wow great choice. Can I recommend restaurant in BSM Le kosy. After station and the roundabout on LHS opposite Hostellerie de Petit St Bernard. Had a great meal there one night last week with french friends.

Trying to convince BF may be a challenge. My other half even though he has met some SH still insists on calling us geeks. They are only jealous. It takes courage to be a SH these days... Toofy Grin
latest report
Mouth, was is ok price wise. It has changed hands resently.
latest report
Nadenoodlee, PM me when you get to BSM, if my knee feels better I would love to join you on my board. Not yet done it with the board this season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy wrote:
Mouth, was is ok price wise. It has changed hands resently.

yes not too bad (well if you can say that with the euro rate!). We went a few years ago with Emerson as a baby in summer but would say better now. Food was excellent.
snow report
Posted todays times, we stayed in Les Arcs for the day so no return time.
As it was saturday many of the lifts were running slowly and one lift wasn't running at all.
ntfarmer thinks that the bove cost 10 mins extra in Plagne and 7/8 mins in Les arcs. Very Happy
ski holidays
Thought about going for it today, but having not enjoyed the bottom of the run to Villaroger a week or so ago as so icy, then i thought I might leave it til next saturday, hopefully after a bit more snow it should be nicer - still gives me some time next week to research routes..
ski holidays
bertie bassett, Only small amount was icy today the last 100 yds and the road to la ferme Very Happy
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
bertie bassett, Only small amount was icy today the last 100 yds and the road to la ferme Very Happy

ok maybe a sneeky practice run on wed/thr prior to 'going for it next satruday then' - besides I need to get over there to pick up my gilet...
latest report
The Dorset lot are wearing their gilets with pride now. Last saturday, Montalbert-Villaroger and back in less than a day Very Happy
Ex-Trappeur Rosario gave us a good tip to have lunch in Chalet du Solliet. It was, as he described it, "Verry nize".
We all had a fantastic week in Montalbert meeting up with some of our freindly neighbours from Les Granges - Tone and Debz - Garth, Sylv, Chris and "Rear-Entry" Roy. (We think it's to do with his ski boots.......)
It was great to share a few drinks and many, many laughs with Cock of the North and Clair from CGSKI and also, towards the end of the week, it was nice to be able to put a face to the names of Boredsurfing and Ntfarmer. Pity we missed Redrunmarcus, but have no fear, your bonus for supplying the gilets will be poured in full. I suppose the main reason for the trip, (putting as much money as we could into Christophe's till), was deemed a success. We'll have to try a bit harder with that next year, and, of course, try and shave a few minutes off the 8 hours it took us to complete the challenge.
Many thanks to all the friendly people in Montalbert.
snow report
Soaranski, Welcome to snowHeads Very Happy See you all next time in Montalbear
ski holidays
Soaranski, welcome to SH and glad that the village welcomed you with open arms and glad that you met so many SH on your trip. Personally I think the challenge is best done in 8 hours as so much to explore t'other side of VE.
snow report
Mouth wrote:
Boredsurfing, I think you should take the total time from leaving MB to arriving at La Ferme rather than splitting the times. You should also post time take to get back.
Copied from results thread to avoid cluttering that thread with chit chat

To expect a time for both directions would be a bit harsh for people who only purchase the one day La Plagne or Les Arcs extension to take part which at todays rates costs around £26.50!
Also La Ferme is not easy to find if you have not been to Villarog before as Richard Hammond discovered on Top Gear,
and boredsurfin did post the following at the begining of this thread Very Happy
Quote:
The fastest time on snow between Montalbert and Villaroger.
(Or one end of Paradiski to the other.)
Simply post your fastest time on the results thread for either or both directions.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Point made.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:

Also La Ferme is not easy to find if you have not been to Villarog before as Richard Hammond discovered on Top Gear,

You've got to be a bit daft to miss it - it's really not that hard to find. I hit it right on the nose on my first ever trip to Villaroger...

Planning on doing the challenge this saturday unless I get side-tracked into a powder fest...
snow report
Went from Vallandry to Villaroger last week which was fun - went via the Aguille Rouge at long last. 5th time there and first time have managed to get up there - been defeated by queues, wind, childcare, offer of beer before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy