Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crossmax LTD????

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where the Crossmax LTD fits in Salomon's range? Decathlon are selling then for a bargin price, but I can't seem to find any specs on them. Anyone know, worth a look or steer clear (bottom of the range bendy junk)? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my opinion, comapred to an Atomic Supercross or Dynastar Skicross or Head RX all Crossmax are 'bottom of the range bendy junk'!!! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A mate of mine mentioned these skis and that shop to me yesterday and asked me for my thoughts. I told him I had no idea about them.

He's after them for his wife and himself who are, probably, at the beginner/intermediate stage. If they are bendy boards I presume they'll be OK for him. Would you agree?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Powderhound, Enak Gavaggio doesn't seem to do too badly on them!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, Yeah, but he is clearly far far far better than me and able to make them work for him! I need the stiffness of the Atomic to help me out - and the not inconsiderable weight to get me out of the air quickly on those skicross courses that frighten me witless each time!

marc gledhill, for your mate they would probably be fine. Are they the ones with the darker graphics on them?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Powderhound, The graphics are like last year's Crossmax graphic, not this seasons. A Ski instructor mate thinks they may just be a standard Crossmax 8 or 10, built as a limited addition, in bulk for Decathlon. I'm going to got and have a look at them next week. They also offer Atomic C:9 for a similare prices, so I should be able to compare the flex between the 2.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They were Standard Crossmax 8, but with S810 bindings in stead of S710 and different graphics. Unfortunately Decathlon only have 160s and below left, too short for me! They had the Atomic C9s in my length, so I went for them. At £169, I couldn't pass it up, it's cheeper than 3 weeks ski hire, so if they last 2 seasons I can't complain.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.decathlon.fr/Magasin/produit.asp?int_DeptId=23227&int_DeptPereId=32899&int_PfId=154574#
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Crossmax LTD was are not just a rebadged version of another Crossmax model.

They have been made specifically as a low-price entry level ski and are really only suitable for beginners or low intermediates.

One obvious difference between them and the crossmax8 is that the CM8 has two vibration absorbers on the front whereas the CM LTD only has one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
u brain, I bow to you expert knowledge. "The Staff in Decathlon they lie" then! Maybe there Crossmax 77?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ironically it was a member of staff at Decathalon who clued me up in the first place.
It's probably how U ask the question Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or who you ask???? I just hope my Atomic C:9s are ok. They look like the standard Atomic C:9, as pictured on the Atomic website. Any intel on these???? (there's alway eBay of they don't ski well!!)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I presume you got 170s Mark? They might be a tad soft - fun in the soft stuff but a bit bendy going hell-for-leather down Mannlichen (just don't do any turns, what could possibly go wrong? Very Happy . At the price though I don't think you can go far wrong to be honest.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike, yes I went for 170s (link to the Decathlon page below, they seem to have put the price back up to £289). If they don't work out I can always hire a better pair and put them up for sale on eBay. Atomic rate them as an on-piste ski for advanced skiers, although I think their advanced is intermediate in most people's language (I wish the manufacturers would standardise there ratings). Then again I don't intent to break any down hill records!

I'll just have to give them a good work out down Mannlichen and see where the Oh Sh**t point is (got a helmet too, so the fall won't hurt so much Puzzled ).

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ukstore/produit.asp?int_DeptId=23227&int_DeptPereId=32899&int_PfId=154562
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You'll be racing on the Lauberhorn mate - might want to rent a pair of stiffies for the day. And yes, you'll need that helmet Very Happy
ski holidays
telford_mike, True, but there's racing and then there's racing. If you think I'm going to get stuck in the middle of the pack on a mass start down hill you've got another thing coming! Let the pack go and have fun skiing down (assuming that red eyed monster Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil doesn't come out and force me to race for real). May have to swop the C:9s for SX:11s for the day?????? I'll see how the C:9s got.

Now if we need to win the drinking afterwards, then happy to help. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
There's another race now Mark, standard GS 1 at a time with timing. On the Wednesday I think. 80th anniversary Lauberhorn race, and we're all doing it! Cool
snow report
Another race????? This is sounding far too serious! I'm off down to the gym to get fit...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
'fraid so mate. See helmets thread in main forum. Get one Toofy Grin
snow report
bug the helmet, get me serious insurance now!!!!
snow report
Unbelieveable. Someone has bought a set of the Crossmax LTD's as sold by Decathlon for £169 and sold them on eBay for £315, touting them as suitable for intermediate/advanced skiers.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7128539022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It just gots to prove you can sell anything on eBay. The Web version of a car boot sale!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy