Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone who is either out there or has just got back know what they have in the way of twin tips around a 175 please. i've tried emailing mark at edge to edge but had no reply and contacting joanne who has tried to help loads but unfortunatly doesn't know! Me and a few mates will be out on the 14th and i need to know if i need to take mine or not. Not really interested in trying out loads of new ski's, more interested in saving the luggage fee at the airport! If anyone can shed any light on this please let me know!!! cheers guys!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark_20vt, sorry I didn't really register what they had in longer lengths.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mark_20vt, might be worth phoning edge to edge in Crawley. I was down there last Saturday getting some bindings fitted and they were telling me about the skis which are out there at the moment and some of those which they hope to get out there soon. I didn't find out anything about twin tips or the like so I'm sorry I can't help you there, but the lads and lasses at edge to edge were very helpful. For my part I've been told to give the Scott Neos (I'm told they're a semi twin tip) a go, but I'm still taking my new skis as it will be their first outing.

Have fun!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mark_20vt, Have sent you a PM with another contact...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only two weeks and we'll be on our way Smile Any reports on snow conditions out there at the moment? Also if possible a list of skis/boots available for testing would be good. I'd like to do some research before we go.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mogs,
If you find out, can you publish here ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no pm in my inbox i'm afraid!!! i'll try ringing the store as suggested though... thanks for the suggestion!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT, I reckon I will be servicing my skis in anticipation this weekend and will end up taking them. I was hoping for loads and loads of choice and lengths of skis to test so I wouldn't have to bother.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
me too, better dig the wax out!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mark_20vt at the opening weekend there were a few scott twin tips at that sort of length, punisher and neo included, also they have head monster 82 which is a semi twin tip

for a few days i wouldnt take my skis to be honest, best spend the £30 saved on beer Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roger C, d'you know I was just thinking that because me and JT have booked our flights without ski carriage, if we pay for ski carriage at the airport it will be more expensive again probably, and for 3 days it's probably not worth it. I was after a Punisher and Neo or Monster in a 160-170, you didn't happen to notice if they had the shorter ones there did you? My Scotts are a 168 so around that will do, not fussy.

I seriously can't be ar*ed to pack my skis this time and lug them around for a couple of days away, I'll be doing it enough when the season gets in full swing. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
VolklAttivaS5 i remember that they had the monster 82 in 171 and something twin tipped by scott in a 165ish as holidayloverxx tried them
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roger C, yeehaa. Presumably they have more than one pair of each to try? Another woman or man might want to try the ones that I want to try otherwise.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Going out for a 3 day stint on 29th Oct, Luton to Geneva any other Snowheads out then ?, would be interested to know with all the race training that goes on there wether any opportunity to ski some gates ?.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rossiboy, there are four of us going out on the 28th - so we'll see you there Very Happy
latest report
Roger C, VolklAttivaS5, they were Scott Realms in 166 - there was more than one set IIRC. I'm only taking my skis in Dec as it's free with Swiss. If I had to pay extra I wouldn't bother.
ski holidays
mark_20vt, Oh dear - have tried again!
latest report
Rossiboy, we are going 21st-24th October and Stewart Woodward was going to be sorting out some gates to ski for us as I fancied a bit of that, so you could either ask him if he'll do the same when you're there or you could move your trip to 21st-24th instead if you can? Very Happy
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, looked again and still nothing! i'll just try ringing edge to edge in the morning so fingers crossed i'll get an answer! if not i'll prob just end up taking my own, only ever had to pay 15quid on the outbound flight so i'm sure i can afford that!
ski holidays
JT, Will do. If we don't hear anything before we go i'll try and get some info out there
ski holidays
It's very strange, I've sent you two private messages now so goodness knows what's happening to them! Perhaps send me one and I'll reply? OR you could always email me! (radical I know! but I find it a bit easier to communicate that way Blush ) mountain.sun@virgin.net
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5, Won't be able to move our dates but will try to contact Stewart, cheers
snow report
conditions on the glacier yesterday were awesome, blue skies and good skiing all day. Today was a bit windy and there were a few ice patches, but still really good conditions for time of year.
latest report
This trip has been the first with MountainSun, but it won't be the last.
All the staff at Hotel Les Melezes are really helpfull and uo for a laugh, big thanks also to Mat from edge2edge for sorting our gear out Perfect.
Anybody thinking about coming, book it you will love it,
will try and post some pics.
snow report
TroyStanley, delighted to hear it! Some pics would be great.
snow conditions
also compliments to the chef, you won't go hungry while your here.
ski holidays
any help in posting or attaching pics????
snow report
TroyStanley, if you look in the "apres zone" there's a sticky thread there with the details. Good luck! But even if you can't post pics, a report of your trip would be great for those of us going out shortly. I found a substantial pile of snow fallen off a roof, in the shade, at 1550m here today - and there's fresh snow on the peaks around, so I was hoping there'd been some fresh up at Tignes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no snow today, cloudy and windy
snow report
It's cloudy and windy here, too, but the forecast for the next few days has a fair bit of sun in it. Are you still there?
snow report
Hi everybody

I offer you preseason ski lessons in the various Alps ski resorts : Zermatt, Tignes from now and then les 2 Alpes, Val Thorens.

Programme (during weekend or full week) :
Practicing sessions with individual technical tips, carving learning and improvement and moguls skiing.
Intensive moguls skiing for English or Canadian instructors preparing their BASI IV or canadian level III or IV.

Weekend : 1050 Euros from Friday to Sunday included (up to 5 people)
Week : from Sunday to Friday included : 2100 Euros and from Monday to Friday included : 1750 Euros

Then from December 15, join me in the 3 Vallées - Courchevel / Méribel / Val Thorens for the 2008 – 2009 season.

Hope to see you soon. I'm very flexible, times, levels, weather, prices, ... so contact me

Claude
latest report
Hi All
I received this from the guys at Edge2Edge. Many thanks to them

EQUIPMENT TAKEN TO BOOT CAMP SEPTEMBER 26th 2008 EQUIPMENT TAKEN TO BOOT CAMP SEPTEMBER 26th 2008
SKIS SKI BOOTS BOARDS
Make Model Size Make Model Size Make Model Size
Atomic Drive 7 169 Atomic Hawk + w 24.5 Burton Custom Ics 58
Atomic Drive 9 172 Atomic Hawk + w 25.5 Burton Feelgood 152
Atomic Drive 11 172 Atomic Hawk + w 26.5 Burton Feelgood 154
Atomic Metron 157 Atomic Hawk + 26.5 Burton Supermodel 163
Atomic Metron 164 Atomic Hawk + 27.5 Burton Supermodel 168
Atomic Metron 171 Atomic Hawk + 28.5 Lib Tech T Rice 157
Atomic Urban Punx 175 Atomic Hawk + 29.5 Lib Tech Skate 156
Atomic Punx 164 Atomic Hawk + 30.5 Lib Tech Skate 159
Atomic GS11 171 Atomic Hawk 120 28.5 Atomic Cold smoke 160
Atomic GS11 176 Atomic B Tech alu W 24.5 Atomic Rapture 159
Atomic Vario Flex R16 172 Atomic B Tech alu W 25.5 Atomic Dream Raider 158
Atomic Criminson Ti 176 Atomic B Tech alu W 26.5
Head Cool thang 142 Atomic B Tech alu 26.5
Head Cool thang 149 Atomic B Tech alu 27.5
Head Cool thang 163 Atomic B Tech alu 28.5
Head Monster 82 172 Atomic B Tech alu 29.5 BOARD BOOTS
Head Monster 82 177 Atomic B Tech alu 30.5 Make Model Size
Head Cool One 142 Head Edge9+ 27.5 Burton Hail Uk7
Head Cool One 149 Head Edge9+ 28.5 Burton Hail Uk8
Head Cool One 156 Head Edge9+ 29.5 Burton Hail Uk9
Head Cool One 163 Head Edge 10 + 26.5 Burton Hail UK10
Head Every one 149 Head Edge 10 + 27.5 Burton Hail Uk11
Head Every one 156 Head Edge 10 + 28.5 Burton Hail UK11.5
Head Every one 163 Head Dream 8.5 24.5 Salomon Kalatan 23.5
Head Sweet One 166 Head Dream 8.5 25.5 Salomon Kalatan 24.5
Head Xeon 6.0 163 Head Dream 8.5 26.5 Salomon Kalatan 25.5
Head Xeon 6.0 170 Salomon Foil 26.5 Salomon Kalatan 26.5
Head Xeon 8.0 163 Salomon Foil 27.5
Head Xeon 8.0 170 Salomon Foil 28.5 BINDINGS
Rossignol Attraction III 146 Salomon Foil 29.5 Make Model Size
Rossignol Attraction III 154 Burton Custom Small
Rossignol Attraction III 162 Burton Custom Med
Rossignol Attraction v 154 Burton Custom Large
Scott Mission 178 Burton Cartel Est Med
Scott Mission 168 Burton Cartel Est Large
Scott Punisher 172 Burton Lexa Med
Scott Punisher 182
Scott Neo 166
Scott Neo 176
Scott Realm 166
Scott Realm 176
Scott Crusade 169
Scott Crusade 179
Salomon Crossmax 120
Salomon Snowblade 99.8
latest report
The spreadsheet they sent me is in a much better format than it has appeared on here. If anyone wants it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you
snow report
Mogs,

Top detective work...

No skis there for me, so I'll look to take my own, I guess
ski holidays
perfect day again today, bright sunshine and soft conditions
snow conditions
Mogs wrote:
The spreadsheet they sent me is in a much better format than it has appeared on here. If anyone wants it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you

you have a pm!
ski holidays
Hi all. I got the email through today from Mountain Sun saying the transfer bus (for me anyway-not sure if there is another one for others depending on flight times) is for 19.30. My flight gets in at 16.30 so by time I've collected luggage etc it will be 17.30 at the latest leaving a couple of hours to wait. Is anyone else here going to be at Geneva waiting for the 19.30 transfer?
ski holidays
There should be...earliest we can collect is 19:30 I'm afraid, after we've done the returning guest's drop off. Can't tell you who though, I only have people's real names from the bookings, rather than their Snowhead name.
snow report
Joanne Mountainsun, ok. I'm sure they will pipe up soon enough to let me know who they are snowHead
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, You already know about me and the others I am traveling with but for anyone else we are arriving at 15.50pm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy