Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg 2008/2009

Poster: A snowHead
More snow in forecast for Saturday but I think its more likely to happen tonight & whilst everyone goes home tomorrow We will have Private Powder Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Stanton - so how was Thursdays' Powder session? I shall be in the resort a-week-on-Sunday (1st Feb) so am hoping it continues to dump all this week. Enjoy the fresh…
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pipeman wrote:
Hey Stanton - so how was Thursdays' Powder session? I shall be in the resort a-week-on-Sunday (1st Feb) so am hoping it continues to dump all this week. Enjoy the fresh…

These guys can tell you about it Very Happy

http://www.pistetopowder.com/index.php?p=13-46-44&url=www.pistetopowder.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from Lech - loads of new snow over the past 4 days - brilliant.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing in St Anton still, but transfer day tomorrow so no chance to enjoy and a long day as there will inevitably be delays Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No more significant snow for the next week . May get a little dandruff Tuesday,Wednesday but otherwise sunny.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
saturday was an excellent day up on Rendl.. no one around and the sun was out in the afternoon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from St Anton yesterday after being there for the week. Hadn't been before but wow what an amazing resort, I loved it! Very Happy The snow was brilliant, great terrain, apres ski is brilliant, great atmosphere and also I found the prices of the food and drink to be cheaper than say Tignes on the whole.

Will definitely be going back.

What I'd like to ask having not been there before at all is that was last week's snow conditions about the same as it is usually in January or was it better than usual?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VolklAttivaS5, you do seem to have had a few trips already this season Very Happy

I like St Anton too and have found conditions good every time I have been there, for example knee deep powder first week of Dec last season, perfect pistes in Jan/Feb too, and good conditions even in April especially if you move from Gampen to Galzig to Rendl from morning to afternoon
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, I have indeed although this one to St Anton is my lot now for this season unless I can get myself to the EoSB! I am gonna try!

Good to know you have found good snow whenever you have been as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK folks next week starting Monday night we could be getting another good 2 day dump Very Happy Very Happy Maybe the start of the massive February Dumps !!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, good news for those going skiing to St Anton over the next week or so then!

rayscoops,
Quote:

I like St Anton too and have found conditions good every time I have been there, for example knee deep powder first week of Dec last season, perfect pistes in Jan/Feb too, and good conditions even in April especially if you move from Gampen to Galzig to Rendl from morning to afternoon

Yes, it started snowing the day after I arrived and snowed every day that week I think apart from the Thursday, so the pistes had loads and loads of snow on them and the off piste was about knee deep or more even potentially in places. Even before all the snow came though the pistes were in good condition despite the resort having a "busier" period recently over Christmas and New Year for skier traffic than the week I was there. The day I had with Piste to Powder on the Thursday was a bluebird day, couldn't have worked out better actually considering I'd booked it on the Monday evening when it was belting it down and poor visibility. Toofy Grin

I reckon it's the best ski resort I've been to so far for all round enjoyment factor anyway for your piste and off piste skiing, although probably my joint favourite with Tignes for the same. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
[b]I reckon it's the best ski resort I've been to so far for all round enjoyment factor anyway for your piste and off piste skiing, although probably my joint favourite with Tignes for the same. Very Happy

I think you are the first person I have ever heard comparing St Anton & Tignes for all round ski trip Shocked Shocked

BTW. Xmas & New Year was not busy this year.

Avalanche Report.

http://homes.tiscover.com/RGN16at/lawine/lageberichte/LLBTirol_en.pdf

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 29-01-09 17:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it still quiet up there Stanton ? I am up at Lech on Saturday for the first itme. Looks like a good forecast
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevev, make sure you stop at the ice/champagne bar at the foot of the Kriegenhorn chair (even just to peek inside) and lunch in Oberlech or at the Rudalpe
latest report
stanton wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
[b]I reckon it's the best ski resort I've been to so far for all round enjoyment factor anyway for your piste and off piste skiing, although probably my joint favourite with Tignes for the same. Very Happy

I think you are the first person I have ever heard comparing St Anton & Tignes for all round ski trip Shocked Shocked

BTW. Xmas & New Year was not busy this year.

I am saying that I enjoy both Tignes and St Anton for both piste and off piste skiing, not comparing. They are in different countries yes and are very different individually but there is plenty of terrain at both for good skiers to enjoy so with regards to that I love both resorts Very Happy .

Yes I thought it might not be as busy there this year at Christmas & New Year admittedly, but was it not busier then than it was last week? Last week was "off season week" and Christmas & New Year are "high season weeks"-was it just the same?
snow conditions
Weather has changed. Fohn wind from the South Monday Tuesday (warm possibly upto 2000M ) above 0C in town .

Snow very likely after the Fohn probably Thursday...
ski holidays
I noticed the forecast was warming up in the week. I went to Lech today, did the weisserring, very busy on the ring, the alpine run into Zug was pretty cut up and 'interesting' especially in the crowds. Didn't like the area as much as St Anton, seemd pretty btoken up, quite a few flats on the ring.

St Anton was better, Ischgl even better.
snow conditions
Folks, Fohn ending this Friday, temperatures going now next week snowing Saturday 7th to town level !
latest report
Good news indeed- how are conditions holding up? what are the numbers in resort like (i know that this is still the low season - but is it "lower" than normal in your estimation?)
snow report
Less People. Conditions are Excellent .

You can get an idea of British bookings this season just check next week and available spaces in these chalets (there are lot of other chalets).
Thats 305 Total Sleep Places. 158 Free Sleep places only around 48% occupancy.
http://www.stantonchalets.co.uk/ski_deals.asp

The Hotels are NOT full following Week 14th even though its kids holidays in Germany,Holland & UK plus its Fasching Very Happy
latest report
stanton, well that is a nice surprise - will be arriving that week and was (and still am) expecting a scrum ... however if it is a slightly less manic scrum, I will be extremely happy Very Happy ... and even happier if the expected snows arrive hard and heavy(-ish, lets stay away from the avalanche risk, people) between now and then snowHead
ski holidays
Hi,

I'll arrive to St. Cristoph in 10 days and I'm starting to look at the weather forecasts. In snow-forecast.com the temperatures forecasted are a bit extreme:
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/St-Anton/6day/mid

Is this reliable information ?
snow report
Carlos L
I usually find them fairly accurate, altohugh the temps are usually not so bad. We went to Lech a few weeks ago expecting -22 at the top, it was nowhere near so cold
snow conditions
Carlos_L, stevev, better is http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/vorarlberg/lech/

You will not be short of snow! snowHead
ski holidays
I am 60mile from St anton, in Friedrichshafen, and it is very stormy here, high winds, lots of rain. Looks like some of that is coming down as snow in the mountains
latest report
stevev, the website for Lech is showing an excellent snow dump as we speak! snowHead
latest report
yeah it is snowing down here on the lake as well. all the local webcams are just white, I just hope it clears for Saturdays ski trip. not sure where to go yet, Flims-Laax, St Anton or Ischgl.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevev, oh i feel for you ... having to make such a difficult choice rolling eyes snowHead
ski holidays
doogo, spoilt for choice, but they all look foggy today, hope it clears up for saturday. StAnton is now top choice as the other bloke hasn't been there.

Is there more snow on the off-piste stuff stanton?
snow report
Sorry folks no reporting. There is to much POWDER. Been to busy in 0.5 - 1M Poweder !!

More on way tonight Monday !!!
ski holidays
it looked cloudy on the webcams.

I am over there saturday, are all the lifts open. ?

It looked like valluga was shut today.
snow report
Just got back from St Anton. Just a day trip. Weather was crap, the whole top of the area was fooged in, but the snow conditions were superb. So much new snow.... Even on piste there was deep snow.

We made the mistake of going down the ski route 33, it looked ok from the lift and loads were doing it. It was around 3-3ft deep in soft snow, great for off-pisters but far beyond my capabilities. How the hell do you turn in 2ft drifts!! it took us ages and tired us out for the rest of the afternoon. My mate struggled even more, poor thing.

Shame about the fog, but a great day nevertheless
snow conditions
stevev, I know what you mean about Route 33 off the top of Kapal-it looks very nice from the top of the lift there and potentially quite easy as it's not very steep but I think a lot of people end up going in there and find it hard going. I went for the first time whilst I was there in January, and it was fine, I hadn't been in any of the ski routes before but there were a fair few people stuggling and that was then before all the deep snow that has fallen lately. I thought it was quite long too until you end up coming out onto the piste at the bottom.

Good fun though as long as it's not too much for the person going in there.
snow report
Big Dump (50cm+ possible ) here starting tonight & all day tomorrow .
latest report
looks like a mega-dump today Very Happy
snow report
HUGE POWDER DAY!!!

Level 4/5 Avi.
snow conditions
stanton, snow report for Lech has gome from 70 to 185 in the village over the last week! How much actual skiing has been possible over that period - have the lifts been open? I see the roads are closed which must be a downer for anyone trying to get in!
ski holidays
Last Tuesday we had a MAJOR storm it cleared precisely at 23:40. Wednesday was Powder but to be honest you had to be on Rendl as everything was closed except Galzigbahn & Gampen but because of the holidays this was a nobrainer to even try to ski over there. Only problem was the temperature dropped to -15 to -20C

Took them a while to get Rendlbahn open (30mins late) but Have to say it was some of the deepest Powder I ever skied up on Rendl. No one seemed to take any notice of the Level 4/5 warnings & I even see the Avalanche Commissie warning some Ski Bums who were about to set off into RosFal .

All the lifts were open by Thursday, they even got managed to dig Stuben out & get those lifts working !!

Yesterday the weather turned again & it started snowing (another 20-30cms up high) & we expect snow everyday until next Wednesday!! All the lifts were open this morning.

Avalanche Risk is quite high there have been some avalanches in Hinter Rendl today.

http://homes.tiscover.com/RGN16at/lawine/lageberichte/LLBTirol_en.pdf
snow conditions
About another 20-30cm of fresh snow yesterday Very Happy Very Happy

Dumping again today quite heavy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy