Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
VolklAttivaS5, the flights you're looking at were from Gatwick, yes? I'll also check flights from LCY on Swiss & AF. AFAIK, BA only carry skis for free between Dec & April...worth checking out. I'm not sure about the other scheduled carriers, I'll check those too.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The transfer bus will be no doubt need to serve several flights and therefore we will make it at a time to suit all according to demand. It's not possible to say at this stage what the time will be, but let's say for now it'll be by 15:00 - if everyone's flights are in earlier we'll make it earlier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vetski, the 11.35 arrival one was from Gatwick, the later one at 14.20 was from Heathrow. Oh didn't know that about skis for free between Dec and April, I did have a look at the sporting equipment page and they didn't seem to mention anything about it being between Dec and April only...hmmm....anyway yes you check it out then thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joanne Mountainsun, ok thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Use of test equipment is included in the offer so you don't need to bring your own skis! You're welcome to if you want of course, but if you want to save carriage and have a go on some new gear the offer is there!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
vetski, LCY is probably better than LGW anyway, my nearest airports are BHX and BRS but they're no good for suitable times. Nearest London airport to me is LHR but presumably LCY is nearer than LGW? I've never flown from LCY before.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, LCY is on the far side of London from you, Gatwick would be easier/better from Hereford
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Joanne Mountainsun, so we can use their skis the whole time we are there without time constraints? Well that makes it easier in getting the cheapest flights then.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C, thanks. LHR or LGW for me then. I'll carry on looking.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
is it worth waiting for the winter schedule of Easyjet etc before booking flights?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, easyjet flights until end October are already on their website. I think a lot of the other companies have flights up to end October as well so I don't think it matters for the Sept/Oct trips people are considering.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 7-05-08 15:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
VolklAttivaS5, the Liverpool - Geneva EZY flights are only up to the 28th Sept. Not sure about other routes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B, yes I had noticed that about the Bristol and East Midlands flights only being available upto 28th September too....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, I just tried Bristol with Easyjet but they stop on 25th Sept even though Oct is a month on the selection option.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops, yeah I know...pants int it.
ski holidays
Can get a sensible flight on the way there from Birmingham which would be splendid, but its getting back at the right time thats the problem.
ski holidays
maybe just worth hanging back a bit on flights to see what will be available and what times they maybe, seems a shame to book something now and find out that loads of people book a different time that dictates the minibus transfer times
latest report
rayscoops, Yeah, that's what I'm going to do....there's plenty of time to get it sorted after all, no rush like. You could do with a Bristol flight by the looks as well. In a few weeks I'll have another look at it all and see if that weekend commencing 26th September is feasible with convenient flights and what everyone else is up to at the time.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, most sensible Very Happy
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, rayscoops, I'll be looking at a Bristol flight too.

Last October I ended up staying a night in Geneva because the Bristol flights weren't at times that suited the transfers, hopefully they'll be better this year.
ski holidays
roga, it seems there will be two mini buses this year and more flexibility with transfer times perhaps
ski holidays
roga, hello, yes that's an idea to stay in Geneva if the flights don't quite work out. Where did you stay in Geneva that was near the airport?

rayscoops, I think the earlier transfer put on and the 2 mini buses to compliment different flight times on the way back might've been for the opening weekend on Friday 26th September mind you, which won't be any good for roga as he is going half term week I believe.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, from the Dec thread

Full details of the camp will be available within the next couple of weeks - the finer details being ironed out this week and the website will be launched in a couple of weeks time. Capacity will be increased this time to cope with demand a little better and we will, therefore, be running two buses daily. Transfers usually ready to leave Geneva 19:30 (arriving around 22:30) or 21:30 (arriving after midnight) but exact timing depend on demand for the day.
ski holidays
rayscoops, ooh didn't see that post at the beginning of the Dec thread. You were right then, they are not just doing the 2 buses thing for the opening weekend. Oh good, at least it will be easier to book flights that coincide with the buses when we get round to it.
snow report
Several people have mentioned the PSB: The Mondial this year will be: Ski = 25 & 26 October and snowboard = 31st Oct - 2nd Nov. LDA will be open for the whole week in between. I will post something in the Snow Events forum about it. Shouldn't these be there too??
latest report
We are quite flexible on dates in October, as long as we avoid half term, and on mid-week/weekend options. We will be driving to Tignes, through Albertville, and could pick up a couple of people (actually up to 4 people if they didn't have shedloads of luggage) en route. Might be useful if transfer times prove awkward for some. Buses from Geneva to Albertville are quite frequent in the winter - don't know about October though.
snow report
Okay, just sent a PM to Joanne Mountainsun and got a response pretty much immediately.

Anyone who want to combine the trip to Tignes with the Mondial are able to.

My thoughts on the subject given Joanne's response:

Three night packages at Tignes - arrive 21st and ski through to the afternoon of the 24th. Transfer to L2A (will arrange if there is enough interest) during the afternoon of the 24th. Stay Friday night in L2A ready to hit the slopes for the Mondial first thing on the Saturday.

Much like holidayloverxx has done, I'll set up a template for people to add details when they start 'firming up' (her phrase, not mine...) I'll start another thread in the snowEvenets forum for that though, leaving this one for chat/discussion about it instead, rather than get the confused.

NB. We still can't make any bookings though until T&Cs etc are confirmed, which should (apparantly) be the end of next week. snowHead
latest report
Firming Up Details Thread
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skisimon, Room for another one? I've had to withdraw from the December group due to a clash of dates - 7 months away, and already I'm getting conflicts Confused

I'll add my details into the 'Firming Up' thread as well.
snow conditions
jmdohanlon, great stuff.

Now, can a couple more people who've said they're up for the October trip do that also... rolling eyes wink
latest report
Tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow...
ski holidays
easiski, I think snowEvents was initially intended for 'official' trips.
ski holidays
Any room for a couple more on this trip? We will need to use the transfers. We will be coming in from Bristol which arrives at 1.15pm. Will this be a problem? Thanks
ski holidays
Mogs, you'll have a few hours wait...but there is a bar...
ski holidays
Mogs, definitely room for a couple more! No problem with arriving at that time, there might be a wait depending on transfer times, as vetski said, but you certainly won't miss them!

If you could add your plans to the thread in snowEvents (link a few posts up) that would be very helpful. snowHead
latest report
Thanks both. Don't mind waiting around a bit for a transfer at all. Bar sounds good to me. Now I've mentioned this trip it is generating some interest amongst my ski usual crowd. just waiting for definate answers afrom them nd I'll add the details to firming up thread.
ski holidays
Fantastic news, the more the merrier. (We've got a way to go to catch up with holidayloverxx's numbers... Laughing ).
ski holidays
At last. Five of us confirmed if thats ok? I will add the details to the firming up thread. Where do we go from here? Can we assume the accommodation is reserved and can we book the flights?
ski holidays
Mogs, butting into skisimon's thread....

When Joanne lets us know that she is selling the trip we have to book directly with her (skisimon will post details or check my December thread). Joanne is aware of the interest. This thread is a co-ordination exercise really e.g. to get roomies but it is up to the individuals to get the booking into Joanne as soon as she gives the nod.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, That's great. Thanks for the advice. Any idea on when we may get the nod?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy