Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
VolklAttivaS5, when I went on my first Bash, I made an A4 poster with the snowheads logo on - like a meeter & greeter, I'm sure if you are in the bar area with somethign "snowheady" on folk will gravitate towards you. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward, Have you any days/times lined up for lessons? I think as far as I am aware there are five of us interested in lessons on the Wednesday and Thursday and two of the five on the Friday
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mogs, stewart doesn't look in very often, maybe try a PM as well? if stewart can't do your lessons Mountain Sun have an arrangement with evolution - I had 2 brilliant lessons the other week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, Thanks. That sounds good to me. Did you arrange them in advance or when you got there? I'd like to hang on and give Stewart as much chance to get in touch as I can.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mogs, I arranged it when I got there as they had only just put the arrangement in place. Stewart wasn't working that weekend. you coudl PM Joanne at Mountain Sun to see what the deal is.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mogs, thanks for following this up. See you soon.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, No problem. I have also sent Stewart a PM. I'll let you know when I hear from him
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right, Mogs, his group and I have arranged to meet after my flight gets in at 16.30 in the cafe mentioned on the Mountain Sun transfer email. So that should be around 17.15 I'd have thought by time I've got off the plane and collected luggage etc. Mogs's flight gets in at 15.50 so for anyone else that wants to meet us in there then please feel free to do so. The cafe is mentioned here:-

"When you come into the arrivals hall from customs turn left and you will see a café on your left"

We might not stay in the cafe the whole time until 19.15 which is when our transfer bus assembles, we might decamp to where there is a bar at Geneva airport but sure enough we should definitely be there at about 17.15 ish.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
VolklAttivaS5, the cafe is a bar - it is The Hub. The other bars are the Montreux Jazz cafe which is outof arrivals and turn right, or there is the Swiss Chalet, past the Hub. Both of these are bigger and with more seats than the Hub.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, ok thanks, just seen actually that the cafe was referred to as a cafe-bar. Thanks for the others though, would be good to have somewhere a bit bigger if needed.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
VolklAttivaS5, we'll see you in Tignes (we're driving from here, over the Cormet de Roseland to Bourg St Maurice, the shortest way and the most attractive, but not passable in the winter). We'll have had a nice dinner by the time you arrive. wink Looks like it might snow in Tignes on Tuesday night. snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, yeah, hopefully we will have some fresh snow to start the day nicely on Wednesday.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi All, I'm arriving on the Monday evening (20th) is anyone else arriving on this date? I'm on my own initially so I'm looking for someone to ski with on the Tuesday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MarkBe, Sorry, we won't be skiing till Wednesday but we'll be there for dinner on Tuesday, unlike the late crew coming from Geneva. Have a good day on Tuesday!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MarkBe, I'm sure there will be other people arriving at the chalet at the same time as you that either aren't Snowheads, or they are and haven't posted on this thread. So having someone to ski with on the Tuesday should not be a problem as far as I can see. Very Happy

We (Mogs, his group of friends and I) will be arriving probably around 22.30-23.00, so if we don't see you and pam w that evening when we get there then we will see you on the Wednesday morning at breakfast of course. The website says the transfer time is 2 hours 30 minutes-3 hours to Tignes Les Boisses, so as long as we leave at 19.30 we should be with you about 22.30 all being well. There is a supper laid on for us when we arrive but we thought we would probably grab a bite to eat anyway while at Geneva. I don't know if you'll manage a sensible conversation out of some of us though, we will have been in the bar for a while before we get on the bus! All good fun though, it adds to the event Very Happy

I am looking forward to meeting everyone. See you on Tuesday/Wednesday snowHead
snow report
VolklAttivaS5,

Have you booked your skis on the plane yet... ? I am thinking I will do this now..as I can't be sure that skis there are there for me.

Enjoy ...Laughing
snow report
JT, no I decided not to bother taking mine, having cast my eye over the list on the previous page there is a medley of skis that will suit by the looks of things Toofy Grin and even if someone else gets there first, well anything at all from a 160 standard to a 175 in a twin tip will do me, I'll ski anything they've got, albeit not very skillfully as the case may be Laughing . I'm just going to see what Tignes is like preseason with just the glacier available and quite cheaply in the process, rather than going to practice my technique etc, I'm just going for a hoon around and a mess about really!

Hey, I did see a pair of Scott Crusades in Lockwoods the other day when I was there and my, they looked fun Laughing wink I think that will be one of the skis on my list but I have got a few I want to try.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, I'm sure you're right, see you tuesday evening. I can try to give you a snow report if I haven't drunk too much! Very Happy
ski holidays
just got back yesterday and wasn't anywhere near as impressed as last year. snow was as good as can be in october and unfortunatly the mountain was closed on our last day but forgetting the ski conditions we all felt a little dissapointed with certain aspects of the trip. some, definitely not all , staff members came across like they were there for a holiday and that us paying guests were an inconvenience for them however others were more than willing to help (steve and matt). Evening meal was good when you think about what the trip costs but breakfast wasn't the greatest, be sat at the table bang on 7.30 if you want something hot, i only got hot food one day. i don't want to come across as though i am trying to put people off because i'm not, its a bargain of a trip, but standards do seem to have dropped since last year. i hope this doesn't provoke a huge internet arguement, i know how some people on forums love to argue when criticism is expressed. For a small company I think to guarantee return custom, professionalism and cleanliness should be top of the list but unfortunatly on our trip they scored very low indeed. thats 5 people who won't be returning next year and unfortunatly i doubt our friends who were planning on going in december will be going after hearing our review.
ski holidays
mark_20vt, When I was there a couple of weeks ago I was asked if I wanted hot food - I didn't but thought it nice to be asked. I woudl be surprised if the kitchen would not provide hot food if the buffet had run out.

Interested to hear why you thought cleanliness was an issue?

On the whole I thought it was better than last year - staff were better organised, meals slicker.
snow report
cleaniliness, at 11pm the table in the lounge was still covered in crumbs from 3pm a couple of days running, not hard to wipe it down after clearing the plates up. other issue was the dogs, didn't bother me personally but might do some people. with the food thing one member of my group had to bang on the kitchen door a few times then after no reply went in himself and asked the memeber of staff sat there if he could have the same cooked food as some other guests and was told, "not a hope in hells chance..............ahhh only joking, i suppose so" not a very professional response. as for staff organisation we were left waitin nearly 20mins one morning for the shuttle because they didn't know who was going to drive, not hard decision for a 10min shuttle. trust me i don't have really high standards but i do know a thing or two about professionalism!
snow conditions
mark_20vt, fair enough, that would bug me as well.
snow conditions
mark_20vt, I would have thought that if you have a problem with service at a hotel it would be better to raise it with the management at the time? did you complain to the management at the time about your gripes and give them the chance to put things right? the beginning of a new season must be quite difficult with new staff etc and I am sure feed-back is how these things get resolved.
snow report
rayscoops, I agree with that, but actually the key staff are permanent.
snow conditions
Dear All

I'm really surprised to hear your comments, and have noted them and passed them back to the hotel. I'm sorry you were disappointed, and your comments will be raised and acted upon. Feedback is how we resolve issues such as this, and nobody has emailed me and given negative feedback - I've just stumbled upon this thread by chance so PLEASE, please do let me know when you get back (or speak to steve in resort) if you have issues.

We have been short staffed for the first part of the ski and board camp as most staff members were unable to return this early. More staff arrived last week, and the rest early November so hopefully this will go some way towards improving matters.
snow report
mark_20vt,
Quote:

other issue was the dogs, didn't bother me personally but might do some people.

How do you mean the other issue was the dogs?
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, there are 2 (I think) dogs which roam around - family pets. Dogs aren't my thing but they didn't bother me especially, I just ignored them.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, no, dogs aren't my thing either, no offence to any doggy people intended. Are they roaming around the dining room when you're having your breakfast/evening meal?

I must admit I am surprised there are dogs there-I've not been to a chalet or hotel before where they have had pets (well ones that are visibly evident anyway).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, No, absolutely not. I have never seen them anywhere in the dining room or bedroom areas, only the lounge area.
snow report
I don't recall seeing any dogs when we were there last year Confused
ski holidays
*IncogSkiSno*, they (or 1 certainly) were there in December
latest report
holidayloverxx, glad to hear it! What sort of dogs are they anyway?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, mutts ... but I know nothing about dogs
snow report
Ok. Are we talking poodle size or bigger but not as big as say an Alsatian or something? Laughing
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, something like that
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, ok.
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun, Thanks for your concern Joanne. I am sure that now you know about the issues that a little effort will see a major improvement.
snow conditions
2 black medium sized dogs. they don't pester guests and strictly don't go near dining room or bedrooms so its not really a problem, just wasn't expected. As for complaining on site, i am not a major fan of complaining and at the time these small issues didn't really warrant having a go at the boss but when you add several small issues together they don't paint a brilliant picture overall do they?
latest report
mark_20vt, that's good re no dogs in the dining room.

I know what you mean about not feeling the individual issues were worth complaining about to the manager at the time, but lumped together they add up and on thinking about it, hence that's why you posted about it. I for one am glad you have posted your views on here, so thanks, I think you'll have done us a favour since now, Joanne Mountainsun knows about the things you experienced which were a bit off, and is now on the case, I'm sure she will ensure that our group next week doesn't come back saying the same as you have about the crumbs, the attitude of some of the staff and the other bits and bobs you brought up which should make our trip more enjoyable.

Thanks very much and sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your trip as much as you could have done.
snow report
Think it might have been better to let the company address these issues first tho.... IMV
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy